• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I think my apartment may be haunted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was a regular ghost OP is probably fine but if it was a demon it may have followed him/her to his/her parent's house. Who knows what kind of havoc it may be wreaking.

Log4Girlz

looks like OP hasn't logged into gaf for over 2 weeks

Zc91u3P.jpg

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe hes stuck in that abandoned house went all mirrors style

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Does someone want to call the police? I can't because I don't live in America. I'm assuming that's where OP lives
lived

This always sounded like a breaking and entering situation to me, not a haunting, so the fact that the OP hasn't even logged in for over a month is a tad disturbing. It might honestly be time for Detective GAF to get involved here and make sure the OP is truly okay.

Rivitur

Banned
This always sounded like a breaking and entering situation to me, not a haunting, so the fact that the OP hasn't even logged in for over a month is a tad disturbing. It might honestly be time for Detective GAF to get involved here and make sure the OP is truly okay.
Besaid he had moved out or at least was going to move out.

JoeNut

the only conclusion to him not being on GAF is death.

just like the only conclusion to ketchup on the walls is ghosts

RIP

Mendrox

I mean it's really strange after this that he hasn't logged in into GAF for a month, right? I mean everybody logs in at least once a week.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I mean it's really strange after this that he hasn't logged in into GAF for a month, right?

Well, if you look at his history he logged in and posted daily for as far back as I can tell up until the 4th of July. After the fourth not a single post. So yeah, it's odd for sure.

DirtyLarry

When I went to art school we were as most all art colleges required to take some elective courses that were "regular" courses.

The course entitled "Modern Physics For The Artist" sounded interesting to me, so I enrolled in it. We are assigned Stephen Hawking's "A Brief History of Time" and the professor assured us that although we would possibly not understand most of what we were reading, he would try his best to explain it all in a way that as Artists we should understand.

A few weeks later as we were talking about the Space-Time Continuum, he shared with us that there were a few physicists out there who believed that ghosts were actually people who had "carved" themselves a unique position on the Continuum itself. That these were usually people who had a very set routine in life and because they did the same things at the same time of day for years and years upon end, that they wound up "burning" their spirits into Time itself. That there was a well documented story of a man who owned a newspaper stand just outside of Penn Station in NYC who after his death, multiple people reported seeing him behind the news stand at the same time of day every day.

So yeah, while I am not sure about the existence of ghosts myself, I thought it was an interesting take on them and a way to try and use science to explain why they might in fact exist.

Trigker

When I went to art school we were as most all art colleges required to take some elective courses that were "regular" courses.

The course entitled "Modern Physics For The Artist" sounded interesting to me, so I enrolled in it. We are assigned Stephen Hawking's "A Brief History of Time" and the professor assured us that although we would possibly not understand most of what we were reading, he would try his best to explain it all in a way that as Artists we should understand.

A few weeks later as we were talking about the Space-Time Continuum, he shared with us that there were a few physicists out there who believed that ghosts were actually people who had "carved" themselves a unique position on the Continuum itself. That these were usually people who had a very set routine in life and because they did the same things at the same time of day for years and years upon end, that they wound up "burning" their spirits into Time itself. That there was a well documented story of a man who owned a newspaper stand just outside of Penn Station in NYC who after his death, multiple people reported seeing him behind the news stand at the same time of day every day.

So yeah, while I am not sure about the existence of ghosts myself, I thought it was an interesting take on them and a way to try and use science to explain why they might in fact exist.

Why did you do it?
I can't unread this.

Kurdel

Banned

It's a fun way of thinking of it, but it still means ghosts would be visible to the naked eye and could easily be photographed.

Also, think of factories where people work for 30 years in the same spot. Don't you think we would see tens of thousands od these cases, and proof to support them?

DirtyLarry

Why did you do it?
I can't unread this.
Imagine hearing these types of things and at the same time also experimenting with magic mushrooms and liquid acid. It truly was a great class!!

It's a fun way of thinking of it, but it still means ghosts would be visible to the naked eye and could easily be photographed.

Also, think of factories where people work for 30 years in the same spot. Don't you think we would see tens of thousands of these cases, and proof to support them?
It is a decent counter argument, but we are also talking 4th dimension type shit here. So the easiest rebuttal to this would be to say that both a camera and the human eye are simply usually not able to see them. However for some reason, at certain times, certain people could see them. People "more in tune."

The same professor also said certain physicists had a theory that Deja Vu was simply just time space continuum line folding over itself super quick. So that feeling of being somewhere before was because your future self at one point in the past folded over your current self's timeline.

Truth be told my man could have easily just been a total nut job, but he stated on the very first day his main goal was to make us view the world and our place in time differently than before we started his class. He definitely succeeded there.

That would explain why so many ghosts are seen lying in bed, sleeping. Given that's probably the single activity that takes up the largest share of a person's time.

VoxPop

Just wanted to share a story. I'm not really into the whole ghost thing but we've been enjoying these string of events. My girlfriend's cousins have had a ton of paranormal shit go on in their house. Their grandmother used to do some real Witch doctor shit during her last years alive. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

When she passed away my girl went into her grandmother's old room for whatever reason and the drawers started slamming open and shut. She naturally freaked out and ran outta there. The TV in the room would also turn on and off for no reason.

They gave all her stuff away to the Father (my girls uncle who is divorced) and he would tell us about the same slamming drawers. The room was also uncomfortably cold for no reason as well.

Her aunt also told us about instances where she would hear kids running around and playing when no one was home.

Her cousin one day saw a child looking back up at him when he looked down the stairs.

One day they heard banging in their garage in the middle of the night. They went down and saw nothing but a carving on the concrete floor with the letters MY. We went over to chill one day and the story randomly came up. So we went to the garage to check it out. Now the rest of it was carved in saying MYNOR. We were just like what the fuck. We even tried carving something ourselves with some metal rod but it was impossible to even carve out a letter.

Recently her other cousin (old brother) said he had a nightmare about kids in his room and he woke up with scratches and random bruises all over his body and face.

There were a couple of more instances but I don't remember them. They're totally normal people and have zero reason to lie about that stuff.

They're looking to get some kinda exorcism type thing done sometime soon. Can't wait Lmao.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Imagine hearing these types of things and at the same time also experimenting with magic mushrooms and liquid acid. It truly was a great class!!

It is a decent counter argument, but we are also talking 4th dimension type shit here. So the easiest rebuttal to this would be to say that both a camera and the human eye are simply usually not able to see them. However for some reason, at certain times, certain people could see them. People "more in tune."

The same professor also said certain physicists had a theory that Deja Vu was simply just time space continuum line folding over itself super quick. So that feeling of being somewhere before was because your future self at one point in the past folded over your current self's timeline.

Truth be told my man could have easily just been a total nut job, but he stated on the very first day his main goal was to make us view the world and our place in time differently than before we started his class. He definitely succeeded there.

This is all some of the worst imaginable non-science I have ever read. Your professor should be barred from filling impressionable students' heads with such nonsense.

Toro

Banned
Does anyone remember the story (if I remember correctly, it was even someone from Neogaf) of the kid, which saw all these small holes in the walls of his room. And after all is said and done, it was a man, hiding behind the walls, stalking the kid. He died behind the walls and the parents found him.

If there is a ghost make the fucker pay partial rent. I'm serious too. I don't believe in ghost but sometimes shit goes on in this world that's not explainable.

Talk with your landlord and tell him what's up. He may be able to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom