• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I have never eaten at Taco Bell before

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaiages

Banned
I really like the Quesaritos, personally. It's decent food for the price, but honestly you're not missing too much. I prefer burger joints for my fast food as well. Whether or not you have terrible shits depends on your Mexican food tolerance, though (I think it only happened to me once out of all the times I've eaten there?), I'm not really sure why some people go crazy about the whole "oh god i'm shitting everywhere" thing.

Sanjuro

f0aJ0ji.jpg

Eat, Sleep, Break the Streak.

Triple Layer Nacho
Catina Power Bowl - Chicken
Enchirito
Mexican Pizza
Grilled Stuft Nacho

These are some of the thing I order. I also like a few of their classics like the bean burrito, potato taco and chalupa.

When I was around 10 I had my first Taco Bell meal and it was so disgusting that I didn't go back for another 12 years or so. Not only did it taste like shit but it made me sick.

These days I might go once, sometimes twice a month. The only two things I get are 5-layer-burritos and quesaritos. They're really tasty but I feel bad eating such trash food.

I can only assume I either got unlucky that first time or Taco Bell did indeed cause intestinal distress back then which is where it got its reputation. However today it does not seem to cause the same issues.

Clydefrog

This would be the perfect opportunity to show that Taco Bell is not normal and will give someone with a normal digestive tract some problems. But OP said he usually goes to the burger places so his stomach is already "used" to fast food. Taco Bell probably won't affect him. Sigh.

Deft Beck

This would be the perfect opportunity to show that Taco Bell is not normal and will give someone with a normal digestive tract some problems. But OP said he usually goes to the burger places so his stomach is already "used" to fast food. Taco Bell probably won't affect him. Sigh.

Even when I go to the burger places, I get a chicken sandwich combo and substitute the soda for a bottled water.

lunchtoast

Crunchwrap Supreme
Nachos Bel Grande
Quesadilla
Cheesy Gordita Crunch
Double Decker Supreme

5 dollar boxes are good too.

malfcn

Tonight I got a #10 and two daredevil with Baja Blast. Normally I do the combo and a spicy potato and beefy cheese. Mm, sickness.

Number 43 of what not to say on a gaming website: Tell them you've never been to taco bell.

That's like telling a serial killer you've never seen a man die.

Persona7

Banned
get cinnamon twists and a baja blast

I usually get the beefy nacho griller or the stuffed nacho thing. They have hot fritos inside.

Wow no explosive diarrhea comments?

Its my fav fast food place.

There's been a few, lol. Scroll up.

Anyway, I never understood that comment. Taco Bell is the furthest thing from spicy. I usually get a couple bean burritos or just a grilled stuft chicken (get shredded version!!) burrito. I hate Taco Bell's pico and can't stand sour cream so I get it without those two.

and dat fire sauce.

ReAxion

There's been a few, lol. Scroll up.

Anyway, I never understood that comment. Taco Bell is the furthest thing from spicy. I usually get a couple bean burritos or just a grilled stuft chicken (get shredded version!!) burrito. I hate Taco Bell's pico and can't stand sour cream so I get it without those two.

and dat fire sauce.

and people recommend "real" mexican food instead, when there's a thing called Montezuma's Revenge.

ElRenoRaven

If you find yourself there at breakfast you have to try their County AM Wrap. Those are probably the best item on their menu.

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
Taco Bell has a key point that makes it good for some, and not so good for others.

If you like more juicy, fatty, thick, pellet like beef (such as fresh hamburger from a local butcher, you'll notice how big the grounds are), it's not going to be very good then.

Why I liked taco bell is because the meat was smooth, almost like a paste. Sounds gross but the pellet nature of hamburger meat grounds are disgusting to me (and is ultimately what pushed me to stop eating meat) so the paste was way more appetizing and tasty.

Also, their tortillas are super thin and soft if you get the soft tacos. I really liked their food when I used to eat it. It was definitely ultra cheap, but in a good way.

Strike

It's alright. You get what you pay for. You're better off looking somewhere else if you want authentic Mexican food though.

Dishwalla

Banned
I've met people who've never eaten at McDonald's before, which kind of blows my mind, it seems so ubiquitous in our culture.

Nori Chan

Grillers are god like. I just wish they were a dollar again during 2-5. Those loaded potato ones with bacon are amazing

Keep the streak. I've tried TB like, 3-4 times in my lifetime, and it always disappointed me.
I'm sure most pro-TB people here live in places where they don't have a good selection of fast food.

crunchwrap supreme
cheesey gordita crunch
fiesta potatoes

Do they still have the cheesy bean and rice burrito?

I used to eat taco bell like every day. It was a bad time in my life.

Neither have I. I've never even seen one in NYC.

Really? There's one near Union Square that I regularly visit because I like cheap "Mexican" food. Looking at a map, there's only 8 Taco Bells in Manhattan. That's somewhat interesting.

OP, try it out. You like it, you like it. You hate it, you come to GAF and make a thread about your experience, and the Taco Bell cycle will continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom