• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Palmer Luckey issue statement on actions on Nimble America

shiba5

First Peter Thiel and now this guy? Things are looking great at FB.

I'm giving serious thought to deleting my Facebook account at this point. I don't use the damn thing much anyway and the company seems content to keep a couple racists and misogynists around. Not that Facebook is going to give a shit, but at least it will make me feel better.
Won't be buying an Oculus ever either.

Mahonay

Banned
From the Daily Beast authors

jFa4Xoa.png
Awesome. Glad they are not backing off.

Ploid 3.0

Sooooo, does he have a dog and a camera to post an apology video with his private jet outside in his front yard? Well he'd need to make a video of him walking around while explaining that he had nothing to do with that post and such first. Hmmm.

collige

Banned
Should've just owned up to it and stepped down. Can't wait for Daily Beast to pull out the receipts and embarrass his ass

From the Daily Beast authors

jFa4Xoa.png

Good. I want to see that email.

Was a bit mum on VR at Pax but figured, once I picked up a Scorpio, I'd put a good amount of consideration to picking up the current Rift headset since they seem to have a partnership; that's definitely not happening now.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
simpsons_angry_mob.jpg

So neogaf?
How about.. the guy said sorry and we move along?
We all make stupid mistakes.

robotrock

Banned
Thanks for taking my six-hundred dollar piece of revolutionary VR tech and devaluing it into a fucking paperweight, asshole

Makeda

And whats the explanation for his girlfriends racists tweets and association with gamergate?

I don't believe him at all.

His 'explanation' of her tweets was aparently to delete her account and act like nothing happened.
I just checked a little while ago and Moxxi is no more.

This statement however is such trite copy and paste bullshit. His lawyers / Zuck clearly told him to put this out out so as to try and minimise the damage caused overnight to the companies involved.

The sad part is most companies will still do business with him and point to this statement as a way of separating the mans politics from that of the company.

Edit - Oh crap, just saw the Daily Beast tweets... This is going to be fun :D

The only thing more disgusting are all these people on twitter and facebook who think Palmer and his girlfriends are the real victims now. Like wtf.

Is this guy still with Facebook? I know libertarianism is rife at Silicon Valley, but this guy's attitudes seem way out out of sink with other high ups at Facebook.

Top Bottom