• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was inspired by GameTrailers and decided to make a little Final Bets: NeoGAF Edition. Rules are simple: Answer the questions below and see if you are right at the end of E3.

If a question asks how many, I want a number, people! I'm actually taking notes, here.

General Questions:

Which game will get the longest trailer? CoD: BLOPS III
Which game will get the longest on-stage demo? Battlefront EA
Who will have the longest conference? Sony
Who will appear the longest on stage during any of the conferences/presentations? Phil Spencer
Will a on-stage demo suffer from technical difficulties/glitches? Yes
How many games that has not been officially announced/revealed as of E3 will be announced/revealed (across all conferences/presentations)? 20
How many times will be the word “content” be said (across all conferences/presentations)? 35
How many Japanese games will be featured during the Sony Press Conference? 5
Will Nintendo reveal a game at the end of the Nintendo World Championships? No. Maybe just a hint
Will Phil Spencer wear a t-shirt featuring a logo of an old dead franchise during the Microsoft Press Conference? In some segments

Challenge Questions:

Will The Last Guardian appear during the Sony Press Conference?
No
Will Zelda Wii U get a trailer? No
Will RARE reveal a new game that is NOT Kinect focused? Yes

Bonus GameTrailers Question:

Who will win the Final Bets of E3 2015 between Kyle Bosman and Michael Huber?
Bosman

RexNovis

Banned
Titanfall 2 is a 2017 title. BF5 will be the 2016 shooter.

NfS most likely will release this year. Nov 2015 probably.

Do you have a source for these or any evidence? I'm just guessing based off what I know so far. So far I've but heard anything about concrete timelines for either title.

Do you have a source for these or any evidence? I'm just guessing based off what I know so far. So far I've but heard anything about concrete timelines for either title.

EAs financial call gave a lot away, weeks ago

Mirrors Edge 2 is a Q1 2016 game.

EAs Release schedule is very predictable now.

Nov 2015 = Battlefront and NfS
Q1 2016 (probably March 2016) = Mirrors Edge 2
Q1 2016 again = PvZGW2
October 2016 = Battlefield 5
March 2017 = Titanfall 2

and so on

RexNovis

Banned
There is nothing to see with a conference call... simply just use google. I dont have the time to search for it.

@delSai
Yep

Well there are usually notes written and made available to investors. But very well I'll look them up.

Edit: Found the released notes for the call and don't see mention of any timelines for the aforementioned titles. Guess I'll try to find a recording if the call if it exists somewhere.

Would a KH collection really be at E3 though? Seems more like a TGS or D23 thing.

Why not? KH is popular in the west.

KH3 was showcased first at E3 2013. So it reappearing at E3 again isn't going to be shocking.

Why do people seem to think MS / Sony or anyone will save RPG's and such like that for TGS. Never made sense to me. Especially for something as huge as FF or KH3 or whatever. Persona 5. Again Persona has a growing following in the west. If there is new footage available, it will be shown at E3.

Persona 5. Again Persona has a growing following in the west. If there is new footage available, it will be shown at E3.

I agree on KH/FF, but I disagree on stuff like Persona.

IMO, IPs like Persona/Monster Hunter/Dragon Quest/Tales/etc are still among the IPs that are entirely at the hands of the Japanese arm, and it's basically their discretion of how they want to reveal the game for their main Japanese audience first-and-foremost, and stuff like E3, whatever are a complete afterthought. A Persona Concert stream on NicoNico will be their priority to reveal more Persona footage rather than the biggest gaming trade show in the world.

I'm not saying that it won't be shown at E3, but if the Atlus Japan/Team Persona decides that they don't want to show a single footage of P5 all the way up till a month before release in Japan, then E3 will not somehow get a Persona 5 footage, simply because that's how it's decided in Japan.

Macrotus

Matsuyama CEO of CC tweeted 10 tweets celebrating the 10th anniversary of .hack
https://twitter.com/PIROSHI_CC2

Whats interesting is his 9th and 10 tweet.

https://twitter.com/PIROSHI_CC2/status/600218835552063488
今もたくさんの方から応援いただいてリメイクやHD版や新作・続編とたくさんのご意見・要望をいただくことが多い作品です。全てのメッセージは我々に届いてますし、キチンと受け止めています。
In his 9 tweet, he's mentioning about him looking through all of the message regarding requests of an HD version, sequel for the .hack series.

https://twitter.com/PIROSHI_CC2/status/600219486642307072
『届かない声なんて、きっとない』そう、信じて待っていてくださる皆さまの為にも。これからも頑張りますので。どうぞ、応援よろしくお願いします!以上、発表当時の思い出でした。
10th tweet he says, he's working hard for the people who believe that everyones voice gets to be heard.

So long story short, to me it looks like he hints about a HD version or a sequel for .hack.
And he mentions about .hack being first announced at E3 in his first few tweets.
So I'm guessing maybe something relevant to .hack being announced during E3???

This is a hunch btw.

Verendus

Banned
1. Gameplay trailers and normal trailers. The only thing that won't count is Conceptual Footage, because fuck that.
2. ANY games announced at E3 that was announced or revealed prior to the event.

And yes, Chobel, you're still in.
Okay, got it. Some tough questions.

General Questions:

Which game will get the longest trailer? Metal Gear Solid 5. I expect they'll release a longer trailer at some point.
Which game will get the longest on-stage demo? Halo 5. It's a huge game, and since there'll be talk of a special Halo bundle, we can add an extra 1-2 minutes. It seems like it would be a long segment.
Who will have the longest conference? Sony.
Who will appear the longest on stage during any of the conferences/presentations? This is the moment I realise I should've probably watched the Ubisoft conferences. I'll just go with Phil Spencer.
Will a on-stage demo suffer from technical difficulties/glitches? No. I balee.
How many games that has not been officially announced/revealed as of E3 will be announced/revealed (across all conferences/presentations)? I'll just go with 40.
How many times will be the word “content” be said (across all conferences/presentations)? 50. If I get two options, I will also choose 100.
How many Japanese games will be featured during the Sony Press Conference? I'll go with around 12.
Will Nintendo reveal a game at the end of the Nintendo World Championships? No.
Will Phil Spencer wear a t-shirt featuring a logo of an old dead franchise during the Microsoft Press Conference? No. Unless he changes shirts through the conference. This is a trick question. Too many variables.

Challenge Questions:

Sure, in 2115.
Will Zelda Wii U get a trailer? Yes. I want to balee.
Will RARE reveal a new game that is NOT Kinect focused? Yes.

I don't know what this is. But since Michael Huber sounds like a villain's name, I'll go with him.

Eolz

So I was inspired by GameTrailers and decided to make a little Final Bets: NeoGAF Edition. Rules are simple: Answer the questions below and see if you are right at the end of E3.

If a question asks how many, I want a number, people! I'm actually taking notes, here.

General Questions:

Which game will get the longest trailer? MGS V.
Which game will get the longest on-stage demo? An Ubisoft game or an EA one. I'll go with Battlefront.
Who will have the longest conference? Sony as usual is my guess.
Who will appear the longest on stage during any of the conferences/presentations? Ubisoft's presenter (Aisha Tyler, Mr Caffeine, etc)
Will a on-stage demo suffer from technical difficulties/glitches? Lol yes.
How many games that has not been officially announced/revealed as of E3 will be announced/revealed (across all conferences/presentations)? including indies, 29
How many times will be the word “content” be said (across all conferences/presentations)? 222
How many Japanese games will be featured during the Sony Press Conference? It's hard if you count indies and other small stuff. 11?
Will Nintendo reveal a game at the end of the Nintendo World Championships? No, but maybe DLC for something, or some similar stuff that isn't a game.
Will Phil Spencer wear a t-shirt featuring a logo of an old dead franchise during the Microsoft Press Conference? Of course.

Challenge Questions:

Lolno.
Will Zelda Wii U get a trailer? No, but we'll get info, screens and maybe a bit of gameplay footage.
Will RARE reveal a new game that is NOT Kinect focused? Yes.

Kyle! (but close call)

Here's my answers

Hi fellow GAFfers!
1st post as I finally had my account approved =D
As long as the new Mirror's Edge is there with gameplay I'll be extremely happy.

Baleoce

General Questions:

Which game will get the longest trailer? Fallout 4
Which game will get the longest on-stage demo? Fallout 4
Who will appear the longest on stage during any of the conferences/presentations? Aisha Tyler
Will a on-stage demo suffer from technical difficulties/glitches? Yes, Fallout 4
How many games that has not been officially announced/revealed as of E3 will be announced/revealed (across all conferences/presentations)? 45
How many times will be the word “content” be said (across all conferences/presentations)? 150
How many Japanese games will be featured during the Sony Press Conference? 10
Will Nintendo reveal a game at the end of the Nintendo World Championships? No
Will Phil Spencer wear a t-shirt featuring a logo of an old dead franchise during the Microsoft Press Conference? No

Challenge Questions:

No

Huber

I'll do this too, I see all.

Okay, got it. Some tough questions.

General Questions:

Which game will get the longest trailer? Star Wars Battlefront.
Which game will get the longest on-stage demo? Fallout 4
Who will have the longest conference? Sony easy
Who will appear the longest on stage during any of the conferences/presentations? Shawn Layden
Will a on-stage demo suffer from technical difficulties/glitches? Of course, that's half the fun of conferences
How many games that has not been officially announced/revealed as of E3 will be announced/revealed (across all conferences/presentations)? 13
How many times will be the word “content” be said (across all conferences/presentations)? 38
How many Japanese games will be featured during the Sony Press Conference? 5
Will Nintendo reveal a game at the end of the Nintendo World Championships? Yyyyessss?
Will Phil Spencer wear a t-shirt featuring a logo of an old dead franchise during the Microsoft Press Conference? At some point during the conference, yes

Challenge Questions:

No, safe money

I dunno, Bossman

PooBone

ibqP4IXYvxcfKN.gif

Looking at page 1 of this thread from just 3 months ago and this makes me sad.

Here we go. Nice idea! Thanks.

General Questions:

Which game will get the longest trailer? MGS 5
Which game will get the longest on-stage demo? Battlefront
Who will appear the longest on stage during any of the conferences/presentations? Spencer, Phil
How many games that has not been officially announced/revealed as of E3 will be announced/revealed (across all conferences/presentations)? 23
How many times will be the word “content” be said (across all conferences/presentations)?43
How many Japanese games will be featured during the Sony Press Conference?7
Will Nintendo reveal a game at the end of the Nintendo World Championships?No
Will Phil Spencer wear a t-shirt featuring a logo of an old dead franchise during the Microsoft Press Conference?No (It will be Halo)

Challenge Questions:

No (I am not investing any emotions in this no more)
Will Zelda Wii U get a trailer?Yes
Will RARE reveal a new game that is NOT Kinect focused?Yes

Huber

PooBone

BY2K said:

General Questions:

Which game will get the longest trailer? MGS Phantom Pain
Which game will get the longest on-stage demo? Star Wars Battlefront
Who will appear the longest on stage during any of the conferences/presentations? Phil Spencer
How many games that has not been officially announced/revealed as of E3 will be announced/revealed (across all conferences/presentations)? 24
How many times will be the word “content” be said (across all conferences/presentations)? 60
How many Japanese games will be featured during the Sony Press Conference? 4
Will Nintendo reveal a game at the end of the Nintendo World Championships? No. But how badass would a Super Mario Bros 4 unveil be? LOL
Will Phil Spencer wear a t-shirt featuring a logo of an old dead franchise during the Microsoft Press Conference? No

Challenge Questions:

Going out on a limb and saying Yes.

No clue.

First I've heard of this. I wonder how they're going to keep up with cycling AssCreed, Watch dogs, and potentially The Division and a new IP.

Annual :
- AssCreed
- Just Dance

Every 3 years:
- Far Cry
- The Division
- Watch Dogs
- New IP
- Random AAA IPs every now & then (The Crew, Rainbow Six, etc)

glaurung

Here are some predictions:
  1. Metal Gear Solid V trailer and game play demo will look 10x more epic than anything Black Ops III can deliver.
  2. Battlefront on-stage demo will be riddled with technical issues.
  3. People will start booing Microsoft as soon as it mentions Kinect.
  4. No new Front Mission game.
  5. No new Ace Combat game.
  6. No new Armored Core game.
  7. Your favorite brands being repackaged as shitty MOBAs.
  8. Scalebound disappoints.
  9. If Sony does show off Morpheus, it will be magical. It will also come with a new name and branding.

Hi fellow GAFfers!
1st post as I finally had my account approved =D
As long as the new Mirror's Edge is there with gameplay I'll be extremely happy.

Welcome to the mad house!

Leave all your common sense at the door.

I hope Mirrors Edge will wow me, I liked the aesthetic of the first one but never got around to playing it.

Ishan

There is nothing to see with a conference call... simply just use google. I dont have the time to search for it.

@delSai
Yep
Don't post inaccurate info . Titanfall 2 was states as within the financial year ending march 2017 . No where was it confirmed as a 2017 title . (The range is 2016 spring to 2017 spring etc)

General Questions:

Which game will get the longest trailer? MGS V
Which game will get the longest on-stage demo? Battlefront EA
Who will appear the longest on stage during any of the conferences/presentations? That chick from ubisoft's conference
How many games that has not been officially announced/revealed as of E3 will be announced/revealed (across all conferences/presentations)? 51
How many times will be the word “content” be said (across all conferences/presentations)? 43
How many Japanese games will be featured during the Sony Press Conference? 11
Will Nintendo reveal a game at the end of the Nintendo World Championships? No.
Will Phil Spencer wear a t-shirt featuring a logo of an old dead franchise during the Microsoft Press Conference? Yep

Challenge Questions:

Will The Last Guardian appear during the Sony Press Conference? NO

Who will win the Final Bets of E3 2015 between Kyle Bosman and Michael Huber? I don't know who these guys are but I'll go with Bosmab.

1. Gameplay trailers and normal trailers. The only thing that won't count is Conceptual Footage, because fuck that.
2. ANY games announced at E3 that was announced or revealed prior to the event.

And yes, Chobel, you're still in.

Are you saving everyone's picks so they can't go back and edit them?

Well there are usually notes written and made available to investors. But very well I'll look them up.

Edit: Found the released notes for the call and don't see mention of any timelines for the aforementioned titles. Guess I'll try to find a recording if the call if it exists somewhere.

You should listen to the financial call. Its always never in the notes.

Last years investors call revealed the BF5 release frame.

Don't post inaccurate info . Titanfall 2 was states as within the financial year ending march 2017 . No where was it confirmed as a 2017 title . (The range is 2016 spring to 2017 spring etc)

Where is that inaccurate? EA’s 2017 fiscal year starts on April 1, 2016 and runs until March 31, 2017. I dont see where titanfall would fit. I dont see it as a 2016 title.

EA wont release Titanfall 2 this fast. Next year is Battlefield 5 time again and probably a lot of Battlefront DLC. Mirrors Edge is going to release Q1 2016 too. There is not really much room left and Respawn should take their time with it.

sinxtanx

General Questions:

Which game will get the longest trailer? Watch_Dogs 2
Which game will get the longest on-stage demo? STAR WARS: Battlefront
Who will appear the longest on stage during any of the conferences/presentations? Adam Boyes
Will a on-stage demo suffer from technical difficulties/glitches? 4 times
How many games that has not been officially announced/revealed as of E3 will be announced/revealed (across all conferences/presentations)? 55
How many times will be the word “content” be said (across all conferences/presentations)? 30
How many Japanese games will be featured during the Sony Press Conference? 13
Will Nintendo reveal a game at the end of the Nintendo World Championships? Hell Yes
Will Phil Spencer wear a t-shirt featuring a logo of an old dead franchise during the Microsoft Press Conference? Affirmative

Challenge Questions:

Yes

Bosman

My stand is 100% accurate

Welfare

Where is that inaccurate? EA’s 2017 fiscal year starts on April 1, 2016 and runs until March 31, 2017. I dont see where titanfall would fit. I dont see it as a 2016 title.

EA wont release Titanfall 2 this fast. Next year is Battlefield 5 time again and probably a lot of Battlefront DLC. Mirrors Edge is going to release Q1 2016 too. There is not really much room left and Respawn should take their time with it.

Q1 of 2017? Titanfall was released in Q1 of 2014, so a 3 year dev cycle would be normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom