• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't lost faith yet. This time in two weeks it will be gone but after last year anything is possible. Anyway EA lies.

It's been a year after EA said no. Bioware are completely quiet but you would think they would and you would think they would try and kill the idea of it happening. They should lock the year old thread of the Bioware forums saying it's not happening or at least comment saying it's not happening.

Hell if Shinobi commented saying it's not happening I would believe him. I trust him more than EA.
It's not happening.

1000%

Patryn

But now the question is why

It doesn't take away from BioWare's current projects and if anything helps boost EA's health and budgets
Because in EA's view the money needed to make it happen is better spent elsewhere and they would rather focus on the future of the series and leave Shepard behind, most likely.

Honestly it doesn't matter. It's not happening, we need to move on.

Ghazi

I'm perfectly fine with no remaster. Bioware/EA NEEDS to fix the DLC pricing though, or at least put them on sale more often. Even if they can't accomplish this on consoles, they control the prices directly on their own storefront on PC. They're really old and some, including myself, already bought them on another platform.

diaspora

I'm perfectly fine with no remaster. Bioware/EA NEEDS to fix the DLC pricing though, or at least put them on sale more often. Even if they can't accomplish this on consoles, they control the prices directly on their own storefront on PC. They're really old and some, including myself, already bought them on another platform.

It was literally 30% off last week.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Finished Mass Effect 1 and currently onto Mass Effect 2 with all the DLC installed and texture mods/mods for shortening load times. I still adore Mass Effect 1 to bits but I'm definitely enjoying Mass Effect 2 more in comparison to the first time I played it. Playing Vanguard class and it's been a lot of fun so far.

Lucreto

This time next week we will be processing all the Mass Effect Andromeda information we will be getting.

It's the only thing I will be interested in in EA's conference.

diaspora

Playing through the trilogy in anticipation of Andromeda is a good idea, but IMO I might wait until closer to release. Of course if I'm doing it for screenarchery then it might take 6+ months to actually get through anyway.

Lucreto

Playing through the trilogy in anticipation of Andromeda is a good idea, but IMO I might wait until closer to release. Of course if I'm doing it for screenarchery then it might take 6+ months to actually get through anyway.

I plan to start during the summer once I get through Uncharted 4.

Patryn

I'm currently playing through Dragon Age Inqusition, although my attention is starting to wander (probably because I just clocked 105 hours with a Warrior, but reached level 27 and realized I messed up activating the Even Ground trial because now there's no more progression left even with several main story missions and 2 DLCs left, so I started over as a Rogue for the 2nd time and I'm now another 50 hours in about halfway through the game) so I'm curious if Mass Effect is in my future...

Mindlog

Hypothetically. A weapon from the original trilogy appears in a trailer. What will it be?
A) Avenger
B) Carnifex
C) Claymore
D) Widow
E) Other (please specify)

Avenger I think is a lock. Widow/Black Widow has a decent shot as well, being the signature BFG. If they bring back Heavy Weapons, the Cain.
e: Oh, in a trailer? Avenger for sure.

WhiteWolf

I loved every single tiny moment with Jack in ME3. Such a damn shame she couldn't rejoin the squad. So much character growth... relegated to the background.
Preaching to the choir here, she was one of my favorites. I just wish she was more useful in combat in ME2, her powers weren't too helpful on insanity.

DOWN

Banned
Avenger can be missed to perfection in ME 1 and on replays of ME2 I used it because it is obviously the best look when you aren't in a bind

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
7 days.

Prepare your asses.

Not sure how much you know about the reveal, but I'm seriously hoping they reveal the whole squad and we get a good look at their personalities. I want to know if we'll get interesting characters again. Just seeing a Turian or a Krogan are not going to be enough.

Patryn

Not sure how much you know about the reveal, but I'm seriously hoping they reveal the whole squad and we get a good look at their personalities. I want to know if we'll get interesting characters again. Just seeing a Turian or a Krogan are not going to be enough.

I'm going to be contrary and say I hope we don't get this. I'd like to see a few squad members and their personality, but it can be fun if you don't know who EVERYBODY is going into things.

Given that I'll probably go into information lockdown after E3, I'd like just a taste of what's to come and not the whole smorgasbord.

dr_rus

I'm pretty sure that revealing the whole squad won't happen until the game's launch as that's actually part of the gameplay. We'll probably see some expected human / asari / turian / salarian members though.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm going to be contrary and say I hope we don't get this. I'd like to see a few squad members and their personality, but it can be fun if you don't know who EVERYBODY is going into things.

Given that I'll probably go into information lockdown after E3, I'd like just a taste of what's to come and not the whole smorgasbord.

Yeah, i guess the main squad(the guys who'll be with you in the first few hours) would probably be a better idea. No point in showing squad members you'll only get half way into the game.

screw you fffffffflight lieutenant.
you are such a showoff. :p
They knew MS had the publishing rights for ME1 when they bought BioWare. EA and MS had discussions after the buyout, I'm guessing they worked out a deal that would allow EA to bring ME1 to PC asap, and that ME2 would be first on 360/PC for a year. Of course, That's just conjecture on my part.

I suspect EA putting out ME Trilogy on multiple platforms had more to do with the timing of the publishing rights expiring relatively close to them wrapping up the trilogy. I doubt it was something they were thinking about back in 2008.

Publishing rights are weird. ME1 still is listed as a MS game on the 360 back compat page on Xbox One, and was even part of the last MS Studios sale. I know Donald Mustard from Chair said in a Giant Bomb video that the reason they were able to put Shadow Complex on Steam and PS4 was because they only recently got the publishing rights for it.
cool, thanks. it's interesting that this whole scenario sounds quite similar to me to the crash bandicoot scenario with sony and activision. and when colin moriarty said during the Ps3 review of Me2 that Me1 would remain a 360 console exclusive I believed it.

because to this day the original trilogy of crash is still playstation exclusive...ME isn't.

I don't want them to do an info blowout as big as ME2 because they revealed pretty much everything. I don't want them to go the ME3 route either because (of feedback to ME2 info) they revealed too little.

A middle ground would be nice.

DOWN

Banned
They definitely revealed too many story and conversational moments for ME2 and somewhat for ME3. Hopefully they just give us some near dialogue free demos of exploring a planet, walking through one of the linear story missions, and some combat. I just want a vibe of the gameplay atmosphere.

diaspora

iirc, the Avenger was crap even by human standards in the ME-verse. It's why the Valkyrie was made Alliance standard issue in ME3 according to the lore.

you are such a showoff. :p
cool, thanks. it's interesting that this whole scenario sounds quite similar to me to the crash bandicoot scenario with sony and activision. and when colin moriarty said during the Ps3 review of Me2 that Me1 would remain a 360 console exclusive I believed it.

because to this day the original trilogy of crash is still playstation exclusive...ME isn't.

Oddly enough, ME1 is still 360 exclusive in Japan. It released in 2009, and has pretty cool cover art.

diaspora

This is probably the only thing that makes Mass Effect 1 playable for me nowadays:
Code:
Bindings=(Name="MiddleMouseButton",InputMode=BIO_INPUT_MODE_NONE,Command="SloMo 10 | OnRelease SloMo 1",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)

Essentially turning middleclick into a 10x fastforward button. Never going into an elevator or a mako without it.

You definitely won't get that. In fact, "blowout" is much too strong a word I think. It'll be real good stuff, but I think everyone should temper themselves and not expect a deep dive Fallout or even Horizon style.

I know that's different than what I insinuated before but, well yea.

Patryn

You definitely won't get that. In fact, "blowout" is much too strong a word I think. It'll be real good stuff, but I think everyone should temper themselves and not expect a deep dive Fallout or even Horizon style.

I know that's different than what I insinuated before but, well yea.

Hmmm.

I sense a disturbance in the force.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom