• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

18 Minutes of New Persona 5 Footage

Wow Yusuke's cut-in portrait looks absolutely manic lol.
Fishing minigames! Crossword minigames!
And I'm glad for our first look at battles with ingame sound.

Crossword puzzle

Gv5tjnG.jpg

The localization just got 2 weeks longer. Lol

Yu Narukami

I hope the cat doesn't talk all the time. It could become annoying. After recently quitting Lightning Returns after 10 hours playtime, I'm having Hope flashbacks.

Man, looks awesome. At the same time, I can't help but think this will be a localization nightmare. I don't think I've seen so many styles of text infused into the art like this before. Good luck, Atlus!

edit: And I see others have the same feeling.

Zukuu

Banned
Only watched the first ~1 minute video and can already say this will be a god damn masterpiece. The music is top notch and fitting and the presentation is among the best I have ever seen. Just a normal dialogue interaction oozes so much "style" already, it could be called "art".

ckohler

I've been saying this for a while but all that animated text in the UI is going to be a nightmare to localize. It actually makes me worried they won't make the U.S. release date OR they might cut corners and take out all of the slick animation. :/

On an unrelated note, I like how one of Futaba's emote sounds is just her humming:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_17zN782aQk

Zolo

Only watched the first ~1 minute video and can already say this will be a god damn masterpiece. The music is top notch and fitting and the presentation is among the best I have ever seen. Just a normal dialogue interaction oozes so much "style" already, it could be called "art".

Yeah. The whole game seems to be a pretty big improvement on Persona 4.

Fjordson

This game looks amazing. And every piece of music is great.

I worry a little about all the slick animations and UI flourishes for the English release, though. Wonder if they'll be able to keep all that intact when translating.

Setsu00

Haru and Yusuke are the ones we easily know the least about.

Kajita, one of the hosts of PSC, acknowledged that during the stream, actually. He thought Yuusuke was the most intriguing male character, but we barely know anything about him.

That was the MC's voice though.

I've been saying this for a while but all that animated text in the UI is going to be a nightmare to localize. It actually makes me worried they won't make the U.S. release date OR they might cut corners and take out all of the slick animation. :/

On an unrelated note, I like how one of Futaba's emote sounds is just her humming:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_17zN782aQk

I guess those crossword puzzles are at least part of the reason why the game has a five month delay. Hardin DID mention that we'd see why it would have to be delayed.

What would be so hard about localising the crossword puzzle? They could create new hints and solutions for the west, right? I ask out of genuine curiosity.

Obviously if there are multiple crossword puzzles, like maybe it could be a morning activity you could choose to do, then that would be insane.

See the cat is fine, and she'll probably become human at some point (hidden Waifu?).

Just don't let them fill her dialogue with cat puns...

Actually, given P4's tendency to use Japanese honorifics, why didn't they just let Teddy say "kuma" at the end of sentences?

Zolo

See the cat is fine, and she'll probably become human at some point (hidden Waifu?).

Just don't let them fill her dialogue with cat puns...

Actually, given P4's tendency to use Japanese honorifics, why didn't they just let Teddy say "kuma" at the end of sentences?

Pretty sure Morgana's avoided that. I think her thing is that she talks like a gangster or something.

Aters

Kind of funny that they showed so many different activities while I'd probably ignore most of them just to get all the S-Links (if they are in the game of course).

Morgana's teeth though.

So each character still has one tarot card attribute, and Anne's is The Lovers (surprise surprise).

Frimaire

God damn, this game is so stylish!
Also what the hell happened in the last clip on that youtube playlist?
He's like in a bath or something then he's passed out on the floor?

Top Bottom