• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 has "wet weather, 3D puddles and night races" + more

GHG

Some good races last night guys.

It was chaos with only 6-8 of us there in some cases so lord knows what the carnage will be like once we get a race with way 20+ of us going.

For those complaining about the standard career mode, back out of that shit and do the showcases. That's where the real fun is.

shandy706

Most effects do, I don't think its a glitch more just how they are rendered and how it integrates with rewind. Same thing happened in FM5.

Yeah, happens more often with rewind.

Just went into photo mode and it didn't disappear this time (3rd try). Just don't rewind, lol.

Outrun

Some good races last night guys.

It was chaos with only 6-8 of us there in some cases so lord knows what the carnage will be like once we get a race with way 20+ of us going.

For those complaining about the standard career mode, back out of that shit and do the showcases. That's where the real fun is.

Thanks for the advice :)

Still trying to figure out a fast A class car. One chap was killing it in a Lan Evo.

zoobzone

jQNMfoqh.jpg

damn just started the game and got this, feels good.

Im really enjoying the game, what is making the big diference for me is the aggresion limit of the AI, finally im having clean races, I hated paint trading and side blind cars.
In content seems quite good.

The first thing I did after finishing the intruduction was to buy and sell the F1 lotus untill i got rid of all the millions and gifted cars, starting with fast cars and tons of money just ruins the progression of the game for me. To bad you cant gift them.

Grassy

Oh my fucking god. I just spent an hour drifting the 458 Speciale around Spa in the rain...fucking sublime. This game man.

ST3K3LLY

Banned
It's interesting how everyone is saying how much fun they're having without mentioning visuals. Definitely seems lost on this forum that game play matters the most.
It feels really similar to playing forza motorsport 4 to me so I'm as happy as I've been in ages with a driving game, I can see myself not playing triple screen project cars for a while.

Hawk269

If you guys are racing online in a private lobby send me an invite.

GT: Dead P0ul

I mentioned this before in the thread, but when I copy and paste you GT Xbox Live says it does not recognize your name. Tried adding you twice now, but it always says name unknown.

Perhaps send me a friend request. My GT is: Hawk269

Hawk269

Look, can some scrubs jump online soon because my ego can't handle finishing literally a mile behind everybody else each race.

You know what though buddy...People appreciate someone that wants to keep trying instead of quitting the game because you are in last. I know for me, when I stink up the track, I continue racing until the time runs out. I remember playing a 10 lap race and I was lapped and I even did the nice and ensured I moved out of the way so the faster cars did not have to deal with my poor driving just to lap me.

All in all, you will get better the more you play the game and it is nice having peple of all skill levels.

willbsn13

This game man.......its just so much better than FM5 it's not even funny.

GHG I absolutely agree, the showcases are a brilliant idea and sort of act as a second career. I hope they add more as they flesh the game out with more types of cars and tracks, cause they really are great fun.

Need to add myself to that GAF spreadsheet, keen for some racing!

willbsn13

My wonky playtimes don't appear to align with the opening of league races unfortunately.

Yeah I was racing in them before, went for a break, and now I can't race in them anymore. There's only one league up at the moment, so when they add a few more into the mix, hopefully there should be something up at all times!

The first thing I did after finishing the intruduction was to buy and sell the F1 lotus untill i got rid of all the millions and gifted cars, starting with fast cars and tons of money just ruins the progression of the game for me. To bad you cant gift them.

Sounds like me on GTA V. Start with $500k? Nah, I'm good.

Shame you can't get the VIP pass without messing up progression though. Double XP means you're getting twice as many spins as most people will.

Never got into the online side of Forza before outside of playing with friends, do I just choose a car and then it matches me based on class? As much as I suck I am keen to try improve with this one.

Another online question, do people ram much? What happens if someone accidentally rams, can you be vote kicked or something?

Thanks, sorry for the basic questions. Stuck at work and all I can think of is Forza lol.

TBiddy

Never got into the online side of Forza before outside of playing with friends, do I just choose a car and then it matches me based on class? As much as I suck I am keen to try improve with this one.

Another online question, do people ram much? What happens if someone accidentally rams, can you be vote kicked or something?

Thanks, sorry for the basic questions. Stuck at work and all I can think of is Forza lol.

Can't speak for FM6, but I had my first online race in FM5 last night. I had to pick a class first and then a car afterwards, so I'd assume it's the same in FM6.

Generally it was a clean race, but someone did police-tap me, causing me to spin, resulting in a massive crash :)

danowat

Banned
Some tracks have more apparent aliasing than others, but they appear to be the same as the demo.

I would also like someone like DF to look at various tracks in there test, because if I didn't know better, I'd say there are some stuttering issues and maybe even frame drops at certain tracks (Watkins Glen is one)

Mascot

Some tracks have more apparent aliasing than others, but they appear to be the same as the demo.

I would also like someone like DF to look at various tracks in there test, because if I didn't know better, I'd say there are some stuttering issues and maybe even frame drops at certain tracks (Watkins Glen is one)

When fully loaded (24 cars, wet weather), or during 'normal' play (whatever 'normal' play is, lol)?

frontieruk

Try a hard reset of your console I noticed that glitch in the demo and thought my console was the issue rather than the game a reset later and it was smooth

danowat

Banned
Anyone noticed if the exhaust mods change the exhaust sound this time round?.

I can't say I notice it.

Also, what is so difficult about having a proper audio setup page?, the players engine sounds are drowned out by the AI's engine sounds and tyre noise, why can't we adjust the volumes of different sounds

That's another backwards step, says on the loading screen to listen out for the tyres (nice new sounds btw) but I can barely hear them a lot of the time.

I like in Free Play mode the game remembers the AI settings and so on now, used to reset every time I left that screen. Much easier to jump in now.

Am I at a disadvantage for playing on auto? I try get into manual everytime a new forza comes out but it never sticks.

I usually never do it right from the start, I would recommend you to switch over when you are more familiar with the game, cars and tracks. In that way you can focus your concentration on shifting gears more than everything else.

Top Bottom