• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

18 Minutes of New Persona 5 Footage

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Wow. Tokyo Mirage Sessions was incredible (basically Persona 4.5) so they have some big shoes to fill though...

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Please don't let the cat turn into some stupid fucking kid.

tumblr_mnjsg0Mdbq1rzkxhio3_400.gif

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Yeah I have to vote with the majority here, Teddie is garbage. The cat is already leagues better (I mean, it's a CAT, how can it not be awesome?).

Hopefully Persona 5 has at least one character as great as Junpei, Mitsuru, or Kanji.

tskeeve

I'm super excited for P5, but is anyone else put off by the UI? It's ridiculously "busy." I feel like I'm getting eyestrain from just a few minutes exposure to the dialogue boxes.

All signs point to Morgana being a girl.

I'd be more worried about her turning into another waifu than turning into an annoying kid like Teddie.

And this is coming from someone who liked Teddie. JRPGS are fully of shitty mascot characters, and Teddie is easily one of the best ones.

EDIT: And the video is down now.

wmlk

I'm super excited for P5, but is anyone else put off by the UI? It's ridiculously "busy." I feel like I'm getting eyestrain from just a few minutes exposure to the dialogue boxes.

It's going to look more manageable with English text and whatever obviously, right now it's just a bunch of shapes that don't mean anything to us.

I generally feel the same way, though. After the first trailer back in March of last year I was sure that the UI would be just incredible. After letting it sit and not being continually impressed by it, it's just there and garish at times. I've said it in another thread, but I definitely prefer Persona 4's UI.

P5's makes it feel like a comic, whereas P4's makes it feel like a digital valet. I prefer the latter.

wapplew

That retro gaming mini game is a button smasher, not a real video game, disappointing...
Combat music 10/10

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Jb

Atlus: "Make our promotional material easily available to consumers? Why on earth would we do that?!"

tskeeve

It's going to look more manageable with English text and whatever obviously, right now it's just a bunch of shapes that don't mean anything to us.

I generally feel the same way, though. After the first trailer back in March of last year I was sure that the UI would be just incredible. After letting it sit and not being continually impressed by it, it's just there and garish at times. I've said it in another thread, but I definitely prefer Persona 4's UI.

P5's makes it feel like a comic, whereas P4's makes it feel like a digital valet. I prefer the latter.

Fair enough, hopefully English text will make it less of a strain on the eyes. I feel like smaller dialogue boxes may have been less garish, even if they kept the same design.

Definitely agree with your comic/digital-valet comparison.

VertPin

Good lord...those all out attack ending pieces of artwork are so stylish.

It just makes me want another TWEWY. It hurts, SE.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Teddy was awesome because he was annoying. Morgana wishes she will be as memorable and annoyingly awesome as Teddy...
I both liked and hated him, actually. His human form was kind of hilarious though. Especially his weird friendship with Nanako. Fucking Teddy, man.

I'll watch this gameplay video when I get the chance. My excitement for this game is at defcon 5. Or whatever the highest level of defcon is...

Top Bottom