• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare + COD 4: Remastered - Official screenshots

Loxley

XerS4aI.gif
1vVyaD8.gif

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered WILL feature Dedicated Servers!:

http://teambeyond.net/modern-warfare-remastered-announced/

Xfr8QoO.gif

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I said goddamn. i knew it looked too good to be a straight HD remaster. this is a full on remake like Twin Snakes.

M2C3

Neo Member
Man, I'm excited for both IW and MWR. I'm glad to see IW is going boots on the ground, old school military campaign. It's exactly what I wanted from Infinity Ward. And space to boot. I'm going to have a lot of fun in the new CoD.

The remake looks fantastic and with dedi's it will be even better. No more host advantage and games ending because the host left.<----- I hated that shit

ViciousDS

Banned
Captain Reyes, a Tier 1 Special Operations pilot, who takes the helm of the Retribution, one of Earth's last remaining warships.
In a time of unthinkable hardships, Reyes must lead the remnants of coalition forces against a relentless foe in a war that spans our solar system.

Campaign sounds interesting enough......question is, how much will I even care for the multiplayer with the remaster sitting on my drive.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Wow. A remaster is kinda selling it short. This is a full on remake it looks like.

Its not a remake. Just updating the assets of the graphics doesn't make a game a remake. They will likely be keeping all the same soundtracks, all the same voice files, the base skeletons for all the shit that happens will likely be the exact same bar some refinements.

Its literally just the graphics that have been updated similar to Halo Anniversary.

Which is fine, but there's a fine line between that and making an actual entire remake of a game from scratch.

This most likely took them far less effort to do than that would have taken, which is why they can sell it on the cheap.

El_Chino

Its not a remake. Just updating the assets of the graphics doesn't make a game a remake. They will likely be keeping all the same soundtracks, all the same voice files, the base skeletons for all the shit that happens will likely be the exact same bar some refinements.

Its literally just the graphics that have been updated similar to Halo Anniversary.
We don't know this for sure.

Inuhanyou

We don't know this for sure.

Its not confirmed sure, but if they really remade CODMW legit, they would not be giving it away for an extra 20 dollars, nor would they have put Raven of all people on it, not to diss Raven, they are great...but the relatively lesser effort necessary for this update was convenient.

We already know they are keeping the voice files anyway, since in the trailer, price has the exact same voice files for the beginning mission.

SDCowboy

Which is fine, but there's a fine line between that and making an actual entire remake of a game from scratch.

This most likely took them far less effort to do than that would have taken, which is why they can sell it on the cheap.

I guess it depends on what you consider a remake. For the visuals to be this greatly overhauled, it verges on remake territory, IMO. To me a remaster is more just upressing, better lighting and maybe some improved textures.

SDCowboy

I hope the gun sounds have been improved/updated in the remaster. It would be a shame for MWR to look this good now but have the guns still sound like a pea shooter. lol

Lettuce

Has anyone actual played Modern Warfare in the last few years....im betting the actual campaign doesn't really hold up anymore!!

I bet they end up balancing all the weapons (a'hem... M16), perks and streaks judging by the amount of work that went into the maps!!! At least i hope.

True bummer that they're forcing you to buy IW though (even though i'm buying it i understand why others just want MW)

xkramz

G3 baby my MF G3 is gonna be mine again!! i cannot wait. i had a 42% overall accuracy because i only used the g3

Inuhanyou

I guess it depends on what you consider a remake. For the visuals to be this greatly overhauled, it verges on remake territory, IMO. To me a remaster is more just upressing, better lighting and maybe some improved textures.

To be fair 'remaster', in game terms anyway, is just a PR term made at the beginning of this gen for enhanced re-releases of already made games, like how slapping "HD" on PS3 and 360 re-releases of 6th gen games was fine.

They aren't remakes in that sense despite some of the scale of the enhancements(like Halo 2 Anniversary or this game).

But i can definitely see where your coming from. The lines can seem to blur based on the changes made.

Has anyone actual played Modern Warfare in the last few years....im betting the actual campaign doesn't really hold up anymore!!

Played All Ghillied up a few months ago. I was struck by how silent everything was for the majority of the mission. Very subtle and nicely done.

Portugeezer

I bet they end up balancing all the weapons (a'hem... M16), perks and streaks judging by the amount of work that went into the maps!!! At least i hope.

True bummer that they're forcing you to buy IW though (even though i'm buying it i understand why others just want MW)

... fuck outta' here with that BS.

They are staying true to the original.

This is definitely a real remaster. About time. I was getting tired of merely resolution-bumped ports.

Compared with the likes of Valkyria Chronicles, where the "Remaster" is just a port of the PC version with a shitty Ambient Occlusion effect slapped on that clashes with the artstyle. (And screwing up the UI textures somehow. It looks so pixelated in the gameplay I've seen.)

CHC

Those gifs are astonishing. COD might not be the graphical forerunner or anything but how anyone can say with a straight face that "they all look the same" is beyond me.

As an aside, I'm actually kind of impressed with how well the 2007 graphics hold up. Not really bad looking by any measure, looks perfectly clean and functional.

Portugeezer

You think so? I wonder if they will as it was probably the least balanced COD from MW-BO3.

They said so themselves. They could tweak minor stuff such as the M40A3 ACOG glitch, but I wouldn't expect much more.

What other things do you think were unbalanced? M16 was fine IMO, best AR in the game but MP shooters usually have a favourite.

Alienous

WTF this is a remake, not a remaster!?!

No, it's a really good remaster.

"Remaster (also digital remastering and digitally remastered) refers to enhancing the quality of the sound or of the image".

That's what they're doing. It's just that we get a lot of lazy remasters.

Top Bottom