• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 has "wet weather, 3D puddles and night races" + more

Azzawon

Just spent 20 minutes "buying" all the free cars :p
Also, I've pissed about with the HUD options and now when I'm not doing a clean lap, the little warning triangle near the lap time doesn't come up.
Any idea how to get that to come back on?

Regarding the 'dirty' lap notifier, I've only seen it pop up in Rivals and Multiplayer. I'm presuming all the laps in Career are considered dirty because of mods, unless they just don't show at all during Career to leave you to focus on the racing.

danowat

Banned
Regarding the 'dirty' lap notifier, I've only seen it pop up in Rivals and Multiplayer. I'm presuming all the laps in Career are considered dirty because of mods, unless they just don't show at all during Career to leave you to focus on the racing.

Yes, I concur, I've never seen an invalidation in career, even without any mods enabled.

So I reckon laps in career are tracked elsewhere, because you still get "you've been XXX" in career........

shinnn

CompleteTanAmericancurl.gif

AncientScaryHellbender.gif

CompetentEmptyGazelle.gif

NimbleFocusedHarrierhawk.gif

The wheels twitching looks weird =p

Does anyone find the echo in the behind view kind of overwhelming. (I took some videos but they haven't appeared yet on xboxdvr). Overall though very happy with the game. I would prefer some class racing but this is OK.

Devildoll

I'm mainly a PC gamer, but my buddy brought his xbone over last weekend and I had such a good time with fh2 and f6 demo that I have been thinking about getting one ever since.

I bought a 360 to play gta 4 early, by chance i got the forza 2/viva piniata bundle.

Since then I've been hooked, the xbox is my forza machine, and the xbox one was bought with the sole intention of playing the forza series.
Got it set up to play sound through my computer and the video is just an input switch on my monitor.

Yeah it sounds like he does! My message:

Your Drivatar has appeared in 32 race(s) and earned 10,200 CR since your last session.

Congratulations! Your Drivatar has appeared in 323 race(s) and earned 10,640 CR since your last session.

Man, Digital SCR0NE costs more in fuel than he gets in earnings.

Noobcraft

The Stig is OP. I put him on unbeatable difficulty and he actually beat the fastest Ariel Atom lap time around Hockenheim Short by 5 seconds. He was just behind the world record in a vehicle with 43 less PP.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
IDK if anyone else noticed this, but they finally fixed the door handles on the Dodge Challenger Hellcat.

Or tried to, because bless their hearts, they still screwed it up somewhat. I think the handle is bigger than it is on the real car. No pics, sorry, but I'm certain someone in the photo thread can help me out here.

But at least they tried, hopefully the 2011 SRT 392 and 2015 R/T Scat Pack are on the DLC docket with the attempted fix.

And the Fast and Furious S2000 doesn't have the anime girl on the car's sides. They got the shade of pink right, but without the anime girl, it feels hollow. They got the Supra right, though. Wish they had the RX-7s from the first movie and Tokyo Drift, and the Lancer Evo from the second.

And the Fast and Furious S2000 doesn't have the anime girl on the car's sides. They got the shade of pink right, but without the anime girl, it feels hollow. They got the Supra right, though. Wish they had the RX-7s from the first movie and Tokyo Drift, and the Lancer Evo from the second.

Speaking of which, has anyone else noticed "2002 Lancer Evolution FF" in their racing grids?

There's no F&F Lancer from 2002 in the car dealer, and it looks like the stock Evo 8 when I get close.

Error1355

I guess I'm gonna go home and buy the $100 version digitally.

Jeez I should have stopped looking in here. I can't wait any longer. Spent too damn much on gaming this month. lol

Wasn't Lime Rock the inspiration for Maple Valley? I think I read that.

In that they're both in the north east? It's a popular opinion, but having driven both in various games I think they're much less alike than Sunset was like Daytona.

My recollection is that driving Maple Valley at speed has a lot more negative-camber/on-two-wheels moments.

Holy Shit I actually got money from someone downloading my design.......my work has meaning again.

Sonoma is so Green!

And I love the haze on Bathurst.

This Game!

So I spent 3 hours with the game last night.

It is a lot of fun. I enjoy this driving mechanic over any other racing game.They kind of revamped Career, I like what I see so far. For the first time in the series I feel like damage should be turned to simulation. There's just no way you should hit a wall at Indy doing 200, and just get right back into the thick of the race.

The weather effects are a nice addition, although I noticed my back tires disappear in the rain when using the behind the car cam.

AI is really weird, unbeatable in some races, and then non competitive in others, there are times when 1st place AI is so far ahead, you will never catch him.

Graphics are still poor in my eyes when compared to other racers. I don't like the cartoonish look to the cars. Although I will give them a lot of props for trying to bring the track and environment alive. I was expecting more though.

Anyways this game is what it is, and what it does well, it does the best.

I don't want you to think I do not like the game I do. Somewhere around GT 4 my love for that series died, as the driving mechanics became so weird and uncomfortable to me like the very first Forza.

Anyways not that anyone cares but 7/10

Turn 10 needs to step up the graphics game in a big way. If that means sacrificing certain things, then so be it. This game while yes it is 60 fps, does not visually look like anything that the 360 could not accomplish, and that is a crime.

Turn 10 needs to step up the graphics game in a big way. If that means sacrificing certain things, then so be it. This game while yes it is 60 fps, does not visually look like anything that the 360 could not accomplish, and that is a crime.

And what exactly would you have Turn10 do to fix this "crime" as you call it?

Synth

Don't humour someone claiming the game does nothing a 360 can't do in this thread. Just point him back to this thread, which he is completely aware of, and where that sort of ridiculousness is generally welcomed.

skyfinch

Did they remove the Bernese Alps track layout where you go into the tunnel? I've only seen the short track layout so far in youtube videos.

Also, I like how the speedometer now reacts better to light and shadows. It's hard to explain, but in fm 3, 4 and 5, this part of the instrument panel always seems to be lit.

frontieruk

Just make sure to quote all the images please.

I always quote images, makes it easier on mobile ;)

anyway without further ado :-

Photos from a GAF race last night
attending in start grid order
  1. Frontieruk
  2. XBL GHG
  3. Banglish
  4. WRC Evo X
  5. Mr Noobcraft
  6. P3tRaN
  7. FFsReedRichards
  8. Bumcrease

XBL GHG takes an early lead and starts drifting around corners
1euoky.jpg

I make a slight over adjustment which left me embedded in the back of Noobs car...
29dqyc.jpg

Which then launched me across the grass verge to re-merge in an attempt to inhabit Noobs car which left us in spins and facing walls :( Sorry Noob :(
3h0rsk.jpg

Evo Takes a bet that my car is going to ghost out... it doesn't this is the point he hits his brakes. Beautiful image though :)
2arfp60.jpg

XBL GHG Wonders where everyone is and carries on drifting
4inre3.jpg

FFsReedRichards loses his car underbreaking while chasing the pack, P3tRaN skillfully avoids the incident
5wwq4c.jpg

After a poor corner (lost speed drifting... how'd of thought ;) ) XBL GHG goes from 1st to 3rd, he rubs paint with Banglish as he moves into 2nd.

WRC Evo X is pulling away though until this corner which he over cooks and goes from 1st to 3rd
63wrg7.jpg

XBL GHG gets into a drift which he can't recover before touching the grass and he clips the corner of the wall bouncing him infront of Evo, Evo's late on the breaks and cant avoid GHG
73roxi.jpg

Banglish see's this happening and keeps on the gas, unfortunately the crash doesn't move out the way and Evo gets it from begind
8prpcg.jpg

This leave's Evo and GHG in a pirouette in to the tyre wall as Banglish ends up spinning out on track trying to keep out of the wall
9e6p8w.jpg

as I round the bend I see the devestation and I do use my breaks , I just can't slow myself enough to not hit Evo, who's spins out again, clips GHG then face plants the wall.
10j3rs1.jpg

Mr Noobcraft takes advantage of the devastation and threads the needle while hoping that Banglish stays a ghost
11sepdl.jpg

Noob takes a short cut over some grass and along a wall to fly in front of GHG, this leaves him off line and he has to cut the lawn to get back on track allowing GHG to retake 2nd
127xqw1.jpg

Mean while in the lead P3tRaN has in no way at all gotten himself lost, he's just decided to go wave at the fans trackside... Honest.
13kvp24.jpg

FFsReedRichards chases down, and collects Banglish while GHG drifts off into a tyre wall
14c3oo9.jpg

XBL GHG is drifting again, and loses his momentum, leaving Noobcraft to get into a drift one way then the other to avoid GHG
WideAppropriateHuemul.gif

until he trieds passing where it all goes horribly wrong and I capitalise

GHG and Noobcraft have a coming togeather as the both try to capitilise on a mistake by me
16ueq5e.jpg

Evo puts his car into a drift missing the left hand bend, fortunately for him there is a right hand curve with a grass run off which he glides effortlessly across. Unfortunately for Banglish this route hasn't lost Evo any speed and Banglish gets caught as Evo re-enters the track.
19shpqc.jpg

In pushing hard to catch up GHG has been cutting corners and using momentum to drift around obstacles, here he thought he was Bo Duke and was driving the General Lee...
19a9kphe.jpg

this leaves him hitting a barrier at full speed, Evo's collision with Banglish left him unable to make the corners after spinning out and you can see him limping past the barrier a bit further on. Banglish after recovering from his spin; parks bonnect first into the barrier Evo is driving along.
18v1p58.jpg

as Evo comes back on the track FFsReedRichards shows he isn't afraid of trading paint and uses his momentum to get infront!
201wolk.jpg

Evo rams (I checked the telemetry) into FFsReedRichards pushing Reed into the tyrewall and securing himself 4th
2191qan.jpg

after a few schoolboy errors from both noobcraft and myself two corners from the flag, I hit on my brakes to avoid spinning us both out as I come back on track.
17qhpns.jpg

final standings
  1. P3tRaN
  2. Mr Noobcraft
  3. Frontieruk
  4. WRC Evo X
  5. FFsReedRichards
  6. Bumcrease
  7. XBL GHG
  8. Banglish

danowat

Banned

This has got to be a joke post?........right?..........surely?......either that or you need to get to specsavers

ToiJu

Speaking of which, has anyone else noticed "2002 Lancer Evolution FF" in their racing grids?

There's no F&F Lancer from 2002 in the car dealer, and it looks like the stock Evo 8 when I get close.
I saw it on B-class leaderboards, when watching a replay it is a Evo 8 with a big rear wing even though 2002 is still Evo 7 and supposedly this car. Maybe we are getting a second FnF pack.

Did they remove the Bernese Alps track layout where you go into the tunnel? I've only seen the short track layout so far in youtube videos.
No, it's still there.

Banglish

1. Frontieruk
  2. XBL GHG
  3. Banglish
  4. WRC Evo X
  5. Mr Noobcraft
  6. P3tRaN
  7. FFsReedRichards
  8. Bumcrease

final standings
  1. P3tRaN
  2. Mr Noobcraft
  3. Frontieruk
  4. WRC Evo X
  5. FFsReedRichards
  6. Bumcrease
  7. XBL GHG
  8. Banglish

Maan, that was a crazy one. If only I could have held on a little longer!
Great shots as well! Really captured the intesity of that race.

Noobcraft

1. Frontieruk
  2. XBL GHG
  3. Banglish
  4. WRC Evo X
  5. Mr Noobcraft
  6. P3tRaN
  7. FFsReedRichards
  8. Bumcrease

final standings
  1. P3tRaN
  2. Mr Noobcraft
  3. Frontieruk
  4. WRC Evo X
  5. FFsReedRichards
  6. Bumcrease
  7. XBL GHG
  8. Banglish
The fact that I managed to finish in 2nd (or finish at all) is a miracle in itself. That race was awesome.

LoveCake

Me either as of last night. No Ford GT (in gifts/messages/add-ons or anywhere else) despite heavily playing the demo. I got some bonus money, and some cars, but I believe I'm missing a lot of things.

Well, in Forza Horizon 2 when you spin you get the reward & then it makes another noise & flashes up & doubles the amount of money if you have won money as a VIP bonus, i have only won one lot of money on Forza 6 but i didn't see anything about the money being doubled.

Anyone else know about this?

Klocker

Why can't photomode be on one of the D pad buttons like Horizon?

this..

also why not have added options for sounds? engine? road, environment etc????
also, why can I not set my free races by division? so I can have all of the same car type Gt, F1, Touring, etc.... and not a mish mash because they are in same power class.

come on t10

such a great game but these little things man

Cheddahz

Banned
So I spent 3 hours with the game last night.

It is a lot of fun. I enjoy this driving mechanic over any other racing game.They kind of revamped Career, I like what I see so far. For the first time in the series I feel like damage should be turned to simulation. There's just no way you should hit a wall at Indy doing 200, and just get right back into the thick of the race.

The weather effects are a nice addition, although I noticed my back tires disappear in the rain when using the behind the car cam.

AI is really weird, unbeatable in some races, and then non competitive in others, there are times when 1st place AI is so far ahead, you will never catch him.

Graphics are still poor in my eyes when compared to other racers. I don't like the cartoonish look to the cars. Although I will give them a lot of props for trying to bring the track and environment alive. I was expecting more though.

Anyways this game is what it is, and what it does well, it does the best.

I don't want you to think I do not like the game I do. Somewhere around GT 4 my love for that series died, as the driving mechanics became so weird and uncomfortable to me like the very first Forza.

Anyways not that anyone cares but 7/10

I much rather have a smooth racing game with good graphics over a racing game with excellent graphics that struggles technically

Evo rams (I checked the telemetry) into FFsReedRichards pushing Reed into the tyrewall and securing himself 4th
And of course I face in the wrong direction after that... but I was racing like shit anyway. That whole race was more of drift trial... many races were yesterday ;)

I absolutely love, love, LOVE the new tyre model, but after I won the La Ferrari today and tried it out... it sounded BOOOORING. It sounded like it did in Horizon 2.

Check out this sound comparison:
https://youtu.be/-FWYHah0zVo
1st part: FM6
2nd part: FM5 (edit: start of 2nd part at 0:30s)

I bet the sound from the 1983 Audi Quattro is as boring as the FH2 sound too, where you couldn't hear that classic whirl-sound from the pressure backing up on the turbo compressor (should I really dare and check?? :// ).

You think Turn 10 might patch that??

Gotta say I miss Forza 5's autovista-centered menu, having your current car front and center in all of its glory with everything else an off-shoot of that. The new slidey menu action in Forza 6 has everything right there in one category or another, but its flat and doesn't feel organically arranged.

Load times are still long.

Drivatar difficulty seems all over the place. Gave me a real run for my money in the first Yas Marina event, but then I damn near lapped the entire field on my first run of Indy cars on the oval. Was still a rush to be flying that fast down the strip though. Also, far more bumper car action than I experienced in the demo, which was a surprise.

I want to strangle the announcer lady, but only because she can't be skipped. Why does she wrest the controls and require you to listen when the F1 driver starts talking you can skip it right away. Hopefully that stuff is petering out now that I'm past the first set of races, but I can hear here scurrying in the shadows, waiting to pounce as soon as I let my guard down.

Have you always been able to practice on the course before a race? I appreciate the option here, though with one nitpick: I used to use free play to practice tracks in Forza 5 - and doing a handful of time-trial laps nets in Forza 6 you a decent reward of credits, affinity and XP as you'd expect. But then you can 'practice' that same course for hours and you get nada. Don't see why the two activities would be treated differently.

There's more environmental effects everywhere like mist and fog and the like. Subtle stuff, but adds to the depth and life of the tracks, and can even lead to some accidents. That inside wall on Sebring's line in the wet may look farther away than it is because of that mist - then whammo, you're kissing it with your hood.

Rain doesn't visually impress, but it sure gets your attention when it comes to the hazards it puts up. Small puddles are tiny little heart attacks, and the large ones can easily take you out of contention in a flat fucking second - part of the reason I'm still keeping rewind as an option. Hairpin turns are a lot tougher to negotiate without slipping too. Definitely requires more finesse and situational awareness, since a lot of Drivatars will be slipping, sliding and careening into each other - and you have to be ready to avoid those collisions and to take advantage of the opportunities that open up. For rain's effect on handling I love it, and makes for a nice contrast with rain in other games.

You can now customize your driver! But that seems to only be a male/female selection. Is that the extent of the driver customization or does more unlock as you progress? Gotta say though, that the fact that we have drivers also makes the lack of some kind of end-of-race-fanfare feel like a missed opportunity. All you get is a bunch of numbers and a checkmark. No champagne or high fives or anything.

When you finish a race you get a 1/4 small slice of the screen that shows you and your car looking all cool, with the huge swath of the real estate left dedicated to XP, Credits and Affinity tickers, bleeps and bloops. That screams 100% backwards to me. If I could turn off mods, XP/Affinity/Credits meters and prize spins I'd do it in a flat second. All those numbers are a means to an end, not an end in themselves, so the amount of time and screen estate dedicated to watching them increment and fill out their meters just feels out of whack. Modern gaming I guess.

Definite handling changes from Forza 5 - I'm having to work a lot harder to stay at speed and stable in the long bends. I can dig it, and its nice to have some new elements at play to work with.

So far I'm enjoying it but am not blown away by night, but have been using starter cars so theres a long way for me to go yet in terms of speed. Its a definite improvement in a lot of ways over Forza 5, and has a ton more stuff though. Definitely a complete package here and the place to go when you want to collect cars and customize the hell out of them.

Sordid

Loving the game so far, racing in the rain feels great. It's always good to see drivatars taking corners too wide etc and going off track, makes it feel like they're at my skill level!

Curse everyone who was posting with their jackpot prize wins though, I've had 3 spins so far and won a cheap car and low credit prizes :(

Top Bottom