• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS Customization Thread | For the Love of Nintendo...

kaioshade

kaioshade came through like a BAMF!!

Without fail here is a picture of the awesome Zelda faceplate!

ssZBBXV.png

Looks great! im glad it arrived safely.

I love seeing everyone's cover plates. Still waiting on my three to arrive. It's been over a month since the tracking was last updated/scanned. Haven't seen it show up yet.
I ordered the Jibanyan, Green and Blue Gingham plates. I'm getting so anxious!

Veign06

Neo Member
Yay, finally got approved. Just FYI for anyone still holding out for the triforce plate. Its still available at GAME UK and they do international shipping, ended up costing me just $29 US after shipping. It doesnt show up if you just do a normal search but it will if you check their suggestions when typing it in. Mine took about a week and a half to get here to the states. I had already preordered both Zelda ones on Amazon.de but didnt wanna scratch them up so I got an extra triforce one since it was still in stock. Still debating those two MH4 ones and missed the Amazon.de Xenoblade cause they didnt put it up originally on the page with all the new plates. Saw this post when it got put up on its own page but you had to be a member to quote and find the direct link (sold out before I finally got approved).

Here is a direct link to the GAME UK triforce one: http://www.game.co.uk/en/new-3ds-cover-plate-the-legend-of-zelda-triforce-481486 (and yes, no mix up here with GAME lol, ordered the triforce plate and got the triforce plate)

Saiyan-Rox

Has anyone else's Zelda faceplate got white edges? Its actually annoying me plus I've somehow scratched it :( really need a see through plastic shell for this DS

Craft

So Nin-Nin said they ran out of stock for something I pre-ordered in February.
So I am out a Majora's Mask plate. I am so sad!

Complain to them about it, I got a £5 voucher when they didn't fulfil my Shulk pre-order.
Sucks that you won't ever be able to get the Majora's Mask plate at a decent price but at least it's something...

Veign06

Neo Member
Yes. The Triforce plates have uneven white edges. Looks like a printing error.

Ya that would completely bug me on a black system after seeing come pics earlier in the thread...I didnt even notice it on my white system tho :). I supposed one could probably color them in a bit with sharpie or something.

Forsythia

Finally received my coverplate from Japan!

wp_000163aeu0d.jpg

NOE refuses to sell some nice coverplates here, but now my N3DS finally looks sexy! It's simple, but I love it!

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Just got my white n3ds, black monhun plate, and white charging stand.

Pics later, but absolute boss so far.

Blues1990

I haven't checked every page in this thread, but I really love a lot of these custom faceplates. It makes me want to design a custom Classic Mega Man faceplate.

That is, if Nintendo of America does release the regular New Nintendo 3DS.

Mob

Any chances the Xeno plates will hit Amazon?

I would have thought so as Amazon.de had them briefly, getting a bit close to release date now though, expected to see them listed already.

Although all the new cover plates for EU release on 2nd April and Amazon don't have any of them offered yet (except by 3rd party seller's) so maybe they're just slow listing them.

I am hoping the Majora's Mask plate gets a refresh, Nin-Nin screwed me out of one.
Have not heard from Play-Asia, but I just now got my Amiibo shipment from Nin-Nin. So I expect to get the Xenoblade/Kirby/Pikachu plate by sometime in April.
Boo Plate is really awesome.

Can take pictures of ORAS, Boo Plate, and Smash for those curious.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Kind of tempted to get the B&W polka dots plate, but I want to avoid getting in the habit of changing plates every month. While it matching the mix of black and white object on my desk would be cool, I like having a bit of colour in my life so I'll stick with the blue gingham for now.

I'm using the blue gingham as well on my white model. My plates finally arrived, I love how the green one looks in person and Jibanyan is perfect for my black JP model.

kunonabi

wp_000163aeu0d.jpg

NOE refuses to sell some nice coverplates here, but now my N3DS finally looks sexy! It's simple, but I love it!

Nice to see more people going with the creamsicle look. I love mine even more now that I'm rocking the Dreamcast theme with it.

I'm considering buying a decal from decalgirl, but I really only want it for the inside. I have the MH4U n3ds, so I don't want to cover that glorious outer design up, but I don't want the interior to get all pooped up from my oily mitts all over it. I typically wash my hands before I play it, but I know in time this luxury might not be an option.

Has anyone done this? I think I would just go with a matte black, so it wouldn't detract from the rest of the plastic..

Danneee

wp_000163aeu0d.jpg

Loving the one color plates. When they release them in EU I'll probably buy the orange and blue ones...

Forsythia

Loving the one color plates. When they release them in EU I'll probably buy the orange and blue ones...

Yeah, I'll probably pick up different colours too when (if) they are released in Europe. I just couldn't wait for that, as my N3DS felt naked without a cover plate.

true Gek

Just ordered the white Mario cover and pre-ordered the Xenonlade one ad a green mushroom one. So excited! I'd also like to buy the blue monochrome one but it's not still up for preorders...

Here Italy

I got my Xenoblade cover plate today!! YAY :D Unfortunately I don't have a n3DS yet, but I plan on getting one soon
Nice, mine got shipped yesterday.
I got plenty of faceplates now, so I will make a gallery of all of them.

My favorite are Pokémon ORAS, Mario Wood, Mario Felt, and Smash White.
Edit: Also Amazon.de says they are getting a restock on April 9th. Hoping that means Zelda MM is a part of it.

Edit 2: Also April 2nd is the release date of Wave 2 plates in EU. Woohoo!

Yeah I plan to put a huge update in this thread to include a PAL spreadsheet. I have to ask some more but it seems the next retail game to get a theme will be Puzzles and Dragons.

Anime

Neo Member
Yeah I plan to put a huge update in this thread to include a PAL spreadsheet. I have to ask some more but it seems the next retail game to get a theme will be Puzzles and Dragons.

Nice! looking forward to it! its also unfortunate how dead the thread is i hope some new cover plates get announced soon to revive it!

Fire Emblem cover plates when!?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Nice! looking forward to it! its also unfortunate how dead the thread is i hope some new cover plates get announced soon to revive it!

Fire Emblem cover plates when!?
Well without the stickers there's little to do but buy a plate and theme and once you've settled on one you'll probably not be switching it out for a while.

I saw a cool Gaffer made mockup for a Famicom N3DSXL, decided to make it a reality.

$12 for a Zelda cover plate from Nintendo.

$30 to create the decals, at a local design/print shop

$199 for a New Red N3DSXL

Maximum enjoyment from my beloved system + wholly authentic Nintendo-like design...

...Priceless!

Top Bottom