• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

18 Minutes of New Persona 5 Footage

As someone who worked on localization of Grandia 3 back at Square-Enix many years ago, yeah, localization of an RPG is fucking rough. lol. I enjoyed working at Square for that short time on that project, but yeah, it's crazy how much work you put in making sure that the localization isn't busted.

Dude "Fly in the Sky" still Brings back memories when I hear it. Loved that game and the translation was good. You guys deserved a pat on the back, well done.

DedValve

Banned
Crossword puzzle

Gv5tjnG.jpg

Atlus stepping up their region locking.

Parfait

Teddie dragged Persona 4's cast down as far as he possibly could. What an awful, annoying character. At least Morgana doesn't seem to just be a Teddy replacement.

Literally what

He was the saving grace of a game that was inferior to the predecessor in almost every way but combat, and I hated the mascot part of him.

Unless I've missed something they didn't show any Social Links at all.

I wonder how are you going to get access to higher level Personae this time. Some sort of quest?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Literally what

He was the saving grace of a game that was inferior to the predecessor in almost every way but combat, and I hated the mascot part of him.

If you like edgy teen drama, unlikable, over dramatic tension and general inferior game design sure.

Aters

If you like edgy teen drama, unlikable, over dramatic tension and general inferior game design sure.

It depends. In this particular case (P3), I think the edgy teen drama and over dramatic tension are handled really well and I like them a lot, more than anything P4 has to offer.

If you're going into a confessional it implies you have some belief.

Not really. This is Japan after all, where births are Shinto, weddings are Christian and funerals are Buddhist, and people will tell you they aren't religious on the way to pray at the local temple. Religious belief is rather nebulous, even its Christianity—which tends to be more strictly demarcated than the others.

Its also an SMT (kinda) game, where actual religious practices take a back seat to symbolism. In this case the symbolism of "I confess my sins of overwriting that awesome skill, plz forgive me Lord."

PK Gaming

No but I think there's a possibility the half-American blonde girl is.

Anne: “Why are you calling me to a confessional all of a sudden!? Of all places!”

Anne: “Did I ever do anything to you?”

Protag:
>> It’s for the sake of our Operation
> Something good will happen

Anne: “Ah… I get it.”

Anne: “Just so you know, I’ve never been at Penance before, so I don’t know how this works…”

Anne: “But I guess learning doesn’t hurt… huh? Alright… Let’s go in.”

source

It's possible the clip with Ryuji and the MC watching TV is part of Ryuji's social link.

The dating sim elements are clearly there but what I meant is that this time it seems you don't level up social links, therefore there must be something else that helps you level up your arcana.

Zolo

The dating sim elements are clearly there but what I meant is that this time it seems you don't level up social links, therefore there must be something else that helps you level up your arcana.

Yeah. That convo leveled up the charm stat, so it didn't seem to have to do with cooperation.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

"Edgy teen drama" can also be described to picture Persona 4 rather fittingly, you know.

For heaven's sake in it there's a strong focus on an angsty teenager expressing her angst through the form of poems. If that is not "edgy" I don't know what is.

Korigama

"Edgy teen drama" can also be described to picture Persona 4 rather fittingly, you know.

For heaven's sake in it there's a strong focus on an angsty teenager expressing her angst through the form of poems. If that is not "edgy" I don't know what is.
Marie is godawful, and has much to do with why I'm glad I never played the Vita version for myself (Atlus' insistence on making her happen when building upon P4 through P4G, spin-offs, and multimedia wasn't welcome, especially since they used P4AU as an excuse to finally make her addition to the series stick).

Jb

Marie is godawful, and has much to do with why I'm glad I never played the Vita version for myself (Atlus' insistence on making her happen wasn't welcome, especially since they used P4AU as an excuse to finally make her addition to the series stick).

You hate her but you've never played P4G?

EndMerit

Marie is godawful, and has much to do with why I'm glad I never played the Vita version for myself (Atlus' insistence on making her happen when building upon P4 through P4G, spin-offs, and multimedia wasn't welcome, especially since they used P4AU as an excuse to finally make her addition to the series stick).

As said, she's also in P4AU, which I have actually played and not simply just watched.

Didn't she only have like 2 lines in 1 velvet room scene? Saying that Atlus used Ultimax to make Marie stick sounds really exaggerating to me. Hell, Theodore had 10 times her screentime, and he's the only thing that got out of P3P.

I can't be bothered to hate Marie. Her personality isn't great, especially in contrast to rest of P4 cast, but I can give or take her "significance" in P4's story.
Her DLC song is the best track in Dancing All Night though.

Korigama

Didn't she only have like 2 lines in 1 velvet room scene? Saying that Atlus used Ultimax to make Marie stick sounds really exaggerating to me. Hell, Theodore had 10 times her screentime, and he's the only thing that got out of P3P.

I can't be bothered to hate Marie. Her personality isn't great, especially in contrast to rest of P4 cast, but I can give or take her "significance" in P4's story.
Her DLC song is the best track in Dancing All Night though.
Oh yes, she had very little screentime in it, around the beginning and then outside of the Velvet Room at the end of the story. It was still enough to leave a negative impression (at best, I was merely neutral toward her initially, having simply thought that she had a terrible design and that maybe the fans' hatred for her could've been overstated).

To elaborate, when I said that they used it to make it stick, since the P4A games are treated as canonical continuations within the series, I meant they used it as an excuse to make her actually count as part of P4's story instead of being something unique to P4G that could be ignored without anything changing (this didn't apply to the original P4A, where she didn't show up or was even mentioned at all).

Top Bottom