• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just saw a mom bird feeding her kid at Costco

Status
Not open for further replies.
YQYKc3l.jpg

Buzzati

Banned
I've never seen anyone black or Hispanic bird feeding, so I'm not going to take an editable-by-anyone Wikipedia entry as gospel lol

Here's another one: http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm6009a2.htm

Black caregivers more frequently reported ever premasticating food, compared with non-blacks (37% versus 20%, respectively; PR = 1.8)

I don't know why you have to be ashamed of this time-honored tradition of barfing into your children's mouths. Be proud, paleofuture proto-parent.

massoluk

Banned
I've never seen anyone black or Hispanic bird feeding, so I'm not going to take an editable-by-anyone Wikipedia entry as gospel lol

It wasn't bloody odd or rare. I was one of the kids raised by pre-chewed in my country, lol. It's how kids eat meat before they have all their teeth

Technically it does not. It was a stupid offensive thing to say, yes, but not racism.

It is racism. But I don't mind racism used to call out gross shit like that.

lthough less prevalent in modern post-industrial Western societies, the offering of premasticated foods to infants is found in many traditional cultures and offers their infant numerous benefits.[17] In North America, premastication is still commonly used by Black and Hispanic mothers,[18] and commonly used by women of Inuit and Aleut peoples.[19]

No matter against whom. Shame on my people if this is true.

Prax

I'm vietnamese.
My mom used to do this for spinach broth stuff, since spinach gets really chewy and stringy. She'd chew up the spinach enough that I could swallow it easily.
That I remember this probably put me at the age of.. 2-3?

I don't think it's a big deal. Parenting leads to all sorts of strange acts out of necessity. lol

One of my friends bites of the tip of her daughter's fingernails/toenails because clipping them is a lot more difficult. It was suggested by her pediatrician or dula. I wonder if I'll try something similar.

I've seen and read about some gross shit on the internet. This could top them all.

You clearly havent seen two girls one cup if this could top them all.

One of my friends bites of the tip of her daughter's fingernails/toenails because clipping them is a lot more difficult. It was suggested by her pediatrician or dula. I wonder if I'll try something similar.

I totally do the for my baby who is 5 months old. Not toenails but fingernails.

GamerJM

Banned
This is probably a dumb question, but what makes this inherently more unhealthy or gross than making out with someone or the thing they do in romance movies (idk if they do it in real life) where two people drink out of the same cup?

It's definitely kind of weird and something I'd probably notice if I was in public, but that's only because it's not something that's culturally seen as normal.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Anecdotal but my first white friend when I was a little kid used to eat mayo sandwiches. Like thin ass wonderbread with THICK chunks of mayo. Get grossed out thinking of it. Like obviously it's not indicative of anything real but god damn son, you set me up here for a lifetime of jokes breh. I'm sure everyone has those weird one offs though so w/e

I am white and this shit is so good. Fat as hell, but so good.

Also dont really care when people say white people do weird shit cause we do and even if you dont that is like a fraction of an ounce of what non white people have to deal with in most of the world.

How old was the child and do you know what the food was? As a father of two I don't really think this is all that odd if it's for a baby; it's probably a good way to get them to eat apple or something.

I'm vietnamese.
My mom used to do this for spinach broth stuff, since spinach gets really chewy and stringy. She'd chew up the spinach enough that I could swallow it easily.
That I remember this probably put me at the age of.. 2-3?

I don't think it's a big deal. Parenting leads to all sorts of strange acts out of necessity. lol

Parents are just strange. So many fad things they'll jump on when raising children. That last thing is also weird. I can't even google that.

I think we need a compilation of all the strange habits parents do.

This is probably a dumb question, but what makes this inherently more unhealthy or gross than making out with someone or the thing they do in romance movies (idk if they do it in real life) where two people drink out of the same cup?

It's definitely kind of weird and something I'd probably notice if I was in public, but that's only because it's not something that's culturally seen as normal.

They're the same level of gross. You wouldn't make out with a stranger.

Monocle

Ew. What? Ewww.

Something about the idea of mixing saliva with food and then giving it to someone else puts me off.

They're the same level of gross. You wouldn't make out with a stranger.
I'd much rather make out with a stranger than eat their chewed up food.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom