• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One adds Xbox 360 backwards compatibility

Really hoping for DOOM and DOOM II. I'm sure they'll release but I'm hoping for them to come at least around when the new DOOM releases.

Yeah, those are the two games I'm really hoping for.

I gave Shadow Complex a shot last night and the controls seemed really sluggish for me. Was it always like that, or did Ori and the Blind Forest spoil it for me?

The Flash

Banned
For Retail 360 games, do you have to install the game to the HDD or is it optional like it was on 360?

When you put in a retail disc it downloads the game from a XBL server to the hdd. You'll still need to keep the disc in for authentication when playing that game.

I-hate-u

In case not seen

Someone grabbed this at the end of the gamescom BC video

Yz7Hjd7.jpg

Sigh, give us Marvel 3, Xbox.

Does anyone else feel like the aiming sensitivity feels too slow? I have tried Perfect Dark Zero and Gears of War with maxed out sensitivities and they still feel very slow. It's odd.

mike4001_

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

You have to know that you don´t just download the game but also the additional data like the Xbox 360 OS and some emulation stuff.

But they probably could somehow only download this stuff from the internet and then copy the rest of the data from disc.

But to be honest => Why make it more complicated than it has to be => Just download the whole thing. It can be max. 8-9 GB.

Eanan

I don't wanna know how many versions of games are out there with small differences not to mention all the different regions.
By doing disc authentication plus a download they can ensure everyone gets the same game.

How does it work though for PAL/NTSC games and different language games such as the COD series, or do we know yet.

mike4001_

How does it work though for PAL/NTSC games and different language games such as the COD series, or do we know yet.

I believe each region is getting "their" game. Exactly as it has been for Xbox 360.

So if there are 10 different versions out there (differs in language, ...), MS would have to package all 10 games and upload it to their respective stores.

im_dany

You just give the right language checking the language of the console. If the console is set as US, you download the english NTSC version. If the console is set as french, you download the french PAL version.

Wonder how they're coming along on Multi-disc games.

C'mon, need my Lost Odyssey!

I wonder how that'll work. I'm assuming that if you have the disc version you just need the first disc in the tray?

So how many games have they added so far? I'm waiting for dragons dogma to hopefully eventually make the cut

we have many officially confirmed to come (like the Gears games) and confirmation from MS that future GwG 360 games will be BC. As of right now, it's about 20ish games that work with a varying degree of performance for the titles

Gurrry

In case not seen

Yz7Hjd7.jpg

I wonder if were getting borderlands 1

All kidding aside though, they mentioned EA being one of the main supporters of BC. So please, MS.. EA... PUT NCAA 14 ON THE LIST!!!

If they dont, this whole thing is a huge bummer for me personally.

I wonder if were getting borderlands 1

All kidding aside though, they mentioned EA being one of the main supporters of BC. So please, MS.. EA... PUT NCAA 14 ON THE LIST!!!

If they dont, this whole thing is a huge bummer for me personally.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are some licensing issues regarding music and such in these sports games.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Give me that, Generations, ans SaASRT and we will be set for life.

fuck no we won't what are you talking about oh my god
you are banned

XBLA:
Sega Vintage Collection: Streets of Rage
Sega Vintage Collection: Golden Axe
Sega Vintage Collection: Monster World
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
Virtua Fighter 2 / Fighting Vipers
Daytona USA
Space Channel 5 pt 2
Virtual On Oratorio Tangram
Jet Set Radio HD
After Burner Climax

Games on Demand:
Resonance of Fate
Anarchy Reigns
Condemned
Bayonetta
Vanquish
Binary Domain
Alpha Protocol

In case not seen

Yz7Hjd7.jpg

I found a pic of that without the duplicate games.

I knew they showed more games than what was released on the compatibility list

BCWallDupesRemoved610.jpg

The List is :

Bioshock Infinite
Fallout 3
Alien Hominid HD
Borderlands
Mass Effect
Forza Horizon 2
GRAW 2
Splinter Cell Double Agent
Looks like Crackdown?
Rayman Legends / Origins
Civ Rev
Ass Creed 1
Pac Man Championship
Sonic Adventure 2
Battle Block Theater
Bioshock 1
EndWar
Splintr Cell Blacklist
Risen 2
Call of Juarez Gunslinger
Dead Space
Might & Magic
R6 Vegas
Toy Story 3
Most 1st party titles....

Makes me want to get an Xbox One, can play all the great 360 games and exclusives!!!

im_dany

fuck no we won't what are you talking about oh my god
you are banned

XBLA:
Sega Vintage Collection: Streets of Rage
Sega Vintage Collection: Golden Axe
Sega Vintage Collection: Monster World
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
Virtua Fighter 2 / Fighting Vipers
Daytona USA
Space Channel 5 pt 2
Virtual On Oratorio Tangram
Jet Set Radio HD
After Burner Climax

Games on Demand:
Resonance of Fate
Anarchy Reigns
Condemned
Bayonetta
Vanquish
Binary Domain
Alpha Protocol

Where is Outrun?
No list is good enough without Outrun.. Ferrari pls :(

Cday

Banned
Has anyone tried to use system link with an Xbox One and 360? Was thinking about trying it with PDZ, but I don't want to bother putting it together if it doesn't work.

Springy

Yea not being able to steal games is the dumbest shit ever

Misinterpreting his response as being disappointment concerning not being able to play games without a disc instead of not being able to play games directly from the disc is a close second in the Dumbest Shit category.

Outrun got delisted

Even though Outrun is delisted from purchasing, you can re-download it as much as you like. So if Microsoft were just letting you redownload the existing .iso on your Xbox, just like a second 360, then we'd be all good to redownload it.

But since Microsoft has to actually repackage the .iso along with the Xbox One emulation profile info, is it a "new" version of the game? Or can they make those modifications and allow existing owners to re-download the game on their Xbox One?

I'm no lawyer and I can't begin to guess Sega and Ferrari's legal position on this. They wouldn't be selling anything, so maybe it's okay?

SimonM7

But since Microsoft has to actually repackage the .iso along with the Xbox One emulation profile info, is it a "new" version of the game? Or can they make those modifications and allow existing owners to re-download the game on their Xbox One?

I'm no lawyer and I can't begin to guess Sega and Ferrari's legal position on this. They wouldn't be selling anything, so maybe it's okay?

I'm assuming as soon as we see one game with a licensed soundtrack on there, we've confirmation that no legal shenanigans have to happen. I don't think anyone wants to go through the trouble of licensing songs again just to reissue a game they think they can't sell.

At the rate they're giving away bc titles with pre-orders, they certainly don't seem to have much faith in it as a revenue stream.

Justinh

Wonder how they're coming along on Multi-disc games.

C'mon, need my Lost Odyssey!

Phil Spencer did say that Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon were important games to get running to him, and that they're trying to figure out how to do multidisc games. I'm just hoping it's sooner rather than later.

LQX

would be amazing if they added original Xbox enulation.

Ugh, just yesterday I was thinking of Crimson Skies after playing Grabbed By the Ghoulies on Rare Replay and thinking to myself it would be awesome if MS brought all their first party games on the original XBox like Rally Sport to XB1 in the same fashion.

Phil Spencer did say that Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon were important games to get running to him, and that they're trying to figure out how to do multidisc games. I'm just hoping it's sooner rather than later.

Yep, someone was kind enough to link that video a while back, so nice to know it's being actively worked on. Just wish we had some sort of progress update. xP

nemisis0

Yep, someone was kind enough to link that video a while back, so nice to know it's being actively worked on. Just wish we had some sort of progress update. xP

Hoping infinite undiscovery and Magna carta 2 also make it since they are also exclusive to the xbox 360.

Top Bottom