• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I have never eaten at Taco Bell before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deft Beck

I always grew up avoiding them, for some reason. Always gravitated more towards the burger places.

So, what's good there? Or, should I just keep up my streak?

slit

If you live in the U.S., I don't know how that's possible.

You must be some sort of freak of nature!

Kas

Do it. I work at one, and we have decent food.

Get a ghost pepper griller. It's the best laxitive ever.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
First time I visited the US, I went to a Taco Bell. A friend at home had told me that I just had to try that.

I was ... disappointed.

3phemeral

I always have to get a caramel apple empanada. Always.

Avoid this Cap'N Crunch balls:

d7cvJv

I just had these and while I sometimes like disgusting things, I just couldn't get myself to like these. The Cap'n Crunch coating is pointless since the flavor is almost imperceptible. On top of that, there's so much oil it's absorbed that there's no crunch - and that's after having it fresh out of the bag. I'd call it more oil-soaked birthday cake holes. The cream-filled center doesn't last too long, as you can see in the pic I took maybe 10 minutes later. It gets readily absorbed and infused into its surroundings.

Chicken Quesadilla + Sriracha = Heavenly.

3 taco combo - Fresco style. 2 packets of hot sauce on each.
For less expensive fast food it's not that bad - don't let the incoming "I gets the diarrheas from thar!" posts dissuade you.

It's all amazing. You can't go wrong.

This is anecdotal but I've never gotten sick from Taco Bell. Can't say the same about Chipotle.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Chalupas are good. Nachos are good. Most of it's pretty good, but avoid anything with a mayonnaise based sauce. It always goes on hot food, and since it's so cheap it tastes really disgusting when it gets heated up.

Fury451

Banned
Doritos Taco or Chicken/Steak Quesadilla.

And nothing else. Or just keep your streak, you're really not missing all that much.

When I go, I usually get one of these 4:

Supreme Soft Taco
Nachos Bell Grande
Taco Salad
Crunchwrap Supreme

I recommend you start with the Cinnamon Twists.
Also make sure the employees wear gloves. Out of the two locations closest to me, only one has employees that wear gloves. Not sure how the other one gets away with it. They may have changed since I've last set foot in there, but I don't want to take any chances.

Tagyhag

Nothing crazy, but it's cheap filling food.

Personally I'd recommend the Beefy Fritos Burrito ($1 and honestly one is enough to fill you up) and the chicken quesadilla.

Pastry

Banned
Neither have I, but I live in San Antonio so I could go a mile in any direction and run into 5 great Mexican restaurants.

Avoid this Cap'N Crunch balls:

d7cvJv

A friend and I went to Taco Bell fully expecting these things to be a disaster. We ended up devouring them. I don't know if we lucked out and got a "good batch" but those things were really good. The regular Cinnabon ones are superior, though.

GavinGT

Banned
Avoid the burrito supreme. Get chips and guacamole to fill in that gap of not having french fries with your meal.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Are you eating there for the first time? Get ready for a baja blast in about 6-12 hours, if you catch my drift.

Quesarito Big Box. Loaded Griller Big Box.

$5 for:
Quesarito, Dorito's Taco, Crunchy Taco and Drink
or
Loaded Griller, Burrito Supreme, Crunch Taco and Drink

Valnen

Double Decker Taco. Substitute the ground beef for the shredded chicken. This will make it slightly pricey, but the result is pretty tasty.

-MD-

I've only tried like 5% of their menu but I like the 5-layer burritos myself, I always get 2-3 of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom