• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

kadotsu

Banned
For some reason, looks like WaPo released a new poll at midnight EST?

Hillary: 46
Trump: 44
Johnson: 5
Stein: 1

It would be infuriating if the GOP potential Johnson voters are falling in line with Trump while the hardcore Bros stay with him because of drug legalization.

Wilsongt

Guys, is there any countdown timer for debate?

Just Google search Doomsday counter. That is all you need for when Trump blows Clinton out of the water at the debate.

Only because he will get nothing but softballs as the entire debate will focus on Clinton's e-mails, and Trump deflecting so hard he'll take out half the audience.

Johnson voters might also go to Clinton actually, considering he's the "protest" vote no matter how much it doesn't make sense.

I thought Jill Hew was the protest vote because Bernie made her the most powerful woman in American politics?

Iolo

Guys, is there any countdown timer for debate?

DoomsdayClock_black_3mins_regmark.jpg

Just Google search Doomsday counter. That is all you need for when Trump blows Clinton out of the water at the debate.

Only because he will get nothing but softballs as the entire debate will focus on Clinton's e-mails, and Trump deflecting so hard he'll take out half the audience.
lol! I've never seen any US debate in my life, but this one is really different with Trump and things like this. :|

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Real talk. I'm scared shitless and will be for the next 6 weeks. Don't tell Diablos
People were declaring Romney president-elect 6 weeks out in 2012 too. It was called "diablosing" even back then.

Honestly watching people go in mere weeks from predicting historic landslides to diablosing is pretty entertaining.

watershed

Banned
Doesn't early voting start super soon? Hillary's machine is about to start rolling, if they are as good as Obama's machine. Didn't early voting strongly swing in his direction in both 08 and 12?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
For some reason, looks like WaPo released a new poll at midnight EST?

Hillary: 46
Trump: 44
Johnson: 5
Stein: 1

Hillary didn't gain or lose anything, Trump gained 3, Johnson lost 4, Stein lost 1.

Debate expectations closer than 2012: 44 expect Clinton to win, 34 expect Trump to win. In 2012, it was 56 Obama, 29 Romney.

Seems perfectly in line with the polarization of our country. Hillary's ground game needs to be on point on election day and get everyone to the polls, because republican voters will be there en masse.

That said...

Nate_Cohn
Last ABC/Post poll had Clinton+10 among RVs with a 5 pt LV penalty.
New ABC/Post has a tie among RVs, with Clinton gaining 2 from LVs. K.

If this is happening in a week, either polling in this country is now much harder to do, or something is incredibly wrong with the methodology.

Polling volatility, folks.

Don't buy such a shift in two weeks.

So La Hillary has a 9 point advantage with white college graduates and is tied/barely ahead? GTFO.

Based on what? On a ground game level, it's using the same methods.

Just look at overall campaign strategy.

No Spanish language ads yet.
Disappearing from the campaign trail for fund raising.
Lackluster small donor fundraising
Lackluster cable surrogate appearances
David Brock is running something for her which has sucked till now.

Did Obama somehow not hold high dollar fundraising. The large cheques just magically rolled in? When was the first Spanish language ad run - who is monitoring Univision and Telemundo and whatever for her first one? Will we pop champagne?

thebloo

Just look at overall campaign strategy.

No Spanish language ads yet.
Disappearing from the campaign trail for fund raising.
Lackluster small donor fundraising
Lackluster cable surrogate appearances
David Brock is running something for her which has sucked till now.

Some of those are not ground game. And some simply down to Obama being Obama.

Cesare was pretty confident in the ground game operation.

Diablos

Real talk. I'm scared shitless and will be for the next 6 weeks. Don't tell Diablos
Is this like therapy to some of you people

Half the table at the gaf meet up I went to was diablosing

im omw home now
See above

If this is happening in a week, either polling in this country is now much harder to do, or something is incredibly wrong with the methodology.
Yeah something isn't adding up. Unless maybe those bombings scared people into submitting to the daddy party. Which I doubt.

Suggesting locking her up in an oval room should give things away.
Ohhh yeah.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Holy shit

HOLY SHITTTTTTTTT

The realité is that this vote is going to be more concentrated in states she won't win anyway, like Iowa or the south. She needs a larger % of college educated voters to seal away Colorado.

The risk is Nevada where the streets are flowing with "non-college" white people. I do think ground game is actually important in not toooo many places, but Nevada is one of them.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
HOLY SHITTTTTTTTT

The realité is that this vote is going to be more concentrated in states she won't win anyway, like Iowa or the south. She needs a larger % of college educated voters to seal away Colorado.

The risk is Nevada where the streets are flowing with "non-college" white people. I do think ground game is actually important in not toooo many places, but Nevada is one of them.

Which makes Nevada's polling results all the more sensible.

Trump Edges Above Clinton Ahead of First Debate

Donald Trump leads Hillary Clinton by 1 percentage point among likely voters who were polled a few days ahead of the much-anticipated debate between the two presidential candidates. The debate will take place Monday evening.

The ratings for the televised matchup between the two candidates are expected to be at record highs. Two-thirds of registered voters say they expect to watch the debate, with 41 percent saying they are “very likely” to watch it.

n a nationwide poll of 1,712 likely voters taken Sept. 22 through Sept. 24, 39 percent of respondents chose Trump, while while Clinton was the choice for 38 percent. The difference between the two candidates is within the margin of error. The other candidates in the race continue to trail behind the leaders, with Libertarian nominee Gary Johnson at 9 percent and Green Party candidate Jill Stein at 4 percent; 10 percent of respondents say they don’t know or have no opinion.

In a head-to-head matchup without the third-party candidates, Clinton edges out Trump by 2 points among likely voters, 44 percent to 42 percent, within the margin of error.

Among the slightly broader sample of registered voters, Clinton has a 1-point lead over Trump, 37 percent to 36 percent, with Johnson at 9 percent and Stein at 4 percent. Again, the difference between Trump and Clinton is within the margin of error.

WTF, they both dropped to under 40?

Plinko

This weekend has been a case-study in polling volatility and noise hasn't it?

Yep. Almost nothing happened this week to cause these swings. This election is, sadly, very much up in the air.

The one concern, though, is that multiple,polls are showing this swing at the exact same time. That is unusual if nothing is causing the swings.

Dierce

Did that fucking terrorist really damage Clinton's chances? This isn't the first poll to show such a huge shift this week....

NeoXChaos

stuart stevens ‏@stuartpstevens 8h8 hours ago
stuart stevens Retweeted Gopala Tumuluri
Trump still doing worse than Romney with white voters in ABC/Post poll. Romney won white female college plus women by 6. HRC by 25pt lead.

stuart stevens Retweeted Josh Kraushaar
Odds are Trump has to do better than Romney with either white or non-white voters. He's doing worse with both.stuart stevens added,
Josh Kraushaar @HotlineJosh

stuart stevens Retweeted Will Jordan
No Republican has lost white college educated voters since FDR days. Goldwater won them. Trump is losing.

dramatis

People were declaring Romney president-elect 6 weeks out in 2012 too. It was called "diablosing" even back then.

Honestly watching people go in mere weeks from predicting historic landslides to diablosing is pretty entertaining.
You spent the past few days scared shitless though, don't be mean

I had a dream last night that I was on a train ride back to college, and that Nate Cohn was actually someone I knew from it, so I was explaining to him how you guys in PoliGAF like to compare him with Nate Silver... it's weird, because after being awake, I don't even know what he looks like...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom