• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June 2016 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes July 12th

If you liked Chrono Trigger though you might want to give I Am Setsuna a try.

I like Chrono Trigger because of how many places you went, some of the crazy stuff that happens and the humor.

All I hear about Setsuna is that it's one environment, a deeply self-serious and predictable story, and really one note.

Like, the style of the game is the same, but the substance looks absolutely mindnumbingly boring.

At least TMS seems really crazy in some interesting ways?

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Both SKUs of New 3DS (Red and Black) sold out on Amazon....

Man, feel like that Nintendo 5 million expectation for the FY is gonna be crushed :p

You're right of course, but you see the concern; selective data is inherently more flawed than raw data, and combining the two veers towards misinformation rather than information.
I agree that retail data is sharper than "all in one", at least if you want to measure retail data.
Nevertheless, only a few weeks ago there was big mourning all over that we only habe retail and it tells us nothing in the end because of digital sales missing.

Now the cake is eaten and we want to keep it because we suddenly realize it's been so much better before.
It's like Brexit.

Shin-chan

I like Chrono Trigger because of how many places you went, some of the crazy stuff that happens and the humor.

All I hear about Setsuna is that it's one environment, a deeply self-serious and predictable story, and really one note.

Like, the style of the game is the same, but the substance looks absolutely mindnumbingly boring.

Well i look forward to the update in the next prediction thread on how you got on with TMS. I think it's a much better game than Setsuna so far.

RexNovis

Banned

Ah yea you're right it's very one note as far as environments and writing goes. If variety/crazy is what you're looking for then yea it would'nt work. Fair enough. As gorgeous as the art is it's very much a single coherent theme and setting throughout.

Funnily enough Cyber Sleuth is all sorts of wacky and over the top in the setting and writing departments. But I don't think the gameplay would appeal to you as its old school turn based style.

Shin-chan

Ah yea you're right it's very one note as far as environments and writing goes. If variety/crazy is what you're looking for then yea it would'nt work. Fair enough. As gorgeous as the art is it's very much a single coherent theme and setting throughout.

Funnily enough Cyber Sleuth is all sorts of wacky and over the top in the setting and writing departments. But I don't think the gameplay would appeal to you as its old school turn based style.
This is a shocking reminder that I still haven't bought Cyber Sleuth. How is the story, such as it is?

RexNovis

Banned
This is a shocking reminder that I still haven't bought Cyber Sleuth. How is the story, such as it is?

It's surprisingly great. Albeit it starts off a bit confusing but by the time you get half way through it takes some astoundingly dark and interesting twists. There are some translation issues occasionally though.

ethomaz

Banned
It's surprisingly great. Albeit it starts off a bit confusing but by the time you get half way through it takes some astoundingly dark and interesting twists. There are some translation issues occasionally though.
I choose to play Wild ARMs 3 before start Digimon... I'm having a blast with it but I'm excited to play Digimon soon.

I remember complaining about the lack of turn based RPGs early this year... ohhhh now I have backlog.

Shin-chan

Maybe I'll pick it up after beating TMS. I'm struggling to get grabbed by any of the other games I've tried recently so hopefully that will be the one.

donny2112

On 3DS, we have from Aqua@VGC that the HW revenue for 3DS+Vita ~= $21m, and from overall industry numbers and minor speculation, we have some possibilities on 3DS hardware based on the May results from here. However, the June 3DS number is not public, so can't include numbers on the monthly/annual results this time around. The 3DS value is included in the results, though.

Since not all the results are public, no numerical results are shown here. Also, rankings are just a counter, so if two people are tied, it isn't shown here.

NeoGAF Prediction Results - June 2016

Units

1. Cow Goes Moo
2. Javin98
3. DomsPlaying
4. wachie
5. Welfare
6. Chobel
7. Raylan
8. archnemesis
9. Rand6
10. donny2112
11. prag16
12. travisbickle
13. Tratorn
14. jroc74
15. Asd202
16. Fat4all
17. jayu26
18. Ryng_tolu
19. Pachter
20. DriftingSpirit
21. orfax
22. panda-zebra
23. skedar897
24. Bruno MB
25. allan-bh
26. Ol┐nner
27. Tubie
28. big fake
29. jjonez18
30. GAF_Agg
31. Shizza
32. ZachzOOming
33. BlackBuzzard
34. noobie
35. Crimson_Gold
36. Elios83
37. Rymuth
38. Kayant
39. slavesnyder
40. RexNovis
41. Sangetsu-II
42. theindieboy
43. CorporateClown
44. Toli08
45. gtj1092
46. Stanng243
47. Jotaka
48. andy_lhc
49. jbluzb
50. Trust me, I'm a PhD
51. robo
52. Sterok
53. Primethius
54. Conduit
55. AmaterasuOni
56. Nouzka
57. ConfusedGamer
58. Ombala
59. mejin
60. astrogamer
61. Darth Smurf X
62. Fdkn
63. Opt1kon_
64. NeoMetallix
65. Hydrargyrus
66. itshutton
67. Elandyll
68. Megadragon15
69. Bioshocker
70. Kill3r7
71. ghost4soul
72. Bitch Pudding
73. Apt101
74. Las7
75. harrisk954
76. anothertech
77. Prototype Viktor

June 2016                       Overall 2016 Top (5/6)
01.  Cow Goes Moo           ---.--   donny2112              ---.--
02.  Javin98                ---.--   jayu26                 ---.--
03.  DomsPlaying            ---.--   KillerMan91            ---.--
04.  wachie                 ---.--   archnemesis            ---.--
05.  Welfare                ---.--   Cow Goes Moo           ---.--
06.  Chobel                 ---.--   Chobel                 ---.--
07.  archnemesis            ---.--   Fat4all                ---.--
08.  Raylan                 ---.--   Javin98                ---.--
09.  donny2112              ---.--   gtj1092                ---.--
10.  Rand6                  ---.--   allan-bh               ---.--
11.  travisbickle           ---.--   Raylan                 ---.--
12.  jayu26                 ---.--   pitseleh               ---.--
13.  prag16                 ---.--   orfax                  ---.--
14.  Tratorn                ---.--   RexNovis               ---.--  *RexNovis
15.  Fat4all                ---.--   slavesnyder            ---.--
16.  DriftingSpirit         ---.--   ConfusedGamer          ---.--
17.  Ryng_tolu              ---.--   travisbickle           ---.--
18.  Asd202                 ---.--   Welfare                ---.--
19.  Pachter                ---.--   Nouzka                 ---.--
20.  jroc74                 ---.--   Ryng_tolu              ---.--
21.  skedar897              ---.--   Tubie                  ---.--
22.  panda-zebra            ---.--   DriftingSpirit         ---.--
23.  big fake               ---.--   GifGafIsTheBestGaf     ---.--
24.  orfax                  ---.--   Tratorn                ---.--
25.  Bruno MB               ---.--   Rand6                  ---.--
26.  allan-bh               ---.--   5Twist                 ---.--
27.  ZachzOOming            ---.--   Kayant                 ---.--
28.  Ol┐nner                ---.--   noobie                 ---.--
29.  slavesnyder            ---.--   Rymuth                 ---.--
30.  noobie                 ---.--   Bruno MB               ---.--
31.  Shizza                 ---.--   wachie                 ---.--
32.  Kayant                 ---.--   mejin                  ---.--
33.  Tubie                  ---.--   jjonez18               ---.--
34.  Elios83                ---.--   ZachzOOming            ---.--
35.  Crimson_Gold           ---.--   BlackBuzzard           ---.--
36.  jjonez18               ---.--   Elandyll               ---.--
37.  Rymuth                 ---.--   Sterok                 ---.--
38.  BlackBuzzard           ---.--   skedar897              ---.--
39.  RexNovis               ---.--   Shizza                 ---.--
40.  gtj1092                ---.--   Darth Smurf X          ---.--
41.  Sangetsu-II            ---.--   madp0k                 ---.--
42.  CorporateClown         ---.--   Asd202                 ---.--
43.  theindieboy            ---.--   AmaterasuOni           ---.--
44.  Toli08                 ---.--   Kill3r7                ---.--
45.  andy_lhc               ---.--   Fdkn                   ---.--
46.  Jotaka                 ---.--   jroc74                 ---.--
47.  robo                   ---.--   Ombala                 ---.--
48.  jbluzb                 ---.--   robo                   ---.--
49.  Sterok                 ---.--   andy_lhc               ---.--
50.  Trust me, I'm a PhD    ---.--   Toli08                 ---.--

Congratulations, Cow Goes Moo! :D

donny2112

Unfair I was banned :p

You can PM me at cheapassgamers.com (or most other incarnations of donny2112, if you think it's me. Just let me know where you did so after being unbanned), if you're banned here a month. As long as it was put in before the cutoff, I'll include it. (^_^)

Well i look forward to the update in the next prediction thread on how you got on with TMS. I think it's a much better game than Setsuna so far.

I gave it all I could.

I don't understand JRPGs. It took like 20 minutes for me to actually do anything in that game. And once I got control I ran down one hallway which triggered another 5 minute cutscene.

I get into my first battle, and I hit A about 15 or so times in a row and I won, and then the characters leveled up and a bunch of numbers changed but it didn't mean anything.

Then there were more cut scenes.

The creepy pan up the legs and skirt of some teenage looking girl was weird as all heck.

It seemed neat from some videos I watched, but I just can't. I was just crying with boredom waiting for something to happen.

Oh well.

ethomaz

Banned
You can PM me at cheapassgamers.com (or most other incarnations of donny2112, if you think it's me. Just let me know where you did so after being unbanned), if you're banned here a month. As long as it was put in before the cutoff, I'll include it. (^_^)
Thanks... I will bookmark it for future but I hope not be banned again :D

Welfare

Something that doesn't really get talked about (because we usually never get it leaked) but on Aqua's chart, she also posted revenue that was made by the consoles, and through that we can get a good look at the ASP for the consoles this month and last year. These won't be precise because of rounding, but it is still accurate.

2015 Ranked in unit sales
PS4: ~$405
XB1: ~$354
WIU: ~$292
360: ~$190
PS3: ~$208

2016 Ranked in unit sales
PS4: ~$352 (-13%)
XB1: ~$298 (-16%)
WIU: ~$295 (+1%)
360: ~$169 (-11%)
PS3: ~$211 (+1%)

angp5fx.png

Bgamer90

Banned
I gave it all I could.

I don't understand JRPGs. It took like 20 minutes for me to actually do anything in that game. And once I got control I ran down one hallway which triggered another 5 minute cutscene.

I get into my first battle, and I hit A about 15 or so times in a row and I won, and then the characters leveled up and a bunch of numbers changed but it didn't mean anything.

Then there were more cut scenes.

The creepy pan up the legs and skirt of some teenage looking girl was weird as all heck.

It seemed neat from some videos I watched, but I just can't. I was just crying with boredom waiting for something to happen.

Oh well.

This sounds exactly like my experience with the majority of JRPGs I've tried out and sums up why I've never liked the genre. Amazing.

Top Bottom