• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat [Mafia] |OT| Till Death Do Us Part

cabot

Our tracking ability is unlimited. It is flavourless and unjustified in its bounty in all except probable balance for our host-applied handicap. Hell, if you survive long enough to repeatedly check us out (but you clearly won't, since you're smart like that) by whatever meagre x-shots you have left, if you survive past shriveling and miraculously reload your telescopic cannon for forever and ever, you'll see we never stop. Never. Perhaps, if you were able to Track past your limited capability now, you'd see that we'd have cared for your future. But you're famous for it now, and we're oh-so beneath you.

Found it. So I'd consider that a conflict between role PMs. Hmmmmmm

cabot

I could also make the argument scum trackers would also be given more power because they're a minority against a majority.

cabot

Meta-game question: How many power roles can we reasonably expect in a (normal) game with 15 players?

Maybe someone can give reasonable guesstimates for exact numbers, but it's a 5/10 on the crab scale, so it's probably a conservative amount.

Gorlak

Banned
crab scale

5: This is a closed game (no roles aside from vanilla town and vanilla mafia are known) with traditional roles. When Death is On the Line (my season 1 game) is an example of this.

As a clarification, any role or combination of roles which introduces "untruths" by the moderator is non-traditional. E.g., the Godfather (reveals Innocent on Cop reports) is non-traditional because it involves the moderator giving false information to the Cop (although the Godfather and the Miller are probably the tamest examples of this).

Gorlak

Banned
I originally intended to bash cabot, because crab scale doesn't say anything about the amount of power roles, but than I discovered this...

This is a really shitty meta aspect and I hate myself for bringing attention to it, because that's sort of out of bounce. But there we have it.

Kawl_USC

Because we didn't discuss the problematic nature of our application of the scale for 2 semi related, but sometimes independent means. Which is exemplified in these two posts. One person refers to it to discuss the number of PRs (which I would argue is how we have used it recently) and the other uses it as it was designed which was a level of bastardity.

*Splinter

Oh my

I don't know how consistently the Crab scale has been applied between games, and Miller is the very tamest example, but nonetheless:

#rekt

cabot

Go read the crab scale again

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

BLAWL IS LYING

Also, number 8 is described as a role madness game, which would imply a large number of power roles present, so you can infer going down the scales has less power roles.

so there

*Splinter

Honey please that really isn't how this works

It's kind of pointless now, but I think we'd expect something like 3 scum, 4 or 5 ordinary, 7 or 8 PR

cabot

Honey please that really isn't how this works

It's kind of pointless now, but I think we'd expect something like 3 scum, 4 or 5 ordinary, 7 or 8 PR

giphy.gif

Burbeting

Banned
For Crab scale, the only comment I'll make that I originally wanted the game to be 5-6/10. Crab said 5/10, so that's why the number in the op is 5.

I will not comment on anything else, but I want to point out, that the scale says that the miller and godfather roles are the most tame examples of "untruths".

*Splinter

Curious: When this detail has been addressed will you let us know? I'm trying to think what detail you're getting a pause at, and I'm not sure where it is (unless it's the "unrelated" thing Karkhead mentioned). If you'd prefer to wait and see how things pan out, by all means do that, I would however like to have that to think over before end of day.
If I'm wrong about it, Blawl will flip scum.

If I'm right, Blarg bent/broke rules to convince me of their innocence.

I probably am wrong, but either way I'm leaving my vote on Blawl.

*Splinter

I'm bored of Blarg v Kark, and we're getting increasingly meta for no good reason. Later today I'm going to make sure I know everyone's positions on the below issues, but apart from that I would like to talk about something (anything) else, rather than waste the entire day on an inevitable lynch target.

The issues:
1. Blarg or Kark, who should go first?
2. Should one of them go today? If not, why?
3. TimeFlux. Innocent, scum, or lynch on policy?

If you haven't been clear on any of these points yet, please clarify ASAP.

cabot

I'm pretty sure Hobohodo is gonna pop in right about now on his high horse and dish out harsh truths that will lead to victory.

No pressure

batsnacks

I'm bored of Blarg v Kark, and we're getting increasingly meta for no good reason. Later today I'm going to make sure I know everyone's positions on the below issues, but apart from that I would like to talk about something (anything) else, rather than waste the entire day on an inevitable lynch target.

The issues:

"I'm bored of blarg v Kark"

"Everyone who hasn't, please remember to beat this poor dead horse so that I know your position on it"

Ty4on

The issues:

-Whomever I find the scummiest. Still haven't made my mind up.
-This recent revelation got me rethinking it a bit, but I'm still leaning on not lynching either. It seems weird for a scum tracker to reveal and if they're both town it's very likely we will lose both in one day.
-Why do you think I'm pressuring him to answer about yesterday? Leaning scum, but I lynch scum, not scummy town.
No u

batsnacks

Hey town

Lynching between two claims that are in conflict with each other doesn't need to be difficult.

Hey mafia

Good job. I think there's legitimate chance we will screw up today and lynch outside of blarg/kawl. If you had asked me at the start of the day, I wouldn't have thought that possible.

cabot

hot reads:

Camjo and partner - Cam goes pretty hard on Flux starting from Day 1. Hard to think they're on the same scum team. Seems to have a strong grasp on how the game is played. He is picking up the slack for his partner, who comparatively is just gliding. And whose last post was to simply sheep his partner's vote. However, this gliding could be due to real life, which seems to be a recurring issue if we go by how many dropouts we've been having. For now I lean null.

i'll try to cook a new dish of hot reads tomorrow

Do you see such a read as a potential scumtell? I'd like to open that question to everyone.

I read bats as town, I don't read Magnum as anything. Is there anything to be made of such?

I'm probably going to say it would stop me having a strong read, but i'd still lean the alignment of the half that is contributing.

MagnumBoy20xx

Neo Member
Hey magnum

Hey, how you doin there? cat got your tongue?
Doing fine, thank you!

I'm in agreement with batsnacks(no duh) that the obvious lynch is one of blarg/kawl or kark/zipped. I'm personally leaning towards blawl, because of the "Miller" modifier that I was skeptical about when they first claimed.

El Topo

Doing fine, thank you!

I'm in agreement with batsnacks(no duh) that the obvious lynch is one of blarg/kawl or kark/zipped. I'm personally leaning towards blawl, because of the "Miller" modifier that I was skeptical about when they first claimed.

You were sceptical of Blarg because of the miller modifier?

Sorry about being inactive, RL kinda got to me, as well as the Day 1 claims making it hard to get reads.

As for how I feel about them I'm more inclined to believe the Miller claim then the cop claim, mainly because it makes more sense for that to be claimed on day 1. The traker part of it does make it harder to believe though.

Other then that I haven't really been able to get any real reads on anyone else, so I'll have to rely a little more on my partner for now.

Am I missing something?

Ty4on

Hey town

Lynching between two claims that are in conflict with each other doesn't need to be difficult.

Hey mafia

Good job. I think there's legitimate chance we will screw up today and lynch outside of blarg/kawl. If you had asked me at the start of the day, I wouldn't have thought that possible.
Eh, they're leading 9-2-2 in votes.

The thing I find a bit weird about Blawl's miller claim is that they should have known Fluxaisis hadn't claimed alignment cop, but still claimed miller. It makes little sense for both to be true and this put a lot of pressure on the claims.
It is possible scum have a godfather and therefore knew alignment cops were in play or just dun goofed. The latter just seems weird and the former makes me think they'd try using it to get Flux lynched knowing he was probably lying.
Blawls role name also makes me think they could be a neutral role with a tracker related goal.

Ty4on

Well done partner. I know it feels dirty using rules as evidence, but that's pretty definitive.

VOTE: Blargonaut
Estne?
For Crab scale, the only comment I'll make that I originally wanted the game to be 5-6/10. Crab said 5/10, so that's why the number in the op is 5.

I will not comment on anything else, but I want to point out, that the scale says that the miller and godfather roles are the most tame examples of "untruths".

Ty4on

I don't speak Latin, but I'm not sure that's a confirmation one way or the other.

Est -> he/she/it is
-ne -> question suffix

Is it?

-------

That's the point. Burb obviously can't confirm anyone's claim unless it's in their role PM, but it looks to me like a clarification that millers and godfathers can exist in this game.

Est -> he/she/it is
-ne -> question suffix

Is it?

-------

That's the point. Burb obviously can't confirm anyone's claim unless it's in their role PM, but it looks to me like a clarification that millers and godfathers can exist in this game.

But, Crab is the one who judged it, right? He wrote the scale? Even if Burb wanted a 6, that should basically be irrelevant information to judging the game.

Kyanrute

The rules, the silence, the overall higher credibility of Kark's actions...

Vote: Blargonaut

That answers Splinters 1). We kill one of them today because it is way likely that one of the pairs is scum. If it is not Blawl, we kill Kark. That's 2) and for 3) I shall give you policy lynch as my answer. We needn't kill Fluxaisis if they get confirmed somehow, but since they are claiming ordinary (iirc), I don't think outing a role that could confirm them is worth the trade.

Burbeting

Banned
el topo & giant panda (0)
cabot
cabot

launchpadmcq & gorlak (1)
giant panda
ultrajay
coppanuva

kingkitty & hyperactivity (0)
cabot

timeaisis & fluxwavez (1)
gorlak
coppanuva
camjo-z
blargonaut
tl21xx

magnumboy20xx & batsnacks (0)
flame_ac

*splinter & cabot (0)
launchpadmcq

blargonaut & kawl_usc (11)
karkador
zippedpinhead
flame_ac
hyperactivity
*splinter
timeaisis
camjo-z
tl21xx
launchpadmcq
kyanrute
batsnacks

hobohodo & ty4on (2)
fluxwavez
cabot

coppanuva & flame_ac (1)
dusk soldier

karkador & zippedpinhead (0)
gorlak

15 Votes Needed for Majority

Ty4on

But, Crab is the one who judged it, right? He wrote the scale? Even if Burb wanted a 6, that should basically be irrelevant information to judging the game.
I'm getting heavy into metagaming here, but why would Burb make that comment and add:
He might have felt the need to help scum for not knowing that, but between every line I read "there is a mild lie somewhere, too mild for Crab to rate it 6".

cabot

The script has maybe not been updated with his name.

Besides, mine looks much better in red.

I made a red dwarf reference, it would have never of worked, Ty.

I'm getting heavy into metagaming here, but why would Burb make that comment and add:

He might have felt the need to help scum for not knowing that, but between every line I read "there is a mild lie somewhere, too mild for Crab to rate it 6".

I read it as 'I don't want to give either side a hint leaning in a direction here, so I shall just reiterate the point to keep your thoughts open'

Top Bottom