• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One adds Xbox 360 backwards compatibility

Stevey

Getting this message when I try to play Gears of War in the UK now.

Installation is almost done.

If you have a game disc, insert it now. If this is installing from the Xbox Store, the person who purchased it needs to sign in with the profile they used at purchase.

The disc is obviously in, and it's the same profile I had when I played it originally.
Any ideas?

Getting this message when I try to play Gears of War in the UK now.

The disc is obviously in, and it's the same profile I had when I played it originally.
Any ideas?

i'm booting mine up ok but the xbox has been on all day without a power down, so i might still have whatever you need to get it running.

Stevey

online files, online checks, whatever shit the xbox does.

look at shadow complex last night, it would not launch for two hours because the online license server was down for a while. It came up with the same message.

Ok, cool, I'll try it again tomorrow

clav

Whilst it'd be really cool to get original Xbox games running too, the 360 emulation of those was a mixed bag at best. I can't imagine sticking an extra layer of emulation on top would do them any favours.

There's one OG Xbox game running in that Rare collection.

For people who wonder why BC isn't available to the general public now, this is probably why.

Shadow Complex also has some framerate issues as well.

Still amazing that the engineers were able to pull this off considering the architecture difference.

You can transfer 360 saves via Cloud, right? How do you do that? I've never used Cloud before.

How do I transfer my 360 saves from my 360 HD to Cloud, and then retrieve them onto my XB1 HD?

mike4001_

You can transfer 360 saves via Cloud, right? How do you do that? I've never used Cloud before.

How do I transfer my 360 saves from my 360 HD to Cloud, and then retrieve them onto my XB1 HD?

Boot up your xbox 360, go to settings and select your harddrive. Look for the game and hit start and you should have the option to move the savegame to the cloud.

You know, I was thinking. Since the 360 BC is them packaging the games within their own VM... I wonder how easy it would be for them to bring 360 BC to PC.

Basketball

Yz7Hjd7.jpg

Assassins Creed Revelations
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfare 2
Risen
A Kingdom for Kefflings
A World of Keflings
Alien Hominid HD
Risen 2
Tom Clancy ENDWAR
Battleblock Theater
Bioshock
Borderlands
Call of Juarez Gunslinger
Assassins Creed Brotherhood
Civilization Revolution
Dead Space
Disney Universe
Dynasty Warriors 8
Bioshock Infinite
Fallout 3
Forza 3
Trials HD
Gears of War
Halo 3: ODST
Need for Speed: Most Wanted (Guess)
Splinter Cell Double Agent
Kameo: Elements of Power
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
Assassins Creed
Mass Effect
Forza 4
Clash of Heroes HD
Sacred 2
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise
Rayman Origins
Pac-Man CEDX
Forza Horizon
Halo Anniversary
Rainbow Six Vegas
Rayman Legends
Sacred 3
Shadow Complex
Shoot Many Robots
Sonic Adventure 2
Splinter Cell Blacklist
Super Meat Boy
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfare
Toy Story 3
???
???

not a complete list

Nairume

Banned
Well dang, I specifically sold my copy of Sacred 2 because I didn't think it was going to make it.

I guess that bodes well for more obscure titles.

Naked Lunch

I still cant get over how cool this feature is. Shadow Complex just popped up on my games list. Download and its playable. Really rad that its all digitally connected. I thought we were forever going to be rebuying games over next generations.

Gears tracks your progress via achievements. So even if you don't have your save in the cloud you will still be able to load any unlocked level with just your profile. A nice little bonus form of cloud saving.

I booted it and went to the power station level. Probably a bad test case for performance as there aren't many enemies on screen. It ran as well as I remember the game running on a 360. Looked great, too.

If they can keep improving the performance of this emulator and maintain the vsync then I will be so happy.

Bizzquik

The mass effect update doesn't seem to change anything obvious, framerate still suffers hugely in battles and busy areas.

I think you're right.

Microsoft released notes on the mostly behind-the-scenes first August preview update and Mass Effect was obliquely referenced in a way that seemed like it had nothing to do with anything...right? I kind of remember being really happy and then really nonplussed in a span of two sentences.

Boot up your xbox 360, go to settings and select your harddrive. Look for the game and hit start and you should have the option to move the savegame to the cloud.

Thanks, but what do I then do on XB1 to move it from Cloud to the XB1 harddrive?

EDIT: Ah, I see that simply starting up the game syncs it. Does syncing actually download the save to the HD for future use? Or will it need to sync every time?

dmix90

Just played some gears. Game looks darker than on 360 ( hello crushed blacks again? ) and has a verrry bad performance in busy areas. Noticed some graphical artifacts and input lag ( probably because performance is overall worse and gamepad is different ). Still beta though so i hope it will get better. Funny that all screenshots and videos are captured with proper RGB levels. Will you ever fix that shit Microsoft? Sigh...

gears 1 always had some deep blacks going on, check the game options and you can change the screen filtering as well as brightness, I personally put brightness up one notch and set the screen to vibrant which stops everything looking so dingy.

I know the game should be balanced first time around but I don't remember how it looked as default on 360, is your xbox one set to full or partal in the screen settings?

EBE

gears 1 always had some deep blacks going on, check the game options and you can change the screen filtering as well as brightness, I personally put brightness up one notch and set the screen to vibrant which stops everything looking so dingy.
I know the game should be balanced first time around but I don't remember how it looked as default on 360, is your xbox one set to full or partal in the screen settings?

what do video profiles even do? lucid, soft, vibrant, etc..

Bossniak

Is Gears up for everyone? When I put in my Gears 1 Disc in it just says eject disc and try again because its not a Xbox 1 game. And Yes I am a preview member, Shadow Complex I see.

OrangeOak

Gears 1 multiplayer is playable but it could be much better. Framerate is pretty stable but it feels like it is running constantly at around 25fps max.
I am really curious if they will manage to improve it at least a little.
It is impressive that we have that feature working like this at all though and I love it.

kingwingin

Been playing gears all day and I can't shake that feeling of input lag. Also the cutscenes get funky at times with people and textures flickering

I can't wait to have all gears on my xbox one!

dmix90

Just compared game running on 360 and on X1 side by side with the same default in-game settings. Both consoles output in limited(16-235) or tv mode and tv set to limited too. Probably worst comparison ever but here it is.... left is 360 and right is x1 ->

Top Bottom