• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.
VoterPref_table-09.23.16_REV01.jpg

Post the rest, y'all.
Catholics behind Trump? Really?

If that's true it's certainly an interesting result. Does not line up with what we've seen till this point

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
.@KellyannePolls tells @CNNSotu Trump campaign has not formally invited Gennifer Flowers to be at debate and doesn't expect her to be there.

That's that. I wouldn't have expected her to come anyway.

Why are so many college-educated white males voting for a fuckhead like Trump?

Sexism.

Hoooooolly shit! Sam Wang throwing mad shade at Nate Silver!

I love Sam Wang, but if something crazy happens and Trump wins, all his credibility is gone. I'm surprised he is going as far in as he has been these last few months.

That's that. I wouldn't have expected her to come anyway.

Sexism.

I love Sam Wang, but if something crazy happens and Trump wins, all his credibility is gone. I'm surprised he is going as far in as he has been these last few months.
His model is still at 72/82 Clinton.

Honestly would not be crazy if Trump won using his model as well

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I can't think of any other event. If it wasn't that then something is seriously wrong with the polling.

Maybe, maybe not. More than one poll has me a touch skeptical. Could be Gary Johnson voters moving to Trump (although that would be odd, considering there is evidence when Johnson is not in the ballot, Hillary gains). Could be bizarre coincidental statistical noise. Could be undecideds finally coming around to Trump.

Regardless, state polling is what really matters, and we should be getting some this morning.

His model is still at 72/82 Clinton.

Honestly would not be crazy if Trump won using his model as well

True, but he seems to be throwing a lot of shade at Silver for his "Trump still has a good chance" articles.

Diablos

Maybe, maybe not. More than one poll has me a touch skeptical. Could be Gary Johnson voters moving to Trump (although that would be odd, considering there is evidence when Johnson is not in the ballot, Hillary gains). Could be bizarre coincidental statistical noise. Could be undecideds finally coming around to Trump.

Regardless, state polling is what really matters, and we should be getting some this morning.
That's one thing that has always scared me a bit -- what if Johnson voters start flocking to Trump? And the ones who are more liberal minded still stick with him because they hate Hillary?

Zukkoyaki

Considering it's only two polls, one of which is showing outlierish results for most white demos (ABC), I'm inclined to think it's just some noise and volatility which are inevitable. Guess we'll find out in the coming week!

Why do persons like Johnson and Stein participate in election? Serious question.

http://www.fec.gov/pages/brochures/pubfund.shtml#General

Third parties that can get above 5% nationally get a boost in federal funding. If one of the third parties can do that, it will allow them to make serious pushes in states that are more friendly to their message.

Of course, the irony of a Libertarian party relying on federal support to get ahead... heh.

thefro

I can't think of any other event. If it wasn't that then something is seriously wrong with the polling.

I think the Charlotte riots probably would have had more of an impact than the bomber. A lot of the polls from earlier last week showing better results for Clinton were during that weekend or slightly afterwards.

But I wouldn't read too much into one credible poll showing a shift. We need more data than that.

Obviously the best thing that could happen is Clinton kills it at the debate and is seen as more likable/honest afterwards. That's something she can control regardless of which Trump shows up.

thebloo

True, but he seems to be throwing a lot of shade at Silver for his "Trump still has a good chance" articles.

He's throwing shade for the "if he goes up, he may win" ones.

Look at this one:

In football terms, we’re probably still in the equivalent of a one-score game. If the next break goes in Trump’s direction, he could tie or pull ahead of Clinton

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
http://www.fec.gov/pages/brochures/pubfund.shtml#General

Third parties that can get above 5% nationally get a boost in federal funding. If one of the third parties can do that, it will allow them to make serious pushes in states that are more friendly to their message.

Of course, the irony of a Libertarian party relying on federal support to get ahead... heh.

It's not really ironic at all. A part of Libertarian thought is the the idea that company-specific subsidies prevent proper market functioning by preventing competitors who can't access those subsidies. This is exactly what the Democrats and Republicans do: give themselves party-specific subsidies preventing proper electoral functioning by blocking out parties who can't access those subsidies. That makes it necessary for the Libertarians to get those subsidies too. The ideal world, of course, for Libertarians would be that none of the parties had subsidies at all.

http://www.politico.com/story/2012/...e-ad-blitz-aims-to-wrap-up-latino-vote-078036

Obama started spanish language ads in April. Hillary should have started in July to follow up the DNC.
You're comparing a sitting President Which makes no sense.

In April, she was still contesting a primary.

In July, I'm assuming you mean running ads on the 29th-31st though because before then she hadn't accepted the nomination.

In August, she was doing all the fundraising you keep complaining about to pay for the ground game and the ads you complain the campaign isn't running.

In September, she was. Oh she aired Spanish-language ads in Florida.

Plinko

I'm waiting for late October post 3 debates to start caring about polls.

Wise decision, for sure. I think I'm at the very least in the post-2nd debate mode.

As for the bedwetting in the thread title, I've never been this concerned about an election. I didn't like GWB, but I thought he could still lead a country. I voted for Obama twice, but felt ok if McCain and/or Romney was leading.

Trump literally makes me nauseous. I have woken up in the middle of the night sick because I had a dream he won. Maybe it's because I have 4 kids and want them in a better country. Maybe it's because I feel like he'd idiotically start a war unnecessarily. Maybe because of the Supreme Court implications, or maybe because I believe he'd set back the poor and middle class 20 years. Maybe because I'm a teacher and in a decade will have all of my student loans eliminated, and I'm scared full republican control will eliminate that. Maybe it's all of that together.

NeoXChaos

The campaign has drawn heavily on Obama campaign veterans from the start, but they’ve expanded that list in recent weeks. Heading into the home-stretch, the Clinton team has started getting help from more veterans of Obama’s campaigns, consulting regularly with 2008 and 2012 alums in the battleground states and, without announcing the hires, bringing on operatives like Dan Kanninen — Obama’s 2008 Wisconsin state director and a 2012 senior advisor in Virginia — who was dispatched to North Carolina as an advisor in late August.

The list goes on: Tripp Wellde, Obama’s 2008 Iowa field director and 2012 Wisconsin state director, is now back in Iowa for Clinton, as is 2008 deputy national finance director Ami Copeland. Obama's 2012 digital director for Midwestern and southern states, Andy Oare, is now in Florida for Clinton, and both Seth London — who worked in Iowa, Ohio, North Carolina, and Pennsylvania for Obama — and 2012 Pennsylvania state director Aletheia Henry are now back in that state.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/hillary-clinton-obamas-campaign-228625#ixzz4LH91aHSk

Good deal.

Plinko

kadotsu

Banned
The most pro-weed Clinton will get is an amnesty for small time users currently in jail. If her team is good they could dogwhistle the shit out of that.

HylianTom

Banned
I awaken to see that Flowers won't be there. Such a pity.

But TV's Frank writes some of the best one-liners, my gawd..
Gennifer Flowers will remind Trump of something he is - an adulterer. Mark Cuban will remind hm of something he's not - a billionaire.

Grief.exe

RE: Flowers

Trump could be double switching the media like he did with his medical reports on that Doctor program. At first they were to be discussed, then that got pulled, then he ended up showing a paper from his doctor.

Will never happen, but this is why it would be a smart political move:

It's somewhat callous, but the whole Keith Scott tragedy being entirely about him being black and with a joint would be a good way to justify a flip-flop on it and say decriminalizing pot is part of bringing down institutional racism.

Huh, I've been busy this week, but with all the fuckery was there no discussion of the FEC reports, and Trump's campaign funnelling another $11.1 million dollars - over a third of all his campaign's expenditure for the month to Giles-Parscale??

I looked at the consolidated number of $29 million and thought, how the fuck is he spending so much money when he doesn't have offices and staff. Then it became clear.

RE: Flowers

Trump could be double switching the media like he did with his medical reports on that Doctor program. At first they were to be discussed, then that got pulled, then he ended up showing a paper from his doctor.
That's the way I see this

Just more smoke and mirrors from dumbo

Says something and then steps it back

Plinko

Sam Stein ‏@samsteinhp 34m34 minutes ago

“we do have to inhabit other planets” — Gary Johnson

I would love to know the context for this.

Kinda wishing I had had my LSATs next weekend instead of yesterday because now all of my undivided stress gets to be directed at the debate. 😑

PBY

Banned
A third of Dems and half of women don't want that. It would be a risky play with minimal gains.
I know.

It's just is that element that really annoys me about Hillary - it's clearly a principles-based policy that would help out a ton of people and has scientific backing, but she feels compelled to watch the numbers and take these quarter measures. Undoubtedly being a woman forces her to be more cuatious, but sometimes I wish she'd take more aggressive stances on things that are just clearly the right move.

If she ends up supporting legalization I just know it's going to be full of credits and half measures and waiting periods and a bunch of other bullshit, kind of annoying.

Her job rn is just to win though, so ultimately I guess she feels she needs to play this super safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom