• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

zigg

Glad I bought my Kirby when Rainbow Curse was coming out. I wanted one just because, and the powerup came in handy a few times 😊

Josh5890

Yoshi's Woolly World and Super Mario Maker will NOT get their amiibo bundles in the US, don't know why.

As for Chibi Robo, the amiibo bundle for that game is coming to the US, but it is the ONLY way to get said amiibo, there will be no standalone release of Chibi Robo amiibos.

Has anyone been able to pre-order the Chibi Robo amiibo bundle at Gamestop?

Today I finally gave in and bought an Amiibo, hopefully thats the last one I buy.

NKRddSb.gif

Tomita

Josh5890

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer BUNDLE with the 3DS amiibo reader is available for preorder now on Amazon!

Been waiting for it to go on preorder forever. Sorry if you guys all knew this and I was a dumbass, but I've been watching this link for weeks and it never updated, but for some reason the other link works?? Whatever, don't question the Amazon/Amiibo gods I guess.

After preordering The Legend of Legacy for the preorder bonuses and now this my wallet is like WHHHHHY at me, oops.

I thought Happy Hme Designer was free. Or is that the Amiibo Party game?

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer BUNDLE with the 3DS amiibo reader is available for preorder now on Amazon!

Been waiting for it to go on preorder forever. Sorry if you guys all knew this and I was a dumbass, but I've been watching this link for weeks and it never updated, but for some reason the other link works?? Whatever, don't question the Amazon/Amiibo gods I guess.

After preordering The Legend of Legacy for the preorder bonuses and now this my wallet is like WHHHHHY at me, oops.

Done and done. Excited to have the NFC reader.

Gameboy415

I'm not sure if it's a universal promotion, but I noticed a '$10 off $50 purchase' coupon code set to expire today (8/23) got added to my eBay account.

I just used it to order a set of JP-versions of Olimar, Bowser Jr, and Dr Mario for $42.99 shipped! :D

Again, I'm not sure if coupon codes were sent out to everyone, but it might be worth checking your account just in case!
(The code appeared at the bottom of my 'My eBay' page or on listings when I viewed any item over $50, for reference.)

ChrisD

Where were you the first 5/6 months lol, Kirby went rare in like may I think
Pikachu got a second/updated print too , why can't the others

NoA still playing us like a fiddle
Peach first prints will be most rare in the end ;)

Sorry for late-ish reply.

I was putting off buying Kirby because he was super simple, and I thought it was more "frugal-minded" to buy the more complex characters first. $13 for a blob seemed silly as an early purchase. That and I figured he'd never go out of stock. Saw entire shelves of him.

After I got all the FE characters, Jigglypuff, and Splatoon 3-Pack, I figured that Kirby finally made sense to get, as the complex characters I wanted most were now picked up. Then I realized that I hadn't seen Kirby in about a month.

Peach is totally going to be rare in the most ironic way possible, but I don't even care because I don't like Peach.

Edit: Oh wow, I didn't even notice but thinking about it I haven't seen Samus in a long time, either! Thankfully I got her already, she was one of my first. Foresight in some capacity! =D

Tomita

Yeah besides a few reps at E3, nothing was really ever said about it. Which is why it baffles me why they are charging a game+3 Amiibo for $60.

My impression was that it was "free to play" but you don't get the full experience unless you purchase more. And by buying the retail game + amiibo, you are getting the full game. But yeah, we can't say for sure until they tell us more. It's pretty screwy not to be clear on this sort of thing, especially if it's only partly free to play like I suspect.

Tons of release dates and info confirmed.

- Modern 8-Bit Mario as of now only confirmed to be part of a Mario Maker Wii U Bundle exclusive to Walmart. Hopefully will get a separate release.

- Mii Fighter 3-Pack Launching November 1

- Mewtwo Launches November 13th

- Falco launches November 20th (As expected, day-and-date with Star Fox Zero, which is confirmed to have amiibo support. Also, LOL at a DLC amiibo coming out before Falco.)

- Wooly World Green Yoshi bundle announced, Green Yoshi will be exclusive to the bundle (hopefully timed). Pink and Blue sold separately for MSRP $16.99, both day-and-date with the game on October 16.

- Mega Yoshi releases November 15th for MSRP $39.99.

Get to work, Diggeh!

CNLZVk7WoAA7CR7.jpg

backlot

The Animal Crossing triple pack is making me afraid that certain amiibo will be triple pack exclusive in the US. If they don't sell stand alone K.K. in the US I'm gonna be upset.

The Animal Crossing triple pack is making me afraid that certain amiibo will be triple pack exclusive in the US. If they don't sell stand alone K.K. in the US I'm gonna be upset.

Well this is the very first triple pack in europe, and all that are in it are available separately.

Most likely it will be similar to the splatoon triple pack (which was not an exclusive)

bumpkin

Well this is the very first triple pack in europe, and all that are in it are available separately.

Most likely it will be similar to the splatoon triple pack (which was not an exclusive)
Hopefully you're right. I want KK Slider, but don't give a crap about the other two in the 3-pack shown.

::kicks can::
If you have a Tenso account and import stuff from Amazon Japan, they have the modern color Mario 30th amiibo up for preorder. It looks like it's through a third party seller and going for about $23 USD.

Lots of great news here, but $40 for a much-bigger, amiibo plush?

Sheesh!

Also not really fond of Modern 8-bit Mario being only available in the Super Mario Maker Wii U bundle, so also hoping that it gets a separate release down the line as well.

Guess I will consider grabbing the Yoshi's Wooly World amiibo bundle.

HardRojo

Fuck. I seriously hope Tripack exclusivity doesn't become a trend, but it's NoA so they'll most likely do their worst...
Also, good to finally have dates on Mewtwo and Falco. I wonder how they'll handle pre-orders for Modern Mario here in Peru, they've been taking pre-orders for over a month now as if it were to come out standalone. Maybe it will lol, I should pre-order just in case.

And in comes Serebii Joe with pack art

Confirmed. Now when are you gonna create an amiibo site?

Actually kind of surprised that they're doing a three pack with the AC guys. Skylanders has quite a few 3 packs and its a great way to get a character you might have a hard time getting in a single pack (plus, maybe you're interested in 2 of the 3 characters, and you're kind of getting an extra one.

I'd really like them to drop the price point for 3 packs down to $29.99 and for them to come out with 3 packs...like smash for instance. Do one with Mario, Pikachu and Pit and watch them fly off the shelves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom