• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Round 2015 - Fighting Game Tournament - March 20th - 22nd

kitzkozan

3 out of Top 4 will be Japanese. That's insane.

Momochi is the best player in the world and Kazunoko isn't far behind him. Fuudo is easily top 10, so it's not surprising. Nothing against the US players, but none of them can be classified as being top 10 in the world. Xian seems to be back to top 10 form ,if not top 5.

I do think that Asia's top players are overall better than NA and EU as a whole. Dieminion talked about this when momochi showed a "beginner" tutorial to competitive usf4 with the wakeup OS

Kevin Landon @Di3mini0n · Mar 15
It's not just Momochi. Japan knew about this for some time. They are literally ahead of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1VeqwFEmsg

But the gap isn't super large in a 2/3 setting. Its more obvious in a larger set like FT 5/7/10 such as the master series.

I don't think its character choice, but they do play a factor. I mean ryan hart plays yun and its not even close to kaz's level. Imo, its all due to the arcade scene and how arcades vs consoles are viewed.

Top Bottom