• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June 2016 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes July 12th

Ryng_tolu

Banned
You're all wrong actually...

ALL Pokemon is trash!

1307737417001.jpg

No, not all Pokémon.

Kyogre, Groudon, or Rayquaza doesn't matter, those are all great.

The REAL terrible Pokémon is Pikachu!!!!!!!

#BURNPIKACHU

Yes, i always hated that little bastard... :p

Javin98

Banned
Well that's true. I was talking about Shappire and Rubine only though :D but yeah in Emerald you have all trio, so yeah...

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?!??!?! No, just no. :p

Kyogre > Groudon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rayquaza

Let's be serius, i understand if you like it as design, those are opinions, but if we talk about who is the stronger, Kyogre is withouth doubt the stronger Pokémon of gen 3.

hands down!
But, but, but.... Dragon type and those bad ass patterns. :p

Seriously though, I haven't played Emerald in years and back when I did I always had Rayquaza on my team. I was too young back then to compare stats and all, so what do I know. What I do know is that Rayquaza is one of my favorites along with Charizard. :p

Y'all whipper snappers get off my lawn with your Groundones and Rayquartzs. Moltres, Zapdos and Articuno are and forever shall be the only legendary Pokemans worth a damn. OG is best G. Look into your hearts you know it to be true.
Well, Gen 1 is easily my second favorite gen and has the best starters, hands down. But Gen 3 will overall be the GOAT for me. :p

How can anyone honestly say that these over-designed monstrosities

are better than the timeless simple design of these magnificent beasts

There is no dispute here. OG is best G. Deal with it.

yes, personally I prefer Yveltal over Yveltal

don't think I didn't catch that edit!

Javin98

Banned

are better than the simple, timeless, and immediately recognizable design of these magnificent beasts

Don't know, if you ask me, Gen 3 had the best designs for the new Pokémon and the Gen 3 legendaries are the best designed legendaries in the whole franchise IMO. The birds are definitely timeless, though. Now, that Gen 6 legendary. That looks terrible to me.

Welfare

Y'all whipper snappers get off my lawn with your Groundones and Rayquartzs. Moltres, Zapdos and Articuno are and forever shall be the only legendary Pokemans worth a damn. OG is best G. Look into your hearts you know it to be true.
Lol

I wanna say 2003 - 2009 was my Pokemon high. I got Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Leaf Green, Pearl, Platinum, and both GameCube RPG's and played all of them to completion. Some more so than others.

I replaced my fat DS with the DSi in Summer 09 and was content with it, and then the 3DS was announced and it was $249. Completely killed my hype for the system and never bothered to pick it up even after all the years. Hopefully the NX handheld is cheap.

Gen 3 > 1 > 4 > 2

Ryng_tolu

Banned
But, but, but.... Dragon type and those bad ass patterns. :p

Seriously though, I haven't played Emerald in years and back when I did I always had Rayquaza on my team. I was too young back then to compare stats and all, so what do I know. What I do know is that Rayquaza is one of my favorites along with Charizard. :p

Trusth me, i'm a Pokémon Player since YEARS, and i almost always win a battle online and with friends. :p

Talking about before gen 6 (or in others words, before the mega evolution) Rayquaza was very strong, but seriusly, the defense with the ice was SERIUSLY too low... ice with Rayquaza was super effective x4, and has even a low defence... one attack, and he's death.

And the attack Rayquaza has, great and all, but i mean...

Kyogre and Groudon have that attack with 100% prediction and 150 points (i don't know how this attack is called in english, in italian is "Eruzione" and "zampillo"), not to mention the attack which has only 30% precision, but ALWAYS kill the Pokémon. (in italian "Purogielo" and "abisso")

With the mega evolution, i must say, Rayquaza is becomed a monster... but also Kyogre and Groudon have the mega evolution :p the gap is probabily smaller, expecially cause now the ice is only super effective x2 and not x4 with Rayquaza, but still, Groudon and Kyogre are stronger... by a huge margin, expecially Kyogre.

Charizard too... withouth mega evolution is not bad, but nothing of special. With the mega evolution Y is a beast.

That's also why i love the mega evolution :p many guys hated it, but it strengthens you'r favourite Pokémon which were too weak! (specially the starters)

Can't wait for Mega Empoleon xD

I hope the desing is way better than this though ò_ò

Javin98

Banned
Gen 3 > 1 > 4 > 2
LOL, high five, man. This is exactly how I rank them as well. ;)

Trusth me, i'm a Pokémon Player since YEARS, and i almost always win a battle online and with friends. :p

Talking about before gen 6 (or in others words, before the mega evolution) Rayquaza was very strong, but seriusly, the defense with the ice was SERIUSLY too low... ice with Rayquaza was super effective x4, and has even a low defence... one attack, and he's death.

And the attack Rayquaza has, great and all, but i mean...

Kyogre and Groudon have that attack with 100% prediction and 150 points (i don't know how this attack is called in english, in italian is "Eruzione" and "zampillo"), not to mention the attack which has only 30% precision, but ALWAYS kill the Pokémon. (in italian "Purogielo" and "abisso")

With the mega evolution, i must say, Rayquaza is becomed a monster... but also Kyogre and Groudon have the mega evolution :p the gap is probabily smaller, expecially cause now the ice is only super effective x2 and not x4 with Rayquaza, but still, Groudon and Kyogre are stronger... by a huge margin, expecially Kyogre.

Charizard too... withouth mega evolution is not bad, but nothing of special. With the mega evolution Y is a beast.

That's also why i love the mega evolution :p many guys hated it, but it strengthens you'r favourite Pokémon which were too weak! (specially the starters)

Can't wait for Mega Empoleon xD

I hope the desing is way better than this though ò_ò
Well, I never played past Gen 4, so I have no idea how much boost Mega Evolutions give. Hell, I have no idea how to mega evolve your Pokémon in the first place. :p

And yeah, Rayquaza is extremely vulnerable to Ice, but back then, I never played online. I regularly just defeated the Hoenn League and then kinda stopped there and start a new playthrough when I felt like it. With Rayquaza being much higher levelled than most of the League's Pokémon and having really high attack stats, most of them would go down in one hit, so I didn't have much to worry about. The only Elite Four to be concerned of was the Ice based one, but that's what Blaziken was for. :p

As for the one hit KO moves, I believe it's Fissure for Groudon and Sheer Cold for Kyogre. Also, Groudon's drought ability used with Solar Beam is instant win. :p

are better than the simple, timeless, and immediately recognizable design of these magnificent beasts

"Over-designed Pokemon" is exactly the reason why I stopped paying attention after around Gen II.

The simplicity of Gen I's designs makes them timeless (well, except for Jynx).

Gen 4 > Gen 3 > Gen 2 > Gen 1 > Gen 6 > Gen 7

Sorry, i get the "nostalgia", but Gen 1 whila has a better story than Gen 2, the gameplay is withouth doubt better on Gen 2.

The psycho type is overpower... with a Mewtwo you destroy literally everyone.

Uh, ain't that kinda the point though?

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Lol

I wanna say 2003 - 2009 was my Pokemon high. I got Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Leaf Green, Pearl, Platinum, and both GameCube RPG's and played all of them to completion. Some more so than others.

I replaced my fat DS with the DSi in Summer 09 and was content with it, and then the 3DS was announced and it was $249. Completely killed my hype for the system and never bothered to pick it up even after all the years. Hopefully the NX handheld is cheap.

Gen 3 > 1 > 4 > 2

Gen 4 > Gen 3 > Gen 2 > Gen 1 > Gen 6 > Gen 7

Sorry, i get the "nostalgia", but Gen 1 whila has a better story than Gen 2, the gameplay is withouth doubt better on Gen 2.

The psycho type is overpower... with a Mewtwo you destroy literally everyone.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Also, Groudon's drought ability used with Solar Beam is instant win. :p

Haha, no, that's the point. :p

Groudon has a statistics base of "only" 100 in special attack, which is not bad, but Kyogre has a special defense of FUCKING 140.

No way it kill Kyogre with one attack, and most likely not even with two. :p

BUT, Kyogre with "zampillo" (the attack with 100% precision and 150p in italian) disintegrate Groudon...literally.

Kyogre has a statistics base of 150 for the special attack compared to special defense of Groudon at 90, and "Zampillo" is super effective... KO with ONE attack. xD

Uh, ain't that kinda the point though?

But where is the fun?

I mean... you have Mewtwo, you won. Too easy.

Javin98

Banned
Haha, no, that's the point. :p

Groudon has a statistics base of "only" 100 in special attack, which is not bad, but Kyogre has a special defense of FUCKING 140.

No way it kill Kyogre with one attack, and most likely not even with two. :p

BUT, Kyogre with "zampillo" (the attack with 100% precision and 150p in italian) disintegrate Groudon...literally.

Kyogre has a statistics base of 150 for the special attack compared to special defense of Groudon at 90, and "Zampillo" is super effective... KO with ONE attack. xD
To be fair, I didn't even say Groudon would defeat Kyogre with one Solar Beam hit. You jumped to that yourself, LOL. :p

And yes, thanks to you, I'm now looking up stats again. I feel like a kid again! :p

Also, I can't find that move that you said Kyogre could use. The 150 power, 100% accuracy move? I believe Groudon's equivalent move is Eruption, but it's not that powerful.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
To be fair, I didn't even say Groudon would defeat Kyogre with one Solar Beam hit. You jumped to that yourself, LOL. :p

And yes, thanks to you, I'm now looking up stats again. I feel like a kid again! :p

Oh right sorry, i though you was talking about Kyogre VS Groudon xD

Aaaaaand you are never too old for play Pokémon, rememb this! :p

Also, I can't find that move that you said Kyogre could use. The 150 power, 100% accuracy move? I believe Groudon's equivalent move is Eruption, but it's not that powerful.

Huum, you are wrong.

Eruption has 150 power and 100% precision.

One of the stronger attack ever. Kyogre has a similar attack, but is water and not fire.

Javin98

Banned
Oh right sorry, i though you was talking about Kyogre VS Groudon xD

Aaaaaand you are never too old for play Pokémon, rememb this! :p

Huum, you are wrong.

Eruption has 150 power and 100% precision.

One of the stronger attack ever.
Well, you're mostly right, but according to Bulbapedia, the power of Eruption varies. It's only at 150 power if the user is at full health. It proportionally scales down if the user loses health. Still an awesome move, though. I can't find Kyogre's equivalent move, though.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Well, you're mostly right, but according to Bulbapedia, the power of Eruption varies. It's only at 150 power if the user is at full health. It proportionally scales down if the user loses health. Still an awesome move, though. I can't find Kyogre's equivalent move, though.

Yeah i missed to say it :p Eruption has 150 if you have all life.

If you for example, let's say a Pokémon has a total of maximum 300ps, if you have 300/300 ps, eruption has 150 attack.

If you have 270/300 ps, Eruption has 135 attack

If you have 240/300 ps, Eruption has 120 attack, if you have 210/300 ps, Eruption has 105 ecc.

If you only have 1 ps, then DON'T use eruption, is totally silly. xD

Javin98

Banned
Yeah i missed to say it :p Eruption has 150 if you have all life.

If you for example, let's say a Pokémon has a total of maximum 300ps, if you have 300/300 ps, eruption has 150 attack.

If you have 270/300 ps, Eruption has 135 attack

If you have 240/300 ps, Eruption has 120 attack, if you have 210/300 ps, Eruption has 105 ecc.

If you only have 1 ps, then DON'T use eruption, is totally silly. xD
LOL, yeah, I got that. Don't suppose you could go around looking for Kyogre's equivalent move? :p

RexNovis

Banned
I never played it and until you got banned thought it was part of pokemon lol.

Hah well its certainly understandable for someone unacquainted with either franchise. They are indeed very similar concepts but varied greatly in exectution. Pokemon was a much simpler easier to understand system and I think thats one of the biggest reasons as to why Pokemon captured the zeitgeist in a way that Digimon was never able to. But I digress.

Not sure what sort of games you enjoy playing but if you enjoy older JRPGs you should consider picking up Digimon: Cyber Sleuth game. It can be had pretty cheaply at this point and its basically an old school turn based JRPG with a lot of modern sensibilities and conveniences thrown in for good measure. It also helps that I absolutely loved the art design for the game

but its definitely not for everyone.

I'm really glad it went on to exceed all expectations from Bandai Namco though. Word seemed to spread quickly about how good of a turn based JRPG it was. Hopefully it means we see more of this type of game in the future. Currently only Persona 5 has been announced to scratch that itch.

Lol

Gen 3 > 1 > 4 > 2

Best ranking, for sure.

Crystal is the best Pokémon game of all time. All time!

donny2112

I've always thought 30 was the point of no return as far as being "old" is concerned myself. Any particular reason you chose 24 specifically?

The premise is that it's awkward for someone out of High School/Undergraduate to still hang out with those school age kids. Undergraduate would typically go 4 years but many do it in 5, so that's 23. Therefore, anything past 23 is too old to comfortably hang out with kids, which makes you old at 24 and above.

NPD discussions haven't been this interesting for Nintendo fans since ???.

Thought this was the Nintendo Downloads thread for a bit. The ND thread is sort of a general Nintendo Discussion thread, too. Guess Pokemon fever is going everywhere. Would love to see the MOM % increases when July's NPD comes out for all the old Pokemon games still being tracked. (^_^)

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Summary of June NPD results, with some consideration from Aqua

"Overwatch May 2016 Console Total: 361k
Overwatch (PS4): 203k
Overwatch (XBO): 158k

Overwatch June 2016 Console Total: 423K
Overwatch (PS4): 222K
Overwatch (XBO): 201K

Note that the XBO share for Overwatch significantly rose this month.

Top sellers this month:
Overwatch: 423K (222K PS4, 201K XBO)
Doom: (similar demand to Uncharted)
Uncharted 4: 160-190K
Call of Duty: Black Ops III: 268K including bundles (204K on Sony platforms, 64K on Microsoft platforms)
GTA V: 233K in total (100K on Sony platforms, 133K on Microsoft platforms)
Kirby: Planet Robobot: >160K, #4 on the retail standalone charts below Uncharted 4
NBA 2K16: 160K
Minecraft (Wii U Edition release sold really well, above Tokyo Mirage Sessions and #2 for Nintendo outside Kirby)
Destiny: The Taken King
LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens

LTD track:
Dark Souls III by Bandai Namco
April 2016: 504K
June 2016: ~80K
July 2016: <60K, but not significantly

Disappointments:
Mirror's Edge: Catalyst: 99K (Similar sales to Mirror's Edge Catalyst: FIFA 16 which sold 97K, The Division, Sony's MLB 16: The Show, Black Ops III without bundles)
Battleborn: <20K (complete collapse from May)
Tokyo Mirage Sessions: >30K, but not significantly
Mighty No. 9: <40K, but not significantly
Mario & Sonic at the Rio Olympic Games: <25K, but not significantly
Star Fox Zero + Star Fox Guard: Not doing very well at all in Nintendo catalog, Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros, etc. sold above it this month

Monthly software sales (revenue):
PS4: -19% YOY (-27% MOM)
WIU: -29% YOY (+84% MOM)
XBO: -30% YOY (+9% MOM)
Industry: -31% YOY (-1% MOM)
....Takeaway: The industry suffered steep declines in software because of the dirge of big releases last June (Splatoon, Elder Scrolls Online, Arkham Knight), but PS4 was least affected

Monthly Software ASP growth:
Sony Consoles: -8.1% YOY
Microsoft Consoles: -10.7% YOY
Nintendo Consoles: -12.8% YOY
Industry: -11.7% YOY
....Takeaway: Games are getting sold at cheaper prices lately

Monthly hardware sales (units):
PS4: -36% YOY (+13% MOM)
WIU: -51% YOY (+37% MOM)
XBO: -28% YOY (+98% MOM)
Industry: -32% YOY (+44% MOM)

Major Publisher Revenue:
Activision Blizzard: +97.6% YOY, 17.96% Marketshare ($43.1 million)
Nintendo: -14.2% YOY, 14.76% Marketshare ($35.4 million)
Electronic Arts: +23.8% YOY, 9.29% Marketshare ($22.3 million)
Take 2 Interactive: -18.7% YOY, 7.93% Marketshare ($19.0 million)
Sony: +63.4% YOY, 7.44% Marketshare ($17.9 million)
Ubisoft: +8.7% YOY, 4.88% Marketshare ($11.7 million)
=
Total software: $240.0 million
=
These six publishers comprise 62.26% of the June 2016 USA software market."

- Aquamarine on GamrConnect / VG Chartz

-------------

GTA V is IMMORTAL.
Black Ops III is still insane.
Great month for Kirby! Massive increase compared to Triple deluxe.
Also great first month for Minecraft Wii U.

donny2112

Summary of June NPD results, with some consideration from Aqua

"Monthly hardware sales (units):
PS4: -36% YOY (+13% MOM)
WIU: -51% YOY (+37% MOM)
XBO: -28% YOY (+98% MOM)
Industry: -32% YOY (+44% MOM)"

- Aquamarine on GamrConnect / VG Chartz

Last month:
360+PS3+PS4+WIU+XB1 = 362.3K
362.3K + Wii (basically 0) + PSV (~2K per week?) + 3DS (>72K) ~= 370.3K + 3DS

This month:
360+PS3+PS4+WIU+XB1 = 505.1K
505.1K + Wii (basically 0) + PSV (~2K per week?) + 3DS ~= 515.1K + 3DS

=>

(370.3K + 3DS_may)*1.44 ~= (515.1K + 3DS_june)

If 3DS_may = 72K, then 3DS_june ~= 122K.
If 3DS_may = 80K, then 3DS_june ~= 133K
If 3DS_may = 90K, then 3DS_june ~= 148K

And none of these match Nintendo's 39% increase either MOM or YOY. :lol

Kill3r7

GTAV is ridiculous. It's not even that good. And there's no marketing anymore. Why is it still selling like this?

Same reason Minecraft has continued to sell incredibly well since release. Mass market appeal. GTA V will continue to chart on and off until GTA VI comes out.

Apt101

GTAV is ridiculous. It's not even that good. And there's no marketing anymore. Why is it still selling like this?

My guess, many of those people purchasing a PS4 or XBO each month, or in recent months, are picking up a copy of GTA V as well. It's the franchise everyone gets.

My guess, many of those people purchasing a PS4 or XBO each month, or in recent months, are picking up a copy of GTA V as well. It's the franchise everyone gets.
It's like WiiSports, a minigame collection. You can cycle, swim, fly planes, play golf, tennis, shoot people and much more.
Just the story arc is slightly better.

Apt101

It's like WiiSports, a minigame collection. You can cycle, swim, fly planes, play golf, tennis, shoot people and much more.
Just the story arc is slightly better.

You jest (I guess?) but I've seen dads and their teenage daughters bond over a session of GTA when they can't ever agree on anything else.

You jest (I guess?) but I've seen dads and their teenage daughters bond over a session of GTA when they can't ever agree on anything else.
I never jest, I exaggerate.
If you could turn on a "kid safe" mode, without gun use, blood and swearing, this would be it.

Top Bottom