• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT3| Evolved

Rushy

Thanks for all the details on Drift Mode. We believe we've fixed all of the major exploits now, the focus will now move on to ensuring that the scoring is balanced and fair for existing tour events as we test and tune the values.

Then we'll need to decide whether to do a full leaderboard wipe OR just delete the exploited entries (the latter will require a lot of support from you guys to point out the exploited scores).

To gauge general opinions, what would your preference be?

Ainsz

Was a good laugh last night, great fun. We all appreciate your spreadsheets Shannow. ;) We on for doing it again sometime?

Thanks for all the details on Drift Mode. We believe we've fixed all of the major exploits now, the focus will now move on to ensuring that the scoring is balanced and fair for existing tour events as we test and tune the values.

Then we'll need to decide whether to do a full leaderboard wipe OR just delete the exploited entries (the latter will require a lot of support from you guys to point out the exploited scores).

Wipe and be done with it, little come back with people contesting if their score was fair or not. Could prove more of a headache and moaning on forums/social media than it's worth. If people feel their run was skillful and legit, let them run it again and get the score again.

Denur

In my opinion the fairest way is to wipe the whole leaderboard. In that way you are sure that all scores are exploit-free. But do keep all gained fame points, stars and trophies. :)

On a side node. The other day I had set the PS4 in rest mode with DC running. When I entered the game again the next day, the force feedback (T300) was almost non-existent. After a reboot all was well again. Is this a known issue?

Leaderboards?

Nuke 'em from orbit, it's the only way to be sure!

If they're genuinely that good, then it'll be easy for drift/skill/lap times to be done again.

Full wipe :)

Rushy

On a side node. The other day I had set the PS4 in rest mode with DC running. When I entered the game again the next day, the force feedback (T300) was almost non-existent. After a reboot all was well again. Is this a known issue?
You have to unfortunately 'reset' the wheel to make it work after rest mode (this isn't a DC specific issue to our knowledge), which means either rebooting the game or disconnecting then reconnecting the wheel (the latter is quicker obviously).

Full wipe

Rushy

12695021_950392235045137_1038006434021385734_o.jpg

12672027_950392168378477_2932634408590268560_o.jpg

12715958_950392078378486_8710649789941610365_o.png

xrnzaaas

Nice, I think I'll start with the new bikes tour. :)

Btw are the new tours paid or free?? I won't mind buying them, just would like to know how much money I need to have on my account. ;)

Auctopus

Whooooah. 6 track variants of one track? Am I reading that right?

Date of the update?

Edit: Also, are those expansions free? I'd really rather not start buying separate packs in lieu of a Season Pass.

One question Rushy, assuming the expansion packs aren't free but also are not part of the season pass.....

Any plans to bring out a new pass before this new content drops?

T_Exige

Whoa great! A new track & 6 variants? :drool:

btw -> Full wipe on the drift leaderboards.

Edit: that trailer in the other topic ... god!

Rushy

The clarify a few details:

- The update goes live tomorrow!
- The new track 'Old Town' is FREE and features 6 variations
- The 2 expansions each cost €3.59 / £2.99 / $3.49 (available on Feb 23rd)
- There are no plans for a season pass to include this new content

Karu

Still 380 shiny gold stars left from the SP, so will wait on the additional expansions, but really looking forward to the new tracks. DriveClub replaced Rocket League as my go-to podcast game for the last two month. Never would have thought.

xrnzaaas

Track looks beautiful, thanks for the info on the price, will be buying both. :)

Edit: 23rd? Damn, I was hoping for the same day as the track update. :/

just saw the news...

Excellent , just excellent

oh i'm in favour of wiping the leaderboards too.

It's just going to cause unwanted drama if some people got their things deleted and others didn't .. at least it's a starting line for everyone still playing.

Oh wow, i wasn't expecting the update before next week, and it includes a new track with 6 variants too, amazing! I guess it would be wasteful to intricately model part of a city and then only have one route set in it. :D

So i take it we will get a new city track with each update for the next few months. Will they still be monthly?

The other stuff in the update sounds great too, can't wait to try out the racing filters and the hardcore handling model, although i know i'll be terrible at it. The new cars and bikes look sexy, i'll gladly get both expansions.
Also major kudos on keeping the tracks free and fixing the drifting, by now i thought the folks at Evolution have given up on it.

:O

Now we know what the cobblestone selfshadowing tech was for. :)

The clarify a few details:

- The update goes live tomorrow!
- The new track 'Old Town' is FREE and features 6 variations
- The 2 expansions each cost €3.59 / £2.99 / $3.49 (available on Feb 23rd)
- There are no plans for a season pass to include this new content

So season pass holders DO have to pay for the 2 expansions, correct?

Rushy

Yes. Season Pass is effectively defunct now.

Yes. As stated clearly at the outset of the season pass it would run until the end of July 2015.

All new content since August 2015 has been paid for, unlockable in-game or instantly unlockable via the store, but not associated with the season pass.

Ainsz

beautiful, just beautiful. Can't believe the new tracks are up tomorrow! Beautiful. And that GTR....

@Rushy: Can you say what time the update will be up?

Bouniter

Great news Rushy drifting really needed a lot of work and I hope you managed to fix it all. Including being able to just being able to drift against the track and still score points for it, hitting walls, drift zone speed zone drift zone shenanigans, the strange you get next to no points for your second drift bug and just good long smooth drifts in general scoring less than they should.

As for the leader boards as someone who played with the drifting system and having used crashing into walls and all that crap on some of them because you know that's what you had to do to be competitive. I would like a complete and utter wipe so my scores no longer make me feel icky.

As for the rest of update I'm really really looking forward to trying the city tracks and hardcore mode.

Thanks for everything and keep it up

kie25

Wipe the leaderboards project cars did it and it was the best move they made :) yes upset me but now it's fixed I know people ain't gona beat my times by corner cutting etc so I'd wipe them clean.

kie25

I'm guessing the 6 variations are 3 layouts but with reverse versions just so you guys know :) well that's my thought with the 6 variations anyway @rushy may clarify that?

Rushy, I've never played a game that has had such dedicated post release support and engagement with the community.

Thank you again to the whole team for all the hard work.

Jamesways

Indeed, amazing support Rushy. Thank you!

Cityscape looks fantastic.

And thank you for the Suzukis!

Love the bikes in this game. Spend more time on those than the cars.

Tommi84

Full wipe, Rushy. Not because it would give the players some work to do, but because it will take your time to verify all the complaints and we all agree that Evolution is made to create new content

I vote full wipe too (not that I'll have any scores up there!) :)

Brilliant to see new vehicles, tracks and modes, can't wait to get stuck in :)

Just noticed it on the notes, but being able to leave dynamic weather on for each race and it not being guaranteed to rain at some point during a race will be a great improvement.

Ogawa-san

Every time there are new patch notes out I hope to see the introduction of an "I don't care about Bikes" option.

I love doing random events (a brilliant option, btw) so I get to see that intermediary option screen between cars and bikes a lot.

Duallusion

A brand new DC track! Tomorrow?! Yes please!

I am somewhat annoyed I can't buy a season pass II, though. It's not even a question of saving money (although the cost of these packs will add up); I'd just like to know for sure we'll be getting 25+ new packs and 50+ new cars this year too and buy the whole thing in bulk like last year.

But seriously; a new track! Tomorrow! o/

This weeks challenge is fun! Though I'm incredibly impressed with others' times. I'm currently at the 2:33 mark and I don't know what I can do to shave off some precious seconds. I'll keep trying though :)

Was a good laugh last night, great fun. We all appreciate your spreadsheets Shannow. ;) We on for doing it again sometime?

Glad you enjoyed it :)

Yeah I'm thinking of making it a regular thing every week if enough peeps are up for it. I was thinking of doing a different country each week (as circuits work too, just need to set the lap count to give us 3-4 minutes racing). Alternatively we could do themed weeks like night racing, extreme weather etc

Conclusions from last night :-

Quick and consistent won in the end - Auctopus 'only' won 2 events but he never finished lower than 4th. Vaga also won 2 events but had a 7th, 8th & 9th! Skillet and AnythingBut won the two other events but also had 7th places. Ainsz you lost 8 seconds to Auctopus in the first event then only 3 seconds more in the following 5 events.

The events where peeps had a free choice of car were the ones that caused the most damage - choosing the wrong car could really hurt people's times. No one chose a radical car and won, it was the usual suspects (RS5, RGT8 & 1:One) that claimed the victories.

I hate only hearing my voice on the recordings, I sound like a nutter chuckling away to myself! Sort it out people! ;-)

The private servers worked really well, I think the reverse grid helped keep it close and it was great to see such damn close racing even if there isn't quite the same buzz from passing through people as from out maneuvering them.

I'm happy to run these events weekly from now on but if anyone has an issue with Tuesday night I can make it on Monday or Wednesday instead if that suits you better - just let me know :)

xrnzaaas

This weeks challenge is fun! Though I'm incredibly impressed with others' times. I'm currently at the 2:33 mark and I don't know what I can do to shave off some precious seconds. I'll keep trying though :)
I'm at 32.5 and can't improve. I either get blocked by the ai cars or mess up the hairpins. Or both. :p

Duallusion

That thread on the gaming side warms my heart; nothing but positivity for a change. Hard not to be positive with this kind of support.

Top Bottom