• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat [Mafia] |OT| Till Death Do Us Part

Camjo-Z

Not what I was getting at, but thanks for the comedic misinterpretation for effect. I simply meant posting "I have nothing to say that my partner didn't." isn't something I'm willing to take. Agreeing with a play and read overall? Sure. But you can still contribute your own point of view as to how you arrived at them looking scummy, or at least use your own words to explain it. All I'm saying is it's a lot easier for a pair of scum to fake being town if only 1 of them posts.

Fair enough. I'll try to make sure we post different things, even though we'll probably ultimately end up at the same conclusions.

Seriously, though do we have any other good candidates besides Blawl at this point? Flux and I, I'd think? I know you all are ready to lynch us on policy, but are you willing to ignore Blawl to do that at this point in the game?

Nah. You're still a possible candidate for later, but lynching you (or anyone else really) on a hunch when we have an all-out battle between trackers right in front of us would be a poor choice.

Warxard

Banned
I'm bored of Blarg v Kark, and we're getting increasingly meta for no good reason. Later today I'm going to make sure I know everyone's positions on the below issues, but apart from that I would like to talk about something (anything) else, rather than waste the entire day on an inevitable lynch target.

The issues:
1. Blarg or Kark, who should go first?
2. Should one of them go today? If not, why?
3. TimeFlux. Innocent, scum, or lynch on policy?

If you haven't been clear on any of these points yet, please clarify ASAP.

1) Blarg. Karkador's information lines up well enough to make Blarg's reveal less credible. Kark's riding on a higher logic count.
2) At the very least, at least Blarg's group should.
3) I believe that TimeFlux is not innocent, at the same time it would be a waste to use a lynch today for the two of them.

UltraJay

Klawl, so you check Karkhead because they were against you with the likelihood they could be scum OR a PR. If we are town we are supposed to find scum, not PRs.

WHY KARK? If they were 50/50 town PR or scum, why not check the almost lynched, like me and Boo or HyperKitty? Or Flux? The people who look scummy, instead you went for your current enemy.

If Kark is scum, then they knew that they would likely die after Klawl flips scum. Is that a worthwhile trade for a team that claimed Miller? Besides, if Klawl was town and Karkhead scum, then there was a very high likelihood that Blawl would see Karkhead as town (or at least a possibility) and what scum player would pass that up? They would just need to stay quiet to protect the identity of their supposed beneficial power role.

Not buying it. But also not voting on Blarg mainly because I want to see that epic breakdown post.

Well, would this work?

Vote: Blargonaut

Unvote

Ty4on

Seriously, though do we have any other good candidates besides Blawl at this point? Flux and I, I'd think? I know you all are ready to lynch us on policy, but are you willing to ignore Blawl to do that at this point in the game?
Sorry for dancing around the point, but you and Flux have been weirdly quiet this phase. Do you have any idea why?

Coppanuva

"Weirdly," as if Timeaisis isn't usually quiet.

I mean for someone who said:

today I want to dig in to some people. The first obvious pairs to look at are Blawl and Karkerpinhead. One of them is very likely lying. Where we go from there I'm not sure, but I sure as hell don't want to turbo anyone, as I mentioned earlier

Yes. Granted he did post a lot (for timeaisis at least) yesterday.

Warxard

Banned
Hm.

Kark revealed his PR right after Flux and Time admitted their lie correct? Or am I messing the order up?

Cause if this is the case, and seeing the heat taken off of Time/Flux after the fact (note they're still mentioned targets amongst some players) seems like something scum would do.

Karkador

Banned
Blarg and Kawl, I hope for your sake, whatever epic you're typing includes a compelling alternative to dealing with us today, because if it's not you, it's me...and then you're easily going to be next.

TL21xx

Banned
Alright, me and TL will stop agreeing on things and start manufacturing arguments in the thread in 3... 2... 1...

TL YOU FUCK

WHY DID YOU VOTE BLARG

I SAID WE WERE VOTING KAWL

DAMN IT CAMJO, I TOLD YOU TO MOVE YOURS TO KAWL FIRST!

NOW THEY KNOW WE ACTUALLY TALK TO EACH OTHER!!!

In reguards to the lack of "original thought" on my part, I'll try to check in more frequently. It should alleviate that issue.

Timeaisis

Sorry for dancing around the point, but you and Flux have been weirdly quiet this phase. Do you have any idea why?

Flux doesn't want to talk as much today because he talked so much yesterday.

As for me, there's not a whole lot going on right now. The main question is whether or not we lynch Blawl. I've mentioned I'm for it, and voted as such. I don't typically discuss idle points or dance around the same thing over and over. And I haven't seen a good in with someone else to dig into, so I've remained somewhat quiet today. It's my MO, really.

Ty4on

Flux doesn't want to talk as much today because he talked so much yesterday.

As for me, there's not a whole lot going on right now. The main question is whether or not we lynch Blawl. I've mentioned I'm for it, and voted as such. I don't typically discuss idle points or dance around the same thing over and over. And I haven't seen a good in with someone else to dig into, so I've remained somewhat quiet today. It's my MO, really.

Thanks!

I put it out there as my original question, but did you discuss the NeverTim flip during the night?

*Splinter

The issues:

1. [m] Kingkitty & [m] Hyperactivity

1&2. Both reacted quickly and in favour of lynching Blarg. Kitty wasn't jumping to solid conclusion but seemed to favour lynching Blarg first. Hyper went straight for a vote. After Blarg defends, Hyper doubles down on his suspicions.
Hyper also dismisses the idea that both are scum, saying it isn't worth considering at this time (a fair point, I think)

3. Kitty describes Flux's gambit as disappointing but "too stupid for scum"
Hyperactivity was unsurprised, but I can't find any other reaction from him.

Hyper can I get your position on Flux?
Apart from that this all looks reasonable, no further questions here.

Burbeting

Banned
el topo & giant panda (0)
cabot
cabot

launchpadmcq & gorlak (1)
giant panda
ultrajay
coppanuva

kingkitty & hyperactivity (0)
cabot

timeaisis & fluxwavez (1)
gorlak
coppanuva
camjo-z
blargonaut
tl21xx

magnumboy20xx & batsnacks (0)
flame_ac

*splinter & cabot (0)
launchpadmcq

blargonaut & kawl_usc (10)
karkador
zippedpinhead
flame_ac
hyperactivity
*splinter
timeaisis
camjo-z
tl21xx
launchpadmcq
kyanrute
batsnacks

hobohodo & ty4on (2)
fluxwavez
cabot

coppanuva & flame_ac (1)
dusk soldier

karkador & zippedpinhead (0)
gorlak

15 Votes Needed for Majority

*Splinter

The issues:

2. [m] Karkador & [m] Zippedpinhead

1&2. Kill Blarg asap, obviously.
At one point Kark does suggest leaving Blarg alive... I still don't understand why he would do this.

3. I'm not sure here, Kark was definitely hounding Flux early in the day but he also kind of writes that off as just gauging reactions. I thought I remembered Kark suggesting we lynch flux in a policy rather than scumhunt kind of way, but I can't find it. I can't find anything at all from Zipped.

In general I'm just going through posts AFTER Kark's claim, but I also went back to read the start of day 2 knowing that Kark was planning to claim tracker, and I more confidently town read him now. The way he is poking around before his reveal all makes a lot of sense, and I also like this post from Zipped a few hours before the reveal. Basically throwing pre-emptive doubt on there being duplicated roles.

Timeaisis

Thanks!

I put it out there as my original question, but did you discuss the NeverTim flip during the night?

You mean me and Flux? Not really. I think he said damn in response to the flip,but we didn't really talk about the implications of it. We've been pretty quiet in our lover's chat lately, to be honest.

*Splinter

The issues:

3. [m] Timeaisis & [m] FluxWaveZ

1. Flux hasn't actually stated this as far as I can see. He was definitely against Kark earlier in the day, but hasn't actually given much of a reaction to the claim.
Time was more clearly against Blarg, and has already voted as such.

2. Again nothing solid from Flux, but he was quick to point out that we shouldn't assume that 2 trackers is impossible.

3. I think they are still claiming to be town.

Flux I just read over your posts for the last half a day and have no idea where you stand. Do you still suspect Kark after his claim? Who else are you most suspicious of? Should we lynch one of the claimed trackers today or not?

Timeaisis

I know I can't quote, but here's a paraphrase:

*Never flips*
Flux: "Oh, shit. If we live through the night I'm gonna let you do the talking the next day, Time."
Then there was the gif with Snake at his computer on fire and I laughed.
I miss that gif, guys. C'mon Bats, get with the program.

*Splinter

The issues:

4. [m] LaunchPadMcQ & [m] Gorlak

1&2. Strongly against Blarg, particularly after Gorlak brought up the point about the Crab scale. Even before they were decided, Gorlak was clear that one of the two would have to be lynched today.

3. Well Gorlak was voting for Timeflux earlier, but he also admits to being upset by their play, and I get the impression that this is more along the lines of policy lynch than scum suspect. Gorlak can correct me if I'm wrong on this.
Launch seems more trusting of Flux, indicates no desire to lynch him.

These have been relatively reserved today, only throwing shade at me and cabot a "few" times, instead of in every single post :)

Retroid

Going to throw my vote down on Blawl today.

It's the right move today, with the added benefit of clearing up any confusion from their antics. I don't see a point in not turbo-ing it at this point, it will allow us to have our next day phase completely over a weekend right?

Blargonaut

*Splinter

The issues:

5. [m] Blargonaut & [m] Kawl_USC Not wasting time here. Their defense has been wholly unimpressive, and unless we completely lose our minds they are alreadydead.gif

6. [m] UltraJay & [m] Boo Boo'n

1.&2. UltraJay is quite clearly against Blarg, but I can't see if he thinks this is where we should be lynching today.
Boo Boo answered these questions directly, says Blarg should go today and Flux is scum but it would be a waste of time to lynch them today(?) I guess he could mean that Blarg is the priority, but this wording is a little weird.

3. I can't find any reaction from UltraJay to Time's reveal.

BooJay have looked pretty scummy to me throughout the game, although nothing really stood out to me on this particular investigation. I would still like to hear UltraJay's opinion on TimeFlux.

*Splinter

Going to throw my vote down on Blawl today.

It's the right move today, with the added benefit of clearing up any confusion from their antics. I don't see a point in not turbo-ing it at this point, it will allow us to have our next day phase completely over a weekend right?

Blargonaut

I know everyone's schedule is different, but weekends are generally quieter (in past games at least)

*Splinter

5. [m] Blargonaut & [m] Kawl_USC Not wasting time here. Their defense has been wholly unimpressive, and unless we completely lose our minds they are alreadydead.gif

6. [m] UltraJay & [m] Boo Boo'n

1.&2. UltraJay is quite clearly against Blarg, but I can't see if he thinks this is where we should be lynching today.
Boo Boo answered these questions directly, says Blarg should go today and Flux is scum but it would be a waste of time to lynch them today(?) I guess he could mean that Blarg is the priority, but this wording is a little weird.

3. I can't find any reaction from UltraJay to Time's reveal.

BooJay have looked pretty scummy to me throughout the game, although nothing really stood out to me on this particular investigation. I would still like to hear UltraJay's opinion on TimeFlux.

Duh I somehow missed Jay's recent vote for Blarg, guess that answers point 2 at least.

Warxard

Banned
Duh I somehow missed Jay's recent vote for Blarg, guess that answers point 2 at least.

I've shared my opinion of TimeFlux multiple times during the discussion, but basically:

I think they're shady, and the fuck up of their 'role reveal' adds to their shadiness. But I don't want them lynched 'yet', for all I know they could be two townies who thought getting the jump would be a good idea.

I wouldn't put it past Kark/Zipped to be scum alongside of TimeFlux as the sudeent reveal of Blarg/Kawl being phonies lines up a bit 'too well.' As mentioned by Jay before, the use of the tracker role for the first night seems kind of wasted.

I'm still leaning scum on them. Actually, if Night 2 doesn't end up with those boneheads in the grave, then I'll /know/ something's up.

Karkador

Banned
And let me just say, Ultrajay - for someone whom I see pussyfooting around their votes on Blarg on D1, as if for show, this is some suspicious shit

*Splinter

The issues:

7. [m] Coppanuva & [m] Flame_AC

1&2. Flame quickly surmised that Blawl is the more likely scum pair, and voted accordingly. Coppa reacted similarly, backing it up with a vote and by repeating in response to my questions.

3. Seems to trust Time's claim, but definitely floats the prospect of a policy lynch. Kind of looked like Flame was hoping for other's to latch on to this without making a strong push himself. In Coppa's response linked above we can see him also still gently pushing the policy lynch option.

I guess it looks like I'm tunneling here, but I don't like these responses. Lynching Blarg is such an obvious choice that I'd expect scum to be ready for it, so this looks to me like (1 and 2) the safe option, along with (3) pushing a terrible anti-town idea.

FluxWaveZ

Unvote

Holy crap. Alright, just having glossed over stuff since page 39, I figure that the entire conversation has basically been differing interpretations of where the Karkador team stands and where the Blarg team stands? Interspersed with some "FluxWaveZ blah blah," of course.

Alright, was there anything disproving the following?:

1. One of the so-called trackers is not a tracker at all, and are scum.
2. One of the trackers tracked the non-tracker scum team.
3. The non-tracker scum team was the one that carried out the kill against the tracker team on N1.
4. The doctor protected the tracker team.
5. The tracker team saw the non-tracker scum team visit them during N1, while the non-tracker scum team know who they visited because they were supposed to kill the tracker team.

*Splinter

Unvote

Holy crap. Alright, just having glossed over stuff since page 39, I figure that the entire conversation has basically been differing interpretations of where the Karkador team stands and where the Blarg team stands? Interspersed with some "FluxWaveZ blah blah," of course.

Alright, was there anything disproving the following?:

1. One of the so-called trackers is not a tracker at all, and are scum.
2. One of the trackers tracked the non-tracker scum team.
3. The non-tracker scum team was the one that carried out the kill against the tracker team on N1.
4. The doctor protected the tracker team.
5. The tracker team saw the non-tracker scum team visit them during N1, while the non-tracker scum team know who they visited because they were supposed to kill the tracker team.
Both teams knew the other team had targeted them, unless someone was bluffing early (Blarg could have guessed he had visitors, Kark could have guessed that Blarg was talking about him and not the suggested doctor).
But apart from that it isn't exactly "disproved"... but where are you going with this?

FluxWaveZ

Both teams knew the other team had targeted them, unless someone was bluffing early (Blarg could have guessed he had visitors, Kark could have guessed that Blarg was talking about him and not the suggested doctor).
But apart from that it isn't exactly "disproved"... but where are you going with this?

Well, what you're saying is supporting what I'm thinking about. Blarg was the first to hint that the team that they tracked on N1 visited his own team. Karkador then followed that up by claiming that his own team are trackers and he tracked Blarg.

Let's say Karkador's team were scum and they carried out the kill on Blarg's team, which was blocked by a doctor. I was asking if there's anything that directly contradicts that possibility.

There's this underlying assumption that Blarg's team are scum; I guess it's because of the Miller claim. But if everything Blarg and Kawl are saying was true? And Karkador's team aren't trackers at all? Two trackers on opposite teams? Hm.

*Splinter

Well, what you're saying is supporting what I'm thinking about. Blarg was the first to hint that the team that they tracked on N1 visited his own team. Karkador then followed that up by claiming that his own team are trackers and he tracked Blarg.

Let's say Karkador's team were scum and they carried out the kill on Blarg's team, which was blocked by a doctor. I was asking if there's anything that directly contradicts that possibility.

There's this underlying assumption that Blarg's team are scum; I guess it's because of the Miller claim. But if everything Blarg and Kawl are saying was true? And Karkador's team aren't trackers at all? Two trackers on opposite teams? Hm.
I mean I agree it's a possibility, but it doesn't change anything (for me at least). There is still scum between the two, and though this is possible it still seems less likely than Blawl being scum.

If Kark was scum, I don't know why he'd go through all of this. It's at best a 1:1 trade, and unless scum are super scared of a tracker-doctor combo I don't know why they'd bother

FluxWaveZ

I mean I agree it's a possibility, but it doesn't change anything (for me at least). There is still scum between the two, and though this is possible it still seems less likely than Blawl being scum.

If Kark was scum, I don't know why he'd go through all of this. It's at best a 1:1 trade, and unless scum are super scared of a tracker-doctor combo I don't know why they'd bother

Kark would have gone through all this because he would have immediately known who Blarg was hinting about when Blarg said that the one they tracked visited him. It would be to create a reason why he would have visited Blarg's team on N1, before Blarg could reveal the identity of the team they tracked and the suspicion being directed towards Karkador's team.

Just saying. If the assumption is one of them is scum, it'd probably be better to hit the right team today instead of wasting a Town tracker.

Camjo-Z

It's true that this is possible. However, it assumes that the mafia were not only somehow scared enough of a miller to attack them N1, but that maf also thinks straight-up trading maf for a sketchy PR on D2 is somehow a good play.

FluxWaveZ

It's true that this is possible. However, it assumes that the mafia were not only somehow scared enough of a miller to attack them N1, but that maf also thinks straight-up trading maf for a sketchy PR on D2 is somehow a good play.

I think it'd be less about a trade, and more about the fact that they didn't anticipate Blarg's team actually tracking Karkador's, who would have unfortunately been picked to carry out the kill.

In another sense, which teams were the ones to target on N1? Probably mine and Blarg's, right? I would think mafia would go for the least sketchy of the role claims, and I had to hear a whole bunch how mine was sketchy as hell, so they'd probably go for Blarg's because that's the safest guaranteed PR.

Obviously not saying this is totally what happened; I'm not sure myself. But I don't think it should be dismissed.

Ty4on

The big contradiction is what if Blawl tracked the doctor.
They could have bluffed, but it seems very risky.

*Splinter

The issues:

8. [m] *Splinter & [m] Cabot (Blarg, yes today, leaning town on TimeFlux)

9. [m] TL21xx & [m] Camjo-Z

There's really only 2 posts to look at for Tl21, the first is an extremely soft vote on Flux, and the second switches to Blarg (although by now Blarg's lynch is all but certain). I'm used to Tl being on the lower end of activity, and thats fine, but the content bothers me here. I think I've mentioned before that I'm suspicious of these two and should go through for a deeper read on them. Soon™

Cam decides to vote on Blarg, and puts a reasonable amount of detail into his explanation. He's also been pushing Flux a fair bit but I can't tell if this is scum or policy.

Camjo, apologies if I already asked you this, but do you want to lynch Flux because he played poorly or because you think he is scum?

*Splinter

Kark would have gone through all this because he would have immediately known who Blarg was hinting about when Blarg said that the one they tracked visited him. It would be to create a reason why he would have visited Blarg's team on N1, before Blarg could reveal the identity of the team they tracked and the suspicion being directed towards Karkador's team.

Just saying. If the assumption is one of them is scum, it'd probably be better to hit the right team today instead of wasting a Town tracker.

They would have claimed doctor.

They also probably would have waited, because they wouldn't know if Blawl tracked themselves or the actual doctor.

FluxWaveZ

They would have claimed doctor.

They also probably would have waited, because they wouldn't know if Blawl tracked themselves or the actual doctor.

True, though that also sounds a bit risky with the actual doctor potentially coming out and going "wtf." Though maybe mafia would have been willing to make that trade.

Oh wait, sorry, I misinterpreted what you were saying, Ty4on. True, Blarg's team could have actually just tracked the doctor who would have protected them in this scenario, so Karkador's claim would have been jumping the gun.

I see...

*Splinter

I hope this is as dull to read/skip as it is to write

The issues:

10. [m] MagnumBoy20xx & [m] batsnacks

These two have been quite straightforward, Blarg is suspect, should go today. Flux is also lynch worthy and this has been clearly presented as targeting scum rather than a policy lynch.

Ok I've clearly lost interest in this and its been roughly 100% less useful than I hoped. I might look over the remaining couples later but I'm taking a break for now.

So far literally everyone has been more or less down with lynching Blarg except for Flux, but I probably town read Flux more now than I did when I started so thats clearly not worth much.

Regarding other people's positions on Flux, I've asked for clarification from Hyper, Karkhead, UltraJay and Camjo. I'm most concerned about Gorlak and Camjo for pushing for a lynch without making their intent clear (and Floppa for their gentle push of a policy lynch).

Karkador

Banned
Well, that's why Blarg didn't say who they actually saw visit them until Karkador openly stated it, right?

Blarg's statement that they "saw someone, and they looked back" made it clear we truly dealing with another Tracker. We knew they targeted us because we Tracked them.

And there's already plenty of evidence in D1 to see that we were suspicious of their Tracker claim, exactly for the reasons we've stated today. We also left our votes on them as a big red flag.

Ty4on

True, though that also sounds a bit risky with the actual doctor potentially coming out and going "wtf." Though maybe mafia would have been willing to make that trade.

Oh wait, sorry, I misinterpreted what you were saying, Ty4on. True, Blarg's team could have actually just tracked the doctor who would have protected them in this scenario, so Karkador's claim would have been jumping the gun.

I see...

And if Blawl is non-tracker scum they somehow knew Karkhead targeted them...

All of these weird coincidences are why I haven't been super keen on voting either out. I accept it will happen and is probably our best choice, but no way I look at it does the story make much sense. Blawl being scum makes the most sense to me, but still. Powerful scum PR claims their role and miller status D1 with miller status contradicting cop claim (role, not alignment cop) and for the cherry on top the contradicting role claim is retracted.

FluxWaveZ

Flux I just read over your posts for the last half a day and have no idea where you stand. Do you still suspect Kark after his claim? Who else are you most suspicious of? Should we lynch one of the claimed trackers today or not?

Dunno. I'm not convinced one of them is necessarily scum, though I will admit it's likely. I don't know if I necessarily really suspected Kark before, but I sure as hell wasn't town reading him. Don't really think much differently after the claim.

I know this is a scum tell and whatever, but this is hard as hell. I like when I can be convinced a team is scum, but that can obviously be misguided like in D1. If one of the teams has to be lynched, I'd probably just flip a coin at this point...

Or, I guess I'd go with Blarg's team simply because of the miller claim. I heavily doubt we have an actual cop, and I'm suspect of Camjo-Z believing so strongly that there is (or was, not sure if his stance has changed).

Top Bottom