• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILERS Pokemon Sun/Moon Begins to leak on 4Chan

Lukemon

Not really. You rotate your party in both, but the result is fundamentally different. In Pokemon's rotation, you're juggling reading your opponent's many options and considering your own especially since you've only got one of many. In Yokai Watch, the rotation is a reaction. It's a really engaging gameplay style at its core for pokemon. If pokemon changed all its fights to rotations, that'd probably automatically become one of the best games in the series.

Cheers for the clarification - played minutes of Yokai versus months of Pokemon so couldn't really tell if that same kind of depth was there or not from my brief exposure. I do like the mind games of Rotation, must be said.

Is this taking into account Eviolite nerf?

I didn't know it got nerfed. What's it down to?

25%(?) increase instead of 50% (?) With the spread I put and Type Null base stats is still good.

Ribombee's speed included and Type Null would destroy almost anything. You can even give it a different nature to make him a mix attacker.

Would Ribombee's speed move be usable in single battles or just doubles?

Weebos

Banned

25%(?) increase instead of 50% (?) With the spread I put and Type Null base stats is still good.

Ribombee's speed included and Type Null would destroy almost anything. You can even give it a different nature to make him a mix attacker.

Word is that Eviolite is down to 20%.

So exclusive Z moves

Decidueye
Inceroar
Primarina
Alola Guardians
Marshadow
Pikachu
Ash hat Pikachu
A-Raichu
Eevee
Snorlax
Mew

This seems really lame. Pikachu gets two, two of them are mythicals, one of them is a limited time mystery gift, and 6 of the 11 belong to Kanto pokemon

Like really fucking lame

SoulUnison

Banned
Can any Pikachu become an Ash Hat Pikachu, or is it a gift Pokemon like the Cosplay Pikachus were?

I have a shiny 5IV Light Orb Pikachu that I like to run with, and I want to put the classic hat on him.
(Thunderbolt/Nuzzle/Nasty Plot/Sweet Kiss)

I usually support/set him up with a 6IV Smeargle.
(Spore/Power Herb Geomancy/Magic Coat/Baton Pass)

Kyzer

Banned
decided to look, glad I did, nothing crazy. I dont mind slow pokemon Ive actually always wanted more choices that were designed to just use those stats elsewhere.

trying to decide if i should keep up with the leaks, is it pretty much all done now?

notaskwid

Weavile, Magmortar, Magnezone, Electivire, and Abipom.

Those are off the top of my head. Pokémon who receives a evolution in a later gen.

I get that, but what does that have to do with eviolite being viable or not? The better (imo) eviolite users are Scyther, Gligar and Chansey but that doesn't make their evolutions worse. If anything eviolite nerf will make lower evolutions that can do it use focus sash instead.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
1IXv59G.gif
4qDQvHz.gif

Puruzi

Banned
decided to look, glad I did, nothing crazy. I dont mind slow pokemon Ive actually always wanted more choices that were designed to just use those stats elsewhere.

trying to decide if i should keep up with the leaks, is it pretty much all done now?

the game is literally out now and people are playing it so there isn't much to keep up with anymore

DNAbro

What i saw was 1.2.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
A return to form! Pokemon ALWAYS had creepy animal/human violence undertones that was dumbed down for the more recent releases. Remember Drowzee kidnapping kids and they never were seen again?

I dunno what dex are you talking about but in Gen V and VI they still keep the creepy undertones, from outright malicious pokemon to stealing human souls. Is this some nostalgia memory garbage?

Interesting that they gave a canon age.

They always had though. In RBY you're 11.

DNAbro

I dunno what dex are you talking about but in Gen V and VI they still keep the creepy undertones, from outright malicious pokemon to stealing human souls. Is this some nostalgia memory garbage?

They always had though. In RBY you're 11.

I thought RBY was 10. Also I thought they never gave an age past gen 1.

Puruzi

Banned
Holy shit the dialogue. THE DIALOGUE.

It's uh. Pretty romantic with Lillie and protagonist, whether you're male or female.

I have a hacked 3DS and I know where to download the rom.
The temptation is real.
Word, yo. I resolved myself to bring the Pokedex up to 720 (need to wait for December for Meleotta) before the S&M release and I've gotta bring in like six more, mostly previous gen legendaries in Ruby. That's pretty much what's holding me off.

UberTag

So here's what I'm seeing for version exclusives right now.
Anyone care to add some additional detail?

SUN

Braviary
Buzzwole
Carracosta
Celesteela (presumed due to Dex Order)
Garchomp / Mega Garchomp
Goodra
Lycanroc (Midday Form) - available in both evolved variants but its evolution is locked to Midday Form in Sun
Ninetales (Alolan)
Passimian
Rampardos
Solgaleo
Turtonator
Vanilluxe
Whimsicott

MOON

Archeops
Bastiodon
Drampa
Flygon
Kartana (presumed due to Dex Order)
Lilligant
Lunala
Lycanroc (Midnight Form) - available in both evolved variants but its evolution is locked to Midnight Form in Moon
Mandibuzz
Metagross / Mega Metagross
Oranguru
Pheromosa
Sandslash (Alolan)

You'll note I have two extra listings on the Sun side... Vanilluxe and Goodra.
I'm still not sure what their corresponding exclusives on the Moon side will be as they're not as immediately obvious as the others. Any ideas?

For reference, there are three additional Pokemon missing from the Moon wild encounters dump... Aerodactyl, Castform and Porygon.
But I'm assuming those will be doled out as gifts/fossils/downloads, etc.

RBY had the main character and his rival as 11 year olds. It said so in the instruction manual.

But yeah, no other generation mentioned their age until now.

What do we know about Ash-Pikachu aside from its models and its Z-Move (which looked amazing, btw)?

And Solgaleo and Lunaala's Radiant Sun and Full Moon Phases?

Good call... I suppose we're left guessing as to which one goes with which game.

Well, judging by Celesteel being pretty much Princess Kaguya: The Pokémon, one would think it's Moon-exclusive. But I'm not so sure - maybe they're playing with our expectations!

Puruzi

Banned
������

Tell me more.

0006 is Lillie

Rain in Alola, huh... My skirt got a bit wet...[VAR 0114(0006)]
Looking out at the rain like this... reminds me of this one time when I was little.[VAR 0114(0006)]
I’d seen it in a movie... this man singing and dancing in the rain. It captivated me so much that I had to try it for myself. My mother spotted me out in the rain, and she was so shocked that she ran right out after me without even bothering to get an umbrella...[VAR 0114(0006)]
And then...she smiled... and she danced with me in the rain. Of course we both ended up catching cold. She let me sleep in her big bed with her. I was so happy that I kept waking her again and again, just to be sure it wasn’t a dream...[VAR 0114(0006)]
But... then she changed. And all she would think about was the Ultra Beasts. And Null and Nebby... They both ended up suffering so much... and I couldn’t do anything...[VAR 0114(0006)]
But you know what, [VAR TRNAME(0000)]? Whenever I feel like there’s nothing I can do, you seem to show up and...you do something. Every time, you’ve shown me that it’s possible... to do something.[VAR 0114(0006)]
Even the first time we met... Nebby was being attacked, and all I could do was look on in horror...[VAR 0114(0006)]
And at Aether Paradise... all I could do was wait for you and the others to save me...[VAR 0114(0006)]
Whenever I’m in any sort of trouble, you’re always there...[VAR 0114(0006)]
I...[VAR 0114(0006)]

Um... [VAR TRNAME(0000)]? What are you going to do...once you finish your island challenge?[VAR 0114(0006)]
Fill my Pokédex
Get stronger
I don’t know
It must be nice, knowing what you want to do. I really admire that.[VAR 0114(0006)]
Oh, thank goodness... It’s such a relief to know that even someone like you feels unsure at times, [VAR TRNAME(0000)]![VAR 0114(0006)]
I think...I’d like to become a Trainer, too. And travel together with you, [VAR TRNAME(0000)]...[VAR 0114(0006)]
I want to become a Trainer, and learn all the things you know, [VAR TRNAME(0000)]...[VAR 0114(0006)]
... ... ... ... ... ...[VAR 0114(0006)]
Ah![VAR 0114(0006)]
Maybe there really are good omens sometimes, wouldn’t you say?[VAR 0114(0006)]

I picked these clothes up in Malie... Do you think they suit me?[VAR 0114(0006)]
Sure do (first choice)
I don’t know... (second choice)
Oh, [VAR TRNAME(0000)]... Thank you![VAR 0114(0006)]
Oh, [VAR TRNAME(0000)]! I’m really trying hard here, you know![VAR 0114(0006)]

Phew... This canyon truly is a difficult path to walk. And you even make the Vast Poni Canyon seem like nothing at all, [VAR TRNAME(0000)]![VAR 0114(0006)]
But you know what? I’ve overcome my fears enough to cross even a high bridge like this one![VAR 0114(0006)]
I am not going to be afraid of heights anymore. Next time I should even be able to tackle that bridge on Mahalo Trail![VAR 0114(0006)]
Watch this! This is my trial![VAR 0114(0006)]
Oh...[VAR 0114(0006)]
[VAR TRNAME(0000)]! I did it! I made it all the way across! I’ve cleared my trial![VAR 0114(0006)]
I completed my first trial! Amazing, right, [VAR TRNAME(0000)]?[VAR 0114(0006)]
Yeah!
It was all right
Hee hee![VAR 0114(0006)]
Oh, you spoilsport![VAR 0114(0006)]
But it’s really thanks to you, [VAR TRNAME(0000)]... You’re the reason why I’ve come so far! Still...I think I’ll take a little rest here. I’m afraid my legs are still shaking![VAR 0114(0006)]
[VAR PKNAME(0001)], do you want a rest, too?[VAR 0114(0006)]
Don’t worry. I’ve got you covered! I have Hyper Potions and Revives and even lots of Ethers, too. Though I’m not sure I brought enough Max Repels for a path like this one...[VAR 0114(0006)]

Here [VAR GENDBR(00FF,0100)]she is! The first Pokémon League Champion from Alola! This calls for celebration, so let’s all get to it![VAR 0114(0008)]
[VAR TRNAME(0000)]... Congratulations on becoming the Champion![VAR 0114(0006)]
It’s amazing, isn’t it? All these people are here just to help you celebrate this achievement, [VAR TRNAME(0000)]...[VAR 0114(0006)]
Everyone looks so happy... The adults, the children...even the Pokémon![VAR 0114(0006)]
It...it hasn’t all been easy... but I’m really glad that I came to Alola![VAR 0114(0006)]
Getting to meet you, [VAR TRNAME(0000)]... No... it wasn’t just meeting you. It was traveling together with you. I’m so glad I got to be a part of that journey![VAR 0114(0006)]
Hey, [VAR TRNAME(0000)]... It looks like the party is going to keep on going strong for some time still, wouldn’t you say? Do you think...maybe...we could sneak out for a second and visit the Ruins of Conflict? I heard from Kahuna Hala that the bridge has been fixed.[VAR 0114(0006)]
Sure!
What about the festival?
I think Tapu Koko must be waiting... I’m sure it’s waiting for you to come to it, [VAR TRNAME(0000)]... now that you finished your island challenge.[VAR 0114(0006)]
Really, [VAR TRNAME(0000)]! We should go and tell Tapu Koko properly... how you finished your island challenge![VAR 0114(0006)]
Now this really takes me back... Back then I could barely think about anything. I was so desperate...[VAR 0114(0006)]
But thinking back on it now... it really was Solgaleo... I mean it was Nebby who brought the two of us together, wasn’t it, [VAR TRNAME(0000)]?[VAR 0114(0006)]
But thinking back on it now... it really was Lunala... I mean it was Nebby who brought the two of us together, wasn’t it, [VAR TRNAME(0000)]?[VAR 0114(0006)]
Come on! Let’s go![VAR 0114(0006)]

It's not like super duper romantic or anything but it's really cute and I like it

RRockman

Banned

Sorry, I was being dumb. I just remembered Yamask and Phantump in particular. I'm also not a Genwunner is that is what you are asking, its just that Drowzee came to mind first.

Did anyone ever go over how Fly works with Charizard in these games?

PK Gaming

Holy shit the dialogue. THE DIALOGUE.

It's uh. Pretty romantic with Lillie and protagonist, whether you're male or female.

Liiiiiiike, i'm not going to say that Lillie is the anime heroine who has a tsundere crush on the protagonist

But Lillie is totally the anime heroine who has a tsundere crush on the protagonist

UberTag

I take it there's still no insight on how to net hidden abilities this gen, eh?
I found it rather interesting that even the Tapus have one (Telepathy).

So what is the overall story?

Did the Ether Foundation turn out to be evil?

What is the connection with Ultra Beasts?
Ultra Beast are Pokemon from another dimension. Aether Foundation are bad guys. Lusamine wants to access the the Ultra Beast realm cause her husband studied them and got lost there. Cosmog is an Ultra Beast who can open a portal to the dimension and Lillie stole it because Lusamine went crazy. Lusamine is Lillie and Gladion's mom. Team Skull works for Aether, Gladion is undercover and actually a good guy. You go into the Ultra Beast dimension and fight Lusamine who has fused with UB 01 Nihilego. Then after that's done you catch the box legendary, who is actually one of Cosmog's final evoltuions

Top Bottom