• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport Unveiling live stream discussion (incl. FIA Championship gameplay)

I wonder if any of the devs are actually proud showing this off..? I would be embarrassed personally.

I think this depends on whether PD or Sony came up with this idea to show it off at this time.

Also showing it now instead of during, and having the races after or during E3, is pointless, because they have to show it at E3 anyway for their 2016 line-up and to push VR. They should have given us some gameplay trailers only.

moon on the castle! should be the trailer instead of what we have XD

I don't know what's worse, this one or the GT5 one (Planetary GO or something). I miss MOTC.

these car and tire sounds remind me a lot of Driver 1

hqdefault.jpg

Still remember that game.

Razgreez

I have to concur with the "unrealistic looking" nature of the racing. But then I had the same issue with GT5 and GT6. When I used to download, load and scrutinise the ghosts of the players which set the fastest times the cars which set them very often sappeared to move in the most unrealistic manners - as if denying the laws of physics

It was something that, if I'm honest, rather irritated me and appears to have been carried over

bud

I don't know what's worse, this one or the GT5 one (Planetary GO or something). I miss MOTC.

hqdefault.jpg

Still remember that game.

i remember renting this game for a day and never making it out of the garage

still... that wasn't nearly as depressing as watching today's unveiling of gts

they're playing it in lan mode and it still lags

how

I think GAF races in GT5 with full damage already looked better than this. Pretty sure if they had had full damage/it was a more serious competition with actual training, big money rewards, longer than 10 minute races, etc it would look way more "professional".

To be fair the last race looked a bit better. It still didn't really look believable, but those guys at least looked like they were racing.

But remember there's apparently multiple(?) tournaments this stream?

It is more than just racing clean, it all looks off. Nothing looks natural about it, from the collision physics to the tire model to the way these guys know how to exploit the GT physics engine still. That MX Cup cars behaved nothing like MX cup cars. They behaved like a generic GT car.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm confused by what it is trying to be

It's a sports focused game which apparently excuses why it only has 1/3 the premium cars that GT6 had - but then why bother having photo mode with lots of different locations, which is a feature more aimed at a normal GT where you collect tons of cars.

c0de

i remember renting this game for a day and never making it out of the garage

still... that wasn't nearly as depressing as watching today's unveiling of gts

they're playing it in lan mode and it still lags

how

Perhaps played via WiFi.

jett

D-Member
Frame-rate is terrible. What is going on here?

Why would they show something that runs worse than GT6 in 1440x1080 mode?

I'm seeing improvements but...nothing that justifies this.

Well, there's a reason most Japanese developers have abandoned the pretense of creating their own graphical engine.

I mean, this game just looks unbelievably poor.

These cars sound a little better. The series has never, ever gotten the "sound versus camera perspective" thing right beyond third person view.
That's the whole idea of "stuck in 2010". Like they didn't improve enough on that great formula they had back then. So other games came from behind and passed them. That's what stuck in 2010 mean.
This series has been jinxed by how gigantic a step up GT3 and 5 were in terms of features; first mainline on each console. This doesn't look like it's in line to continue that trend. I'm not sure if banking on this spectator and competition stuff was the best idea. The FIA license is actually very big, but not something I'm sure is possible to translate down to the average player as a thing they should care about.

I have to concur with the "unrealistic looking" nature of the racing. But then I had the same issue with GT5 and GT6. When I used to download, load and scrutinise the ghosts of the players which set the fastest times the cars which set them very often sappeared to move in the most unrealistic manners - as if denying the laws of physics

It was something that, if I'm honest, rather irritated me and appears to have been carried over
There's the visual appearance that the cars have no weight or inertia, mind you when watching replays in F6 at times it looks like that too, the cars in pcars look so good in motion coming on hard braking and taking kerbs

It is more than just racing clean, it all looks off. Nothing looks natural about it, from the collision physics to the tire model to the way these guys know how to exploit the GT physics engine still. That MX Cup cars behaved nothing like MX cup cars. They behaved like a generic GT car.

Oh yeah, I know what you mean. Mentioned it a few posts back as well. I wish we got offline replays because online replays always look wonky (slow network tick rates at very high speeds (even a 60hz tickrate is slow at 250km/h).

Juicy Bob

It's a sports focused game which apparently excuses why it only has 1/3 the premium cars that GT6 had - but then why bother having photo mode with lots of different locations, which is a feature more aimed at a normal GT where you collect tons of cars.
And why is the racing gameplay EXACTLY THE SAME as the previous GTs?

Like gutterboy says, the actual racing experience looks no different. It looks so... old.

herod

can't help but think that PD have failed to scale up to HD development, and are now firmly left behind. They struggled badly to get GT5/6 out in timely fashion and they've made no progress on improving their engine in all that time.

terrible

Banned
Holy hell the sounds just keep getting worse.

edit: when they were revving their engines before the start of the Nordschleife race.. yikes.

Aisen

Neo Member
I'm sure I'll still get it and love it but man I wish they skipped adding all those photo mode locations and spent that time/money on engine optimization and nicer tracks. Cars are looking great.

Likely this is GT7, and Sony (or PD or both) wanted this out before they really touched on certain areas.

Arex

lol at these drivers crashing everywhere, we're gonna get yellow flags all the way until the end of race I suppose

So is this a completely separate project from GT7 or should any of this be considered as the current work in progress?

The footage looks like a remaster of GT6.

it must be a seperate Project, because the VR support is only for GT Sport anounced. This is the reason why the graphics we see here are not as good as many thought because the VR and normal 3D version must be "on par".

GT7 however is completly unrestricted from any VR versions ( at least for now). So we can expect beyond Driveclub graphics from that release.

you know those compressed barking dog sounds you used to here in old Atari/Gen/SNES games?

But I seriously have no idea why they are doing this now instead of E3, but likely still going to show it at E3.

That battle and pass at the end was legitimately fun to watch, and both drivers stayed completely clean. Spectator options are... actually not bad.

The full course caution needs some adjustments. Something like the virtual safety car in F1 that holds all gaps while slowing everyone.

Top Bottom