• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recore announced (Spring 2016, Armature and Inafune, Xbox One exclusive)

Doukou

Isn't Comcept working on this also, atleast he said so during the announcement.
Two develops, year announcement, no gameplay makes me really confused on what it is.

KooopaKid

Banned
CG trailer and releasing in early 2016, yeah not going to happen. Very interesting designs and concept though but they needed to show more to deliver. I'm not buying consoles on promises. Microsoft have a reputation of announcing games that never see the light of day.
Remember Matter for instance? Same kind of CG reveal with nothing happening afterwards.

rrc1594

Isn't Comcept working on this also, atleast he said so during the announcement.
Two develops, year announcement, no gameplay makes me really confused on what it is.

To me that has been my main problem with MS this Gen, they are showing us yes we have these games. Then just give us a name and that's it, you'll see when you see it.

pswii60

So intrigued by this, as a massive fan of the MP series too. I just can't believe it's coming out in Spring 2016 if they're not ready to show gameplay yet, something doesn't add up there. Although (unlike Sony) MS don't have a history of bullshitting about release dates, so perhaps I should give them more credit.
Microsoft have a reputation of announcing games that never see the light of day.

Not when they announce a solid release time-frame. MS is good at sticking to release dates.

blakep267

They'll probably show it at gamescom. Where it'll be able to get a proper demo, where as it's harder to devote a ton of time at e3.

I'm guessing we'll see more tomb raider, recore, scalebound, crackdown and QB at gamescom. It may be a better conference than e3

Kickz

This definitely my favorite new IP, in a week full of sequels this is always refreshing

tumblr_npzxo07ql11txj8weo2_500.gif

Kiyo

Surprised this isn't getting much attention. This was the highlight of Microsoft's conference for me and as an Xbox One owner, the only thing of their conference that I got really excited for (well, this and Sea of Thieves).

Surprised this isn't getting much attention. This was the highlight of Microsoft's conference for me and as an Xbox One owner, the only thing of their conference that I got really excited for (well, this and Sea of Thieves).

It's the lack of info that will keep this out of the limelight for most folk right now. Hopefully we more concrete details or actual gameplay at Gamescom

Azlan

Excited to see more of this. This, Sea of Pirates, and Horizon were probably the best new IP of the show thus far for me. Cool concept and design, but I hope it isn't too far off before we see gameplay.

Jotthah

Well I just had to make a new avatar.
Love this art style!

Here's some more, free to take:
dMk9bSH.jpg

may I take this one? :)

Game looks cool so far.
The pedigree behind it is promising and I hope MS has a keen eye on the development to straighten some things out.

A "What if she had a bug head"moment would be cool

rrc1594

It's the lack of info that will keep this out of the limelight for most folk right now. Hopefully we more concrete details or actual gameplay at Gamescom

Still my biggest issue with MS this Gen. The lack of Info they are giving us about their games. I'm hype because it's a action/adventure which MS doesn't have a lot of.

vypek

This is the Xbox game that interests me the most. Looking forward to more information which will most likely be at Gamescom

CGI trailer looked promising, but the really needed some gameplay. If I knew more about this I would have the potential to be just as hyped as I was for Horizon.

GHG

Need to know more about this game. The concept seems cool so hope they deliver something worthy of it.

Hagi

Well if they actually showed the game I think more people would care. The trailer paints an interesting concept but well that's all it does. With new IP I think it's important to show a little more than just a CG trailer.

I have been an FPS fan since Doom, and will continue to be one, but with all the doom and gloom, same looking trailers, this was a nice change of pace. Absolutely on my radar. Good going MS.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?

Maybe a lot of us aren't wooed by CGI trailers anymore. Concept looks cool, sure, but I'll reserve hype when I see in-game stuff going on. Till then this doesn't tell me much. Fresh of breath air when it comes to look and feel, though.

Apathy

Loved the trailer and the robot dog. Just weird that the girl panicked when it blew up when she can just move the core to another machine and he's alive again.

Also the last shot when the robot got he new body just reminded me of Alex and dog from half life 2

Looks like an interesting concept and certainly has some talented people behind it so it could certainly go places. Looking forward to seeing some gameplay of it.

It's nice to see some new IP from non-indie developers . Everything seems to be sequels. There was only really this and Sea of Thieves in the MS conference yesterday.

Jotthah

Loved the trailer and the robot dog. Just weird that the girl panicked when it blew up when she can just move the core to another machine and he's alive again.

Also the last shot when the robot got he new body just reminded me of Alex and dog from half life 2

If my cat blew up, I would be panicking too, even if there was a possibility to transfer its soul into a new body.
Which happens to be the size of a bear.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
I really don't see the point in revealing a new IP with a CGI trailer only. A sequel to a known game, ok, but not a new IP. Now when you look at Horizon, THAT is how you reveal an IP. For Recore noone even knows what it's about, just that it's coming one day. I don't get it.

Microsoft and their CG trailers again. I'm looking forward to seeing more of this, but if it doesn't show up at Gamescom then it isn't coming out by Spring 2016, no way.

We saw more of TLG and Horizon and those games are further out than this is supposed to be.

Microsoft and their CG trailers again. I'm looking forward to seeing more of this, but if it doesn't show up at Gamescom then it isn't coming out by Spring 2016, no way.

We saw more of TLG and Horizon and those games are further out than this is supposed to be.

Even Gears 4, a holiday 2016 title, got gameplay!

TLG was originally announced in 2009... a laughable comparison.

It should be obvious they announced it now for a Gamescom reveal given the date, even if it slips it will likely only be to summer.

Raide

Watching the live E3 stuff and they said Recore has been worked on for 14 months already.

SP focused but MP aspects not outright denied. Something to come in the next few months.

Quazar

Watching the live E3 stuff and they said Recore has been worked on for 14 months already.

SP focused but MP aspects not outright denied. Something to come in the next few months.

Gamescom. Should be great. Can't wait to see what else MS is cooking up.

Sydle

So it will have a good 2+ year dev cycle on it. Noice.

Really looking forward to see how this turns out.

Raide

Gamescom. Should be great. Can't wait to see what else MS is cooking up.

Nice.....

So it will have a good 2+ year dev cycle on it. Noice.

Really looking forward to see how this turns out.

What little they mentioned sounded interesting. Survival aspects, not being sure if there are any humans alive, using the core out of enemy bots to rebuilt and control your own bots. (Not sure if this hints at building bots and powering them up, or left to the designers to come up with things.

Combat was said to be fast paced.

When is Gamescom?

5-9th August. 5th is usually Press day.
They also mentioned that they wanted to do Recore figures. They had some paper cut0out ones on the desk but said they liked the idea of figures.

New gameplay details?

ReCore puts players in the shoes of Joule, one of the last humans on earth years after artificial superintelligence has wiped out most of the population. These robot overlords still roam the land, but they aren't all bad. The action-adventure game will have you meet and befriend several robot companions over the course of the story who will aid you in your quest to save humanity. A joint effort from Keiji Inafune and Armature Studios, the game hopes to marry " tried-and-true action-adventure gameplay with incredible visuals, a unique art style and an emotionally engaging story." In the debut trailer we see Joule upload her dog-like companion's consciousness into a new body, hinting at a gameplay feature and the multitude of different companions you'll meet along the way. Inafune and Armature, the creators of Metroid Prime, are combining their own rich histories in the industry to blend combat and exploration of the story's unique setting.

http://www.trueachievements.com/n20571/recore-shares-new-story-and-gameplay-details.htm

Sounds right up my alley.

Top Bottom