• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindlog

Full lineup available in the Gaming OT.
t1465761600z4.png

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I can't believe we're only a few hours away from seeing gameplay.

Prepare to be disappointed in how little they'll show.

I want to see combat, mako exploration, an example of a city hub, character power customization, galaxy map, space travel/combat(?), the new "Normandy", a few of our squadmates, shit like that.

I'm expecting too much, am I?

DOWN

Banned
I expect a brief look at some hub/story locations, a slightly less brief view of exploration planets and mako, and a handful or dialogue/story scene clips. All of this in one 2 or 3 minute trailer followed by some screenshots and more descriptive commentary by bioware

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Hope this isn't all we're getting this week. =/ The "tell you more this fall" wasn't encouraging. Guess I was right sooner... Dammit

At least we saw a little more...?

Patryn

I officially am now concerned about it making the Q1 2017 window, if that's all they're showing at the E3 prior to release.

I don't think I'd be shocked to hear it pushed back to Fall 2017.

Wow, they're really shy about showing this off. Every six months we get a little glimpse of the art design and a Mako.

Can't wait to see more landscape plates in the fall.

Lucreto

I lowered my expectations after Shinobi posts a few days ago but I expect a little more than that.

As least a Krogan and Asari are confirmed but I won't be happy until Quarian crewmate.

Patryn

To be fair we did get gameplay snippets.

She seemed white. Though so does my sister.

Bare snippets.

I had hoped for 30 seconds of footage. I don't think we really got that.

It was mostly in-engine "CG" bullshit. Honestly would rather they'd just wait until they're really ready to show it.

Showing gets an F from me.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Hey, a brown woman being shown prominently.

I didn't see a brown woman, you mean the Pathfinder at the end? She was caucasian I'm pretty sure...either way, who cares?

I loved everything I saw, and that gameplay footage was looking AMAZING, holy shit Frostbyte is the business. That Tempest looks rad too: worthy successor to my beloved Normandy: my hype is ready.

I'm gonna go ahead and guess Fall 2017.

That asari was cute.

I think the earnings call from EA a bit ago (when the delay happened to 2017) said Q1 2017 for release, I could be wrong though.

diaspora

Bare snippets.

To be fair, March is like 9-10 months away.

Showing gets an F from me.
Me too. I don't know how much is an inability to show it off, or an unwillingness until closer to release.

edit: Manveer confirmed the graphics we saw in the trailer were in-game.

I think the earnings call from EA a bit ago (when the delay happened to 2017) said Q1 2017 for release, I could be wrong though.

You're a little off IIRC. FY Q4 being the Jan-March period.

jmood88

She seemed white. Though so does my sister.
She's kinda light but definitely not white. Plus, Manveer Heir liked my tweet about it and didn't correct me, so I'm taking that as confirmation.

I didn't see a brown woman, you mean the Pathfinder at the end? She was caucasian I'm pretty sure...either way, who cares?
I, and a bunch of people at Bioware, care about more diversity in player characters.

Patryn

I suspect he was predicting that it will be pushed back.

Which, again, at this point I could believe.

I don't understand EA's reluctance to show off this game.

diaspora

She's kinda light but definitely not white. Plus, Manveer Heir liked my tweet about it and didn't correct me, so I'm taking that as confirmation.

It's not that I can't see it, I'm just mixed on whether or not it's the case. Would be nice for my sister to have a main character to be the same gender/ethnicity as herself at least.

Shinobi said they wanted to do a Fallout style unveil to release, but if the game is 9-10 months off, they wouldn't be able to do that until like September.

Lucreto

I expected the Mass Effect Andromeda segment to be as long as the FIFA one.

I thought the woman was Caucasian but it was the low level lighting making her look darker.

Patryn

It's not that I can't see it, I'm just mixed on whether or not it's the case. Would be nice for my sister to have a main character to be the same gender/ethnicity as herself at least.

If that was Ryder, I doubt they'll ascribe an ethnicity to the character. The default model, sure, but I doubt they'll have anything referenced in-game.

Unless they remove the character creator. At which point it's fuck this game and flip over the table for me.

Shinobi said they wanted to do a Fallout style unveil to release, but if the game is 9-10 months off, they wouldn't be able to do that until like September.

Entirely possible. I could see the plan being an N7 day blowout.

But that showing couldn't help but lead to some questions about how ready the game is. Curious to see how Bioware responds. You can already see a narrative taking hold on GAF.

diaspora

If that was Ryder, I doubt they'll ascribe an ethnicity to the character. The default model, sure, but I doubt they'll have anything referenced in-game.

Unless they remove the character creator. At which point it's fuck this game and flip over the table for me.
I don't think they're going to enforce a gender/race, I just mean it's nice to see the lead marketing skin be that.

Entirely possible. I could see the plan being an N7 day blowout.

But that showing couldn't help but lead to some questions about how ready the game is. Curious to see how Bioware responds. You can already see a narrative taking hold on GAF.

I think N7 is likely though curiosity about the state of the game isn't unreasonable.

At this point I'm pretty sure they're saving up their big guns for N7 day, though I wouldn't exactly call that a good idea.

Expect it to get delayed to fall 2017.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member

To be totally honest, I'm happy for them to push this back as often as they want, as long as EA doesn't force push it out the gate early for quicker sales: feels like they learnt from ME3's slight undercooked vibe: that gameplay shown looked amazing.

Patryn

Curious if this media strategy is Bioware's or if EA doesn't want ME to steal some Titanfall's thunder.

EIther way I think it's a mistake.

Unless the game really is behind and it's going to be pushed back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom