• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight On PC Is Not Very Good [UP: WB suspends future sales until fix]

Who is responsible for this mess of a port?

Results are only viewable after voting.

d00d3n

Report it as broken because there's no AO. There's the Dark Souls 2 lighting controversy and then there's this. The no AO stuff is a bummer but this is getting a touch melodramatic.

I was about to do this, but from what I can see the PC promotional material on Steam does not have AO or rain shader either. Smart of them to do this to avoid being accused of outright fraud, but devious as hell.

Nzyme32

I'd be very surprised if this game gets fixed on PC in a couple of weeks considering how the people in-charge PR is handling this don't have any legitimate answers for the problems we have.

I feel sad for those who bought it from 3rd party sites and can't get a refund.

How does the console version with a GTX 660 run 'well' and with better graphics than the Recommended Specs of a GTX 760 we'll never know.

That Mark Cerny Magic.

That's precisely why I said what I said. Again it's complete nonsense or fanboyism to declare that selling your PC and getting a PS4 and Batman is a viable worthwhile solution to the problem of a bad port

I was about to do this, but from what I can see the PC promotional material on Steam does not have AO or rain shader either. Smart of them to do this to avoid being accused of outright fraud, but devious as hell.

LOL , I think we need to read between the lines when it comes to PC games from now on.

That's precisely why I said what I said. Again it's complete nonsense or fanboyism to declare that selling your PC and getting a PS4 and Batman is a viable worthwhile solution to the problem of a bad port

It was Satire , but my hype for the game has gone down dramatically.

I had the PS4 Collector's Edition Preordered ages ago shipping from the US and I don't even feel like playing the game.

AxeMan

I can't think of a better way to get your account flagged for abusing the refund system and accomplishing nothing in the process.

Good work.

Technically they could still claim that as a sale in their numbers, so you'd just be helping them for PR purposes.

My tongue was firmly in my cheek.

But I don't see how I wouldn't get my refund. Buy game, play 30 minutes, get refund. Say the game wasn't up to scratch. Then it'll get added to the mounds of bad feedback

My tongue was firmly in my cheek.

But I don't see how I wouldn't get my refund. Buy game, play 30 minutes, get refund. Say the game wasn't up to scratch. Then it'll get added to the mounds of bad feedback

If you really want to do it , don't use your main Steam account.

Putosaure

I'm so pissed off and sad because I was so excited about playing this on PC.

Rocksteady fucked up. Iron Galaxy fucked up. WB fucked up. I fucked up because I pre-ordered retail version.

roytheone

Of course, but if I had to guess, Rocksteady is already hard at work on the dlc and just can't do it.

Also, if rocksteady where to take over the PC port, they would first need to read and understand the PC specific code iron galaxy already wrote. That takes time.

Does anyone know how long it'll take for the money to go back in my steam wallet from a refund?

I imagine with this influx of requests it might take a while. Also it might go straight to your payment source depending on what you used instead of going to your wallet.

danmaku

Looks like I won't be double dipping when I get a new PC later this year. Unless it's fixed by then. How can you fuck up a port of an unreal engine game on PC? Especially when current console have x86 CPUs and one of them is running a cut down version of Windows.

Mortal Kombat X port was fucked up too, and it's another UE game. Go figure.

The game is shit , plain and simple , honestly , I ran the game at 4k+AA on , the aliasing was still horrible. Now we know that we got the gimped version graphically , and it still runs like crap.

Grab a refund if you can and don't look back , I know people that tried to fix the game and ended up not being able to get a refund cause they spent more than 2hrs in the game.

I can't get a refund, it came with my 980 Ti.

If Nvidia wants to make it right, they should offer people who bought their video cards the free copy of The Witcher 3 that came with 900 series cards before the 980 Ti was launched.

If WB wants to make it right, first they fix the game and second they give me the stupid Harley Quinn DLC that everyon else got but Nvidia card buyers were screwed out of.

d00d3n

LOL , I think we need to read between the lines at PC gamers from now on.
*snip*

Additionally, a very large part of the PC store media seems to be promotional art. So, they are subtly admitting the major PC issues, but attempt to divert your attention with misleading promotional art. Of the two videos, one is mostly CGI and the other uses fast cuts which don't linger on the PC issues (but they are there if you pause the video and look closely).

This may be conspiracy theory crap, but it sure seems like the PR people who did the Steam store media were aware of the issues with missing effects and tried to hide this fact while staying clear of fraudulent advertising by the thinnest of margins.

Additionally, a very large part of the PC store media seems to be promotional art. So, they are subtly admitting the major PC issues, but attempt to divert your attention with misleading promotional art. Of the two videos, one is mostly CGI and the other uses fast cuts which don't linger on the PC issues (but they are there if you pause the video and look closely).

This may be conspiracy theory crap, but it sure seems like the PR people who did the Steam store media were aware of the issues with missing effects and tried to hide this fact while staying clear of fraudulent advertising by the thinnest of margins.

The fact that my 2000+$ setup makes a game look worse than a $400 Setup on Max settings , I'll believe any conspiracy theory at this point when it comes to this game.

I can't get a refund, it came with my 980 Ti.

If Nvidia wants to make it right, they should offer people who bought their video cards the free copy of The Witcher 3 that came with 900 series cards before the 980 Ti was launched.

If WB wants to make it right, first they fix the game and second they give me the stupid Harley Quinn DLC that everyon else got but Nvidia card buyers were screwed out of.

It's 10 minutes of absolutely nothing. A small combat with the same gear repackaged and Harley Letting Ivy out of a cell. It's the most pointless DLC I've ever played.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Still blown away by this situation. This really might be the worst PC port I've seen in years. They dropped the ball so hard.

I wonder if their unconventional use of UE3 is partially to blame. Arkham City had plenty of stuttering already and this is much worse. Trying to do an open world in UE3 with all these modern effects bolted on seems like trouble to me.

Putosaure

I wonder if their unconventional use of UE3 is partially to blame. Arkham City had plenty of stuttering already and this is much worse. Trying to do an open world in UE3 with all these modern effects bolted on seems like trouble to me.

They had it to run on PS4

tuxfool

Banned
Still blown away by this situation. This really might be the worst PC port I've seen in years. They dropped the ball so hard.

Arkham Origins was supposedly fine, while using the same engine. It wasn't developed by Rocksteady though.

Its just a shit port.

Facts : Game has a 30FPS default lock.

Game runs worse on Recommended specs than PS4.

Game Looks worse on any configuration compared to PS4.

Human_me

Wasn't that High Voltage Studio, who made the port? Another notably incompetent studio, that keeps getting contracts for some reason.

Its most likely because they are the cheapest bidder.

Why hire a elite more expensive company when you can just hire a cheap and inexperienced one.

I found this amusing in a gallows humour sort of way.

GXVIdUD.jpg

pa22word

Wasn't that High Voltage Studio, who made the port? Another notably incompetent studio, that keeps getting contracts for some reason.

Incompetence is not the same thing as cheap. If HVS were incompetent, pubs wouldn't be using them in the first place, and especially not repeatedly.

As another poster has pointed out, they are likely getting taken on constantly nowadays because they're offering pubs the lowest price on porting the game for them, which means it's on Warner entirely for taking a cheap HVS over a (probably) more expensive porting team like Nixxes, who due to the higher budget will have more money to do a good port.

gossi

It doesn't just look better on PS4 - the same visual effects not seen in the PC version are in the Xbox One version too.

Nabbis

And people wonder why some of us are so cynical towards the gaming industry...

Meh. The people who keep the hype train going and preordering crap have only themselves to blame.

Though the deepest levels of consumer hell are deserved for the people who are arguing in favor of this situation.

Special sauce.

Forgot to add , CLOUD.

Meh. The people who keep the hype train going and preordering crap have only themselves to blame.

Though the deepest levels of consumer hell are deserved for the people who are arguing in favor of this situation.

Its ok to be hyped , I've had great experiences being hyped for games , Red Alert 3 , Uncharted 2 .

Whats not OK is releasing shitty products. Only preorder when you are really really hyped. I feel bad for those people pre-ordering Fallout 4 , I'm sure that game will get fixed with Mods just like Skyrim , Unless Bethesda somehow changes their policy and releases a not so buggy game.

I am never buying a Warner PC game after this though.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
Also, if rocksteady where to take over the PC port, they would first need to read and understand the PC specific code iron galaxy already wrote. That takes time.

Eh, if their programming notes are as thorough as their INI notes, I wouldn't be too concerned. /s

UrbanRats

Incompetence is not the same thing as cheap. If HVS were incompetent, pubs wouldn't be using them in the first place, and especially not repeatedly.

As another poster has pointed out, they are likely getting taken on constantly nowadays because they're offering pubs the lowest price on porting the game for them, which means it's on Warner entirely for taking a cheap HVS over a (probably) more expensive porting team like Nixxes, who due to the higher budget will have more money to do a good port.

Yeah but if they indeed gave MKX to QLOC now to fix, they have to pay two teams, and in the process lost a ton of good will ( i didn't buy the game because of the shit port, for example, and will be much more weary of whatever WB puts out).

I'd say it wasn't worth it to go for the cheapest possible option.

KR_remix

Almost bought this game, if it wasn't for all the preorder bullshit being confusing. Also everyone in the performance thread pointing out issues helped me to resist picking it up day 1. Does WB farm out all their pc ports? I know MKX was problematic.

So was this the reason for the delay from 2014 to 2015?

Kotaku Link

The game's creators, playing on a PC build, appeared to be able to glide and drive through large sections of it at will. There were framerate hitches, which is common in unfinished games. Those seemed to be getting resolved when we saw the game again in May. But Rocksteady apparently needs more time.

Was Rocksteady actively working on the PC version at the time of the delay perhaps? Then Iron Galaxy Studios jumped in to help them out?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I crashed 3 seconds into taking control of Batman with the error log with a ton of text. Someone else posted it. I can't even run the game on my rig.

16gb memory
SLI G1 970's

Top Bottom