• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne launch trailer

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
If anyone cares, the Nightmare Edition is back for preorder on Amazon.de. I feel less and less special every day :D

I've pre-ordered mine.
Rnc9jz2.jpg

my_body_is_ready.gif

Finalow

If anyone cares, the Nightmare Edition is back for preorder on Amazon.de. I feel less and less special every day :D
I might cancel my existing pre-order and get it there, less expensive.

any chance that the stuff inside is written in english and not german?

Inotti

I have Bloodborne Nightmare edition preordered but I'm getting second thoughts because outrageous price (149€) and I'm not sure is all that stuff really worth the extra money. :/
Not sure what to do... Do I really need that extra crap and is it worth the 80€ extra I'm paying.

And before someone suggests that I should buy from Amazon.de it's still 142,41€ with shipping and then I wouldn't be able to play it on it's release day.

Randam

I stopped buying collectors editions, limited editions and so on years ago.

Most of the time the stuff is crap, and it's never worth the money.

Cheapest edition there is for me.

takriel

I have Bloodborne Nightmare edition preordered but I'm getting second thoughts because outrageous price (149€) and I'm not sure is all that stuff really worth the extra money. :/
Not sure what to do... Do I really need that extra crap and is it worth the 80€ extra I'm paying.

And before someone suggests that I should buy from Amazon.de it's still 142,41€ with shipping and then I wouldn't be able to play it on it's release day.
I don't think it's worth it honestly, the Collector's Edition is the way to go imo.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
No and no probably. Just read what is included and IMO it's not worth 80 additional EUR - not even close.

I myself preordered the Steelbook. Even that is pretty expensive with 73 EUUR but fuck it, if anyone deserves me paying full price it's Miyazaki.

Inotti

Thanks guys. Yeah, I just called to my local gamestore and changed my preorder to collector's edition, which is about 15€ extra compared to regular edition. Artbook and steelbook are the only extra crap I need. And I wouldn't use that quill anyway...

Gbraga

There are people who prefer the separate hub in DeS over the seamless world in DkS? Seems crazy to me. The Nexus was cool and all, I liked it, but I by far preferred the interconnected world in DkS, with its sweet shortcuts leading back "home" from various places. So yeah, I'm a bit disappointed with that aspect of BB. At least we don't get separate levels this time, that would have been REALLY disappointing. As good as DeS is, its disconnected world as a whole (while the levels are cool in their own right) just pales next to the world of DkS IMO.

Completely agree with you, but unfortunately a lot of people prefer the seperate hub, so yeah.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks guys. Yeah, I just called to my local gamestore and changed my preorder to collector's edition, which is about 15€ extra compared to regular edition. Artbook and steelbook are the only extra crap I need. And I wouldn't use that quill anyway...

Eh, the quill isn't for use imho, it's to place it nicely on a shelf or something. IDK, I preordered the NE because Bloodborne, and because I never ever ordered a high-tier LE of anything, and if I'd do it for anything, it's a Miyazaki thing I guess. If it's cheap crap, then I don't think it will be hard to sell it on Ebay afterwards ;)

You dont need that extra crap, and honestly its almost never even approaching being worth it in terms of value.
These special editons are meant for people who get a kick out of collecting low run products or gamers going through hype highs (only to get serious buyers remorse afterwards)

Drop that LE for the regular edition and spend that extra money on Bloodborne DLC or another game.
Thats my advice anyway.

Inotti

Eh, the quill isn't for use imho, it's to place it nicely on a shelf or something. IDK, I preordered the NE because Bloodborne, and because I never ever ordered a high-tier LE of anything, and if I'd do it for anything, it's a Miyazaki thing I guess. If it's cheap crap, then I don't think it will be hard to sell it on Ebay afterwards ;)

I think I have nicer things to display on shelves than a quill & ink set and a notebook and if I'm not going to display it nor use it there's no point of owning it either. I preordered Bloodborne NE because of hype high and I thought that the price would be more reasonable than what it is. :) Like I said earlier I already changed my preorder to collector's edition.

80€ extra for NE compared to regular edition is too much for me. :/

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I think I have nicer things to display on shelves than a quill & ink set and a notebook and if I'm not going to display it nor use it there's no point of owning it either. I preordered Bloodborne NE because of hype high and I thought that the price would be more reasonable than what it is. :) Like I said earlier I already changed my preorder to collecto'r edition.

Oh I completely get it. I was unsure about my preorder as well a couple of times, but I figured eh, it's a once-a-year-thing so whatevs. If there's a proper Artbook coming later, I will probably get it as well anyway.

Mandelbo

Really hope my pre-ordered standard edition gets the saw cleaver steelbook. It isn't that much of a deal, but it's so pretty and way better than the regular boxart imo. I swear it hasn't been mentioned since that one PSBlog post where they announced all the different editions.

It's a horrible ripoff.

Cancel, get the regular or maybe even SteelBook edition if you feel like it and buy another game from the money you've saved.

Auctopus

It's a rip off for the price. It's disappointing that this game had such an underwhelming edition. All that's worth having is the art book and the soundtrack.

I've ordered standard and gonna eBay the art book.

Inotti

Yeah I didn't know the price when I preordered NE and I just found out today when I called my local gamestore. No game is worth 149€ for me.

These special edition artbooks are always so lame and devoid of content. Might as well wait for the real book release.
I got one with my special edition of Demon Souls and I almost laughed at that thing when I took it out of the box :(

Blizzard does it right. Everyone else seems to just cram in a bunch of cheap branded plastic and half baked stuff.

Draft

I don't own a PS4.

Do I need the Bloodborne disc in the tray to play? If I buy it digitally from Sony/PSN, do I get the pre-order DLC?

I don't own a PS4.

Do I need the Bloodborne disc in the tray to play? If I buy it digitally from Sony/PSN, do I get the pre-order DLC?

If you buy physical, then yes, the disc must be in the PS4. The game will install to the hard drive, but the disc is still required.

Looking on the PSN store, preordering does get you the Top Hat for messengers.

Retsudo

I think I have nicer things to display on shelves than a quill & ink set and a notebook and if I'm not going to display it nor use it there's no point of owning it either. I preordered Bloodborne NE because of hype high and I thought that the price would be more reasonable than what it is. :) Like I said earlier I already changed my preorder to collector's edition.

80€ extra for NE compared to regular edition is too much for me. :/

I did the same. I had the NE pre ordered, back when my store had no price for it yet, but i changed it to the CE because it's half the price and the extras that come in the NE would just stay in the box.

It's just a lot of money for trinkets.

Afrodium

Banned
So close now

How bad is it getting in the spoiler thread?

Everything in the thread is spoiler tagged, so you can choose what to read. There's really not that much out there, so it's not too bad. Every once in a while there will be a stream going on that everyone watches, but as long as you don't watch the stream then you should be pretty good. I've been in the thread most of the week and have only had some weapons, class descriptions, and potentially false covenant info spoiled (this is the only thing I wish wants spoiled for me). There's also impressions from Reddit users that have boss battle descriptions that I haven't read much of. Other posters usually parse the Reddit impressions down to non-spoilers bits for people who just want to know general info.

danthefan

I stopped buying collectors editions, limited editions and so on years ago.

Most of the time the stuff is crap, and it's never worth the money.

Cheapest edition there is for me.

I never bought them in the first place. Will be going digital here I think.

Welp it is official! Had the final chat with the wife and got the word. BLOODBORNE IS MINE! Alllll MINE!!!' Ahhhhhh HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Was getting worrisome for awhile there. Thought I was going to have to wait a few weeks to get it. That would of been torture

Alebrije

Same day I think. Kinda bums me out that all the secrets and strategies will be out there immediately instead of the community discovering them organically

Yep, since secrets become money strategy guides are released same day as the games , they need tho get the best profit before internet guides and videos are available for free

Will be curious if we get any FF Type 0 sales figures.

Bloodborne is nipping at its heals. Type 0 is 4 and dropping, Bloodborne is #5 and rising. PS4 is rising ( 6 ). The Bloodborne collectors edition alone is #15.

Bloodborne been in the Top 10 for over a week now.

For reference. The Order is #45 in best selling of 2015 list.

Bloodborne atm is 82. Bloodborne collectors edition is 80.

Still a week to go and then launch day sales and then word of mouth and review sales. When I checked yesterday bloodborne was not in the Top 100 of 2015 yet. So it is definitely moving and moving fast. I hope for massive sales, would be a huge boon for Miyazaki and the game in general.

JUST NO LAUNCH DAY ONLINE PROBLEMS PLEASE! lol

Will be curious if we get any FF Type 0 sales figures.

Bloodborne is nipping at its heals. Type 0 is 4 and dropping, Bloodborne is #5 and rising. PS4 is rising ( 6 ). The Bloodborne collectors edition alone is #15.

Bloodborne been in the Top 10 for over a week now.

For reference. The Order is #45 in best selling of 2015 list.

Bloodborne atm is 82. Bloodborne collectors edition is 80.

Still a week to go and then launch day sales and then word of mouth and review sales. When I checked yesterday bloodborne was not in the Top 100 of 2015 yet. So it is definitely moving and moving fast. I hope for massive sales, would be a huge boon for Miyazaki and the game in general.

JUST NO LAUNCH DAY ONLINE PROBLEMS PLEASE! lol

For the monthly chart Bloodborne is still a little behind Type 0 (I think Final Fantasy will ultimately sell more for March), but in "compared to the Order" placing it is about the same place a week from launch. I am guessing a similar opening, which would be a pretty solid start that should grow in April with good reviews, word of mouth, and only major competition being Mortal Kombat (which is a very different genre).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2015-03/videogames/ref=zg_bsar_videogames_pg_2?ie=UTF8&pg=2#1

Jobbs

Banned
I've pre-ordered mine.
Rnc9jz2.jpg

my_body_is_ready.gif

I preordered digitally AND preordered a physical CE! my body is DOUBLE READY!

I'll be here midnight on the 24th to begin my unhealthiest video game binge in -- maybe ever, but certainly in years. I'm getting too old for this, but not too old for one last ride.

Vire

I preordered digitally AND preordered a physical CE! my body is DOUBLE READY!

I'll be here midnight on the 24th to begin my unhealthiest video game binge in -- maybe ever, but certainly in years. I'm getting too old for this, but not too old for one last ride.
So that's where our Ghost Song kickstarter money is going to. :p

Top Bottom