• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

18 Minutes of New Persona 5 Footage

Thud

Persona 5 goes for a different approach in theme. It doesn't need all those colors to express itself.

If we were to compare the two, persona 5 is going for the artistic design and TMS goes for the fabulous design. Just a matter of what you prefer.

The animation is leagues better in persona 5. You can tell that even with crappy streams.

Persona 5 goes for a different approach in theme. It doesn't need all those colors to express itself.

If we were to compare the two, persona 5 is going for the artistic design and TMS goes for the fabulous design. Just a matter of what you prefer.

The animation is leagues better in persona 5. You can tell that even with crappy streams.

TMS has great animations in battles and I don't see P5 being 'leagues better' in animation.

I have never played a Persona game. I have no idea what is happening and have done little research on what this actual game is or what the series is about. But I will pick it up because everyone who talks about it is so hyped and that hype has infected me. It's contagious...

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Dude "Fly in the Sky" still Brings back memories when I hear it. Loved that game and the translation was good. You guys deserved a pat on the back, well done.

Thanks! Our team didn't do the translating, but we made sure the game was fully localized, and that the translation itself didn't have grammatical errors or an off translation. It was a fun game, even if the story was fucking ridiculously cliche. I love the battle system, and I wish more RPGs had Grandia's battle system. lol.

WaterAstro

How could anyone pick TMS? Persona 5 is literally artstyle Personafied.

I couldn't resist.

We shouldn't just look a static shot of the environment, Persona 5's camera angles, loading screen, the UI, THE UI GRAPHICS! It's so amazing and stylish.

TMS is just playing catch up, and I don't even think it's as good as Persona 4, especially when it comes down to music.

Kthulhu

Ahh, so she is basically Alice from Heaven's Memo Pad. NEAT + hacker + physically underdeveloped. Maybe there's new trope of NEAT girls.

hqdefault.jpg

Some of you guys have lost your minds. Repent ye sinners. i mean one look at any of the battles where the MC doesn't even wait for the loot, he just gets back on the grind and it's easy to see who wins with style. TMS has nothing like that, and LOL at the outfits in TMS, censored rubbish. Need I repost some of these all attack .gifs? I mean beat some mobs down and take a sec to sip some tea? Come on man, get your eyes checked.

Totakeke

There's no doubt that P5 has much better production values in almost all aspects than #FE. Though the #FE theme allows them to do pretty spectacular special attacks specific to each character that I haven't seen anywhere else.

This video has all or most of them, the duo arts past the 13 minute mark are worth watching and definitely has more effort put to them than the generic all out attack animations in the Persona series. Beware of boss spoilers at the last minute though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa0j8t83UUg

By the way, the first 18 mins of P5 just has so many things done right that I can't imagine people who like jrpgs not be sucked in right after.
Plus there's a mole in your group? What a better way to start a mystery.

I prefer the background aspects of TMS to Persona 5, the colored generics feel more lively even if its more diverged from reality, that and the generics in P5 don't have faces, its really creepy. However, animation wise, P-team put the Catherine Engine to work in the animation department, it's definitely superior to TMS and the fluidity of the UI and how 3D objects transition to 2D without being jarring is simply gorgeous to behold. Also the speed is very fast, the combat speed is probably as fast as its going to be for 3D turn based combat. They've gotten pretty much everything right, high flavor with minimal detraction from speed and flow. Despite still using one more, I can potentially see someone enjoying this combat more than something like SMT4.

There's no doubt that P5 has much better production values in almost all aspects than #FE. Though the #FE theme allows them to do pretty spectacular special attacks specific to each character that I haven't seen anywhere else.

This video has all or most of them, the duo arts past the 13 minute mark are worth watching and definitely has more effort put to them than the generic all out attack animations in the Persona series. Beware of boss spoilers at the last minute though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa0j8t83UUg

By the way, the first 18 mins of P5 just has so many things done right that I can't imagine people who like jrpgs not be sucked in right after.
Plus there's a mole in your group? What a better way to start a mystery.
So watching that video, the duo attacks look good. A bigger production of the 'Ultimate' attacks in classic JRPGs in general. Definitely new to the Persona series, except those smaller duo attacks in Persona 4 Golden. We haven't seen any duo attacks in Persona 5, but there is a chance of them being included. Fingers crossed. Maybe combined attacks from specific Personas?

How could anyone pick TMS? Persona 5 is literally artstyle Personafied.

I couldn't resist.

We shouldn't just look a static shot of the environment, Persona 5's camera angles, loading screen, the UI, THE UI GRAPHICS! It's so amazing and stylish.

TMS is just playing catch up, and I don't even think it's as good as Persona 4, especially when it comes down to music.

Yeah, I agree completely. I've never been so excited about a game's art style. P5 looks purely amazing. TMS looks so generic in comparison, imo. My god, I can't wait for P5.

Top Bottom