• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare + COD 4: Remastered - Official screenshots

The Best Buy product description says about IW multiplayer :

Call of Duty Infinite Warfare will incorporate the popular chain-based movement system.

Maps are designed to further leverage the chain-based movement system and immerse players into fast, fun and frantic gameplay that players have come to expect from Call of Duty.

Welp, the minute I finish IW's campaign it's being traded in, won't even bother loading the multiplayer. Especially not when COD4R has multiplayer.

im still hyped for space but this time i wont jump in day one, i still havent played BlOps 3 outside of a couple of matches (way too many games and time consuming at that)

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
All that saying generic and uninteresting seems be a all because of Nostalgia, now if you said you no trust IW, then I would get you. That said, not a IW fan so I shall wait and see.

In a field of futuristic shooters stretching back to 2012, a relatively low key and modern setting is a breath of fresh air.

Also..it seems this got the Halo anniversary treatment, with the assets staying much more faithful to the source material.

I LOVE IT! :D

And no one seems to give a shit. All everyone wants is Cod4 again and several people are saying how exciting CoD4 looks because it's modern military and how boring IW looks because it's spaceships and colonies.

People said this with Black Ops III, too. That game sold amazingly well, and still has a healthy group of players in multiplayer. At some point, no one seems to give a shit really means that you don't give a shit. That's fine, not every game should be for everyone, but let's be real.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Nice PC screens! I like the materials on the suit and glass visor.

I bought COD 1, COD: UO COD 2 and COD 4.

I honestly at the end of the day liked COD UO more than all the other games although COD 4 was the second best. Have not purchased one since because seeing it so horribly annualised immediately soured my brain more so than the repetitive gameplay almost.

Right, I think the audience *before* CoD4 is also a good fit for it.

Armadilo

Banned
Which when you think about it is hilarious. Activision could sell more copies of a remaster than a brand new CoD for less money than it costs to develop the new game, and they don't want to do that? Okay then. Money on the table.

$60 new COD plus $50 Season Pass = more $$$ then a cheap Remastered game

RedSwirl

Ultimate proof that had Activision and IW never made another COD after MW1, and just kept releasing content for MW1... people will still be happily playing it. Shit, many are. Main reason Activision is even doing this is probably to get those people to upgrade.

Generic is starting to become one of my most disliked words. It's used to incorrectly on GAF it's unbelievable.

How can you call Infinite War generic looking, then praise MW in the same breath? IW objectively has more artistic creativity in due to the simple fact it's not relying on a bog standard 21st century modern setting.

Looking forward to both. I missed out on the COD4 craze back in school. Was too busy playing DMC4 and Folklore while MW fever swept my school. But I'm ready this time. Let's see what the fuss is about.

On a side note, is Titanfall 2 meant to come out this year too? BF5, CODIW/MWR, Destiny expansion and Titanfall 2 seems like shooter overkill.

_woLf

Welp, the minute I finish IW's campaign it's being traded in, won't even bother loading the multiplayer. Especially not when COD4R has multiplayer.

Man, I hate CoD's MP these days. It's so batshit insane and random that it isn't even fun anymore.

I really hope they release MW remaster separate. Otherwise I'm concerned the MP community will never be there for it.

etta

my hard graphic balls

Same, I'll give IW MP a few rounds before fully deciding, but at the moment I'm really disappointed with the idea.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
It's from the campaign. Which actually lends to yet another amazing point for COD4 - a lot of the MP maps are repurposed single player areas, but they work so extremely well.

WTF!? I always thought it was the other way around! That the MP maps were put into the campaign!

Man, I hate CoD's MP these days. It's so batshit insane and random that it isn't even fun anymore.

I really hope they release MW remaster separate. Otherwise I'm concerned the MP community will never be there for it.

Same, I'll give IW MP a few rounds before fully deciding, but at the moment I'm really disappointed with the idea.
I'll just take the weekend that it comes out to blaze through it and trade it in. I should get at least $40 for it. With GCU only paying $64 for the Legacy Edition I make out pretty good.

speedomodel

Hahaha they can fuck right off with this. Guess I'll trade it in after campaign and MW.

I really thought IW would pull through this year...

Release MW on its own, let it be embraced by all and sundry, then simply build on it as a platform. New and remade maps, some non-shitty micro DLC and you've got something people want and will continue to play for years. It'd be a hell of an earner with relatively little cost to maintain.

Stop making us buy Infinite if we don't want it. If its a good game, it can stand on it's own two feet. The bundling makes me think that Activision don't have confidence in it and basically need MW1 as stunt-casting.

Also, this virtually assures IW is going to be one of the most traded-in games of all time. Tons of people will buy it, redeem the code for MW and trade it right back without even leaving the store.

tuxfool

Banned
Generic is starting to become one of my most disliked words. It's used to incorrectly on GAF it's unbelievable.

How can you call Infinite War generic looking, then praise MW in the same breath? IW objectively has more artistic creativity in due to the simple fact it's not relying on a bog standard 21st century modern setting.

Looking forward to both. I missed out on the COD4 craze back in school. Was too busy playing DMC4 and Folklore while MW fever swept my school. But I'm ready this time. Let's see what the fuss is about.

On a side note, is Titanfall 2 meant to come out this year too? BF5, CODIW/MWR, Destiny expansion and Titanfall 2 seems like shooter overkill.

I think part of the criticism (though generic is reductive) is that COD4 can get away with it because it is targeting a certain realm of reality. Imagination is not required because these things exist in reality and what people want is the best approximation of that.

IW on the other hand looks like they take the formula of today and futurize it, but not really investing in the kinds of world building and scenarios that are interesting or (in lieu of that) even outlandish. Sci-Fi realism only works if you're committed to it, where the devil is in the details and nuance, which isn't something modern COD has typically dealt with.

SDCowboy

Release MW on its own, let it be embraced by all and sundry, then simply build on it as a platform. New and remade maps, some non-shitty micro DLC and you've got something people want and will continue to play for years. It'd be a hell of an earner with relatively little cost to maintain.

Stop making us buy Infinite if we don't want it. If its a good game, it can stand on it's own two feet. The bundling makes me think that Activision don't have confidence in it and basically need MW1 as stunt-casting.

I can't see it happening. Think of how many people are going to buy the new COD just for, or primarily for, MWR.

Kalentan

Hahaha they can fuck right off with this. Guess I'll trade it in after campaign and MW.

I really thought IW would pull through this year...

They're releasing MW:R to basically shut up people who want the old ways. They're telling them that if they want that, they can just play endlessly MW:R.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
IW looks like another generic future shooter,

MW:R is the real star of this show

I mean, I'm not interested in IW that much either, but - though COD4 is still great - comparing it to the modern warfare shooter that we've seen an exponential times in the years since then is head-scratching.

GavinUK86

Just booted up my PC copy of MW to try to compare 'em. Not sure if that other comparison was console footage of the original MW.
iw3sp_2016_05_02_18_2dgssh.png
kRPgCrX.jpg

garyizraw

Banned
Well the remaster looks better than the brand new game, take away the spaceship and the trailer would have seriously put me to sleep

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Well the remaster looks better than the brand new game, take away the spaceship and the trailer would have seriously put me to sleep

I think you need to go to specsavers.

Infinite Warfare looks amazing. I hope it has a decent campaign.

ktroopa

I agree completely, more excited with the remaster. IW failed to get any rise out of me. Simply dull imo. Looks like you fight robots too, weeee looks like fun :S

iNvid02

Is it true they aren't selling MW1 Remastered separate? They are making you buy IW Legacy to get it?

i dunno but theres a few ways it could play out

1. they hold cod4 remastered hostage with infinite warfare's launch for a short while, piss people off and encourage buying and reselling the latter just so people can play cod4.
2. they price cod4 remastered standalone at $60 to make the 80 legacy look like a good deal, again piss people off but it wouldnt matter as much, if you want it buy it
3. best case is cod4 standalone is $40 and available to buy separately day one

sad that you gotta label something reasonable as 'best case scenario'

Top Bottom