• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buying a 4K TV for PS4K thread!

Here's an off-screen pic of my 6290, you can see how rich the color looks

JZW2zGI.jpg

I got the 40 inch at Best Buy for $330 a few weeks ago. I wanted a smaller TV for my bedroom and the reviews for this set were pretty good. I have no regrets, I think it's a great budget set.

In a few years I'll eventually get a bigger,nicer, and more expensive set for my living room. Until then I'm satisfied with this.

https://youtu.be/TAMaDxo8zTg

This guy has a vizio m series without HDR and watchdogs 2 looks fn great at 4k running on ps4p.

Lol "I'd rather have low textures and low graphic settings and native 4K than say 1440p"

Wat, GTFoutta here. Going from medium-high to low settings (I don't think that's what they did gauging from the video) isn't worth the trade off. Especially with checker-boarding techniques available.

Madness

Here is an LG HDR demo on my X800D. I don't have my KS8000 yet, will be brought by relatives this weekend. But I just wanted to highlight what happens when HDR is activated and when it is SDR but all images are 4K.

I haven't done anything but keep base 4k HDR on and then turn it off returning image back to 4k SDR. It is hard to show off using a smartphone and with imgur compression. Plus, the HDR demo itself is compressed download. You might think the princess looks saturated but the intense color makes it look darker on my phone, otherwise HDR really makes the jewels and her dress and face look vivid etc.

Mindman

Make sure you call AGS and provide them your phone number. If you can i would go and pick it up from the warehouse. When I picked my set up there was so many Samsung tv's in the warehouse and most were strapped to pallets.

So they call and schedule delivery? I got my shipment notice earlier this evening. What happens at this point guys?

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Here is an LG HDR demo on my X800D. I don't have my KS8000 yet, will be brought by relatives this weekend. But I just wanted to highlight what happens when HDR is activated and when it is SDR but all images are 4K.

I haven't done anything but keep base 4k HDR on and then turn it off returning image back to 4k SDR. It is hard to show off using a smartphone and with imgur compression. Plus, the HDR demo itself is compressed download. You might think the princess looks saturated but the intense color makes it look darker on my phone, otherwise HDR really makes the jewels and her dress and face look vivid etc.

Great HDR comparison pics, thank you. That wider gamut of colors really does show. The ones on the bottom are obviously HDR, correct?

I was intent on buying a KS8000 or 9000 early next year but now I've found out they don't support 3D whatsoever which is a bit of a bummer to me. The LG's and Sony's all have input lag a bit higher than what I'd like as well which is disappointing.

DBT85

I was intent on buying a KS8000 or 9000 early next year but now I've found out they don't support 3D whatsoever which is a bit of a bummer to me. The LG's and Sony's all have input lag a bit higher than what I'd like as well which is disappointing.

Samsung dropped it completely as largely (and I know not entirely) nobody cares any more.

My Sony has it but I'd have gladly bought it without.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Samsung dropped it completely as largely (and I know not entirely) nobody cares any more.

My Sony has it but I'd have gladly bought it without.

The TV before the one I have now was a Sony with active 3D which was a bit crap

My current tv is a Sony with passive 3D which is a lot more impressive.

But my projectors 3D is even better and I still don't use it :p

Sony free soundbar offer runs out next week so I really need to decide. Although th probably replace it with another offer or a price drop before Christmas..

decaf

Hey folks, looking to buy a 4K TV with full HDR but I'm a tad out of my element. Anyone familiar with the Sammy range? I can get any of these. I would really welcome a recommendation:

Samsung Curved KS7500
Samsung Ultra HD Smart TV KU6400
Samsung LED Smart TV KU6000
Samsung Curved TV K6300
Samsung K5500 LED HD 1080p Smart TV
Samsung Smart 4k Ultra HD HDR TV KS9000
Samsung Smart Ultra HDR TV KS8000
Samsung Ultra HDR Smart TV KS7000

Crumpo

Hey folks, looking to buy a 4K TV with full HDR but I'm a tad out of my element. Anyone familiar with the Sammy range? I can get any of these. I would really welcome a recommendation:

Samsung Curved KS7500
Samsung Curved TV K6300

What are your requirements? Recommendations will depend on your priorities.

Ks7000 is the best value for money, according to gaf consensus.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Samsung Curved KS7500
Samsung Curved TV K6300

Where do you live? If you are in Europe then anything KS7xxx or higher is good. If in the US, the anything KS8xxx or higher (EU KS7000 = US KS8000. Go figure)

decaf

What are your requirements? Recommendations will depend on your priorities.

Ks7000 is the best value for money, according to gaf consensus.
Just after the best and most futureproof set really. Larger (>50") preferable!

Where do you live? If you are in Europe then anything KS7xxx or higher is good. If in the US, the anything KS8xxx or higher (EU KS7000 = US KS8000. Go figure)
I'm in the UK.

Madness

Great HDR comparison pics, thank you. That wider gamut of colors really does show. The ones on the bottom are obviously HDR, correct?

Yeah. It is hard to show it off with smartphone pictures. Keep in mind both pics nothing is changed on the settings aside from turning HDR off. I even had it in vivid mode which is already known for saturated and intense color. There are subtle details that get changed. Look behind the bald priest for the walls/columns. See how HDR affects how they appear as well.

Good comparison pics.

MastAndo

Might not be the ideal thread for this, but I have a quick question about attaching a new stand to the 55KS8000 - do the spacers, if needed, go between the TV and the mount itself, or should the mount be flush with the back of the TV...or does it not matter?

Might not be the ideal thread for this, but I have a quick question about attaching a new stand to the 55KS8000 - do the spacers, if needed, go between the TV and the mount itself, or should the mount be flush with the back of the TV...or does it not matter?

TV > Spacers > Mount.

The ks8000 has spacers that come with the TV. Use those. Buy longer bolts of needed

noomi

awww yisss, convinced my wife to buy the TV after all :D :D :D

Microcenter in NJ 3.5% sales tax

KS8000 55" for $931

I am a happy boy!

MastAndo

TV > Spacers > Mount.

The ks8000 has spacers that come with the TV. Use those. Buy longer bolts of needed

I ask because on the 55KS8000, the top holes are shallow, so I don't need spacers for those (the bolts provided with the stand are the right length), but do for the bottom holes. If I put the spacers in between TV and mount for those holes, I now have a TV that's tilted upward a bit on the stand. I suppose I can add spacers and longer bolts to the top as well.

So between the Hisense 50inch 4k and the Samsung 50 inch 4k that Target has on their BF sale is the difference on PQ worth the $150 dollars? Or will it be good for basic 4K Netflix viewing and future Scorpio 4k gaming? I plan to keep this purchase for at least 3 years.

DBT85

The TV before the one I have now was a Sony with active 3D which was a bit crap

My current tv is a Sony with passive 3D which is a lot more impressive.

But my projectors 3D is even better and I still don't use it :p

Sony free soundbar offer runs out next week so I really need to decide. Although th probably replace it with another offer or a price drop before Christmas..

I sold the CT390 I got from Currys free for £170+£10 postage on Amazon. So over £150 in my pocket which is a nice.

I felt this way until I tried 3D on the LG OLED models. It is just amazing.

Yeah, I don't care for it at the cinema either though, even saw TFA on a laser Imax in 3D and still prefer 2D.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I sold the CT390 I got from Currys free for £170+£10 postage on Amazon. So over £150 in my pocket which is a nice.

Yeah, I don't care for it at the cinema either though, even saw TFA on a laser Imax in 3D and still prefer 2D.

Ah I was considering keeping it if I move my current tv into the spare room. But £150+ is pretty good so I might just sell it and my TV (it's too big as a second tv anyway)

no_to_co

Do you call AGS once you have a shipping notice from Samsung? Or before? I had my order confirmation for 3 days now, but no shipping notice on the 65".

Mindman

Do you call AGS once you have a shipping notice from Samsung? Or before? I had my order confirmation for 3 days now, but no shipping notice on the 65".

After. Got my shipping notice on the 49" 2.5 days after ordering, then called AGS next morning to provide phone number.

outsida

Just took delivery of my 65" KS8000. It was delivered by AGS, no damage and no crazy light bleed I can see so far from the panel.

MastAndo

Awesome! How long did it all take? I'm anxiously awaiting movement on my order.
Not that you asked me, but I ordered Sunday afternoon (55KS8000) and it was moving by Tuesday and I received it in NYC on Wednesday morning. Granted, the TV arrived damaged via FedEx, so I prefer they take an extra day and be careful with it, lol.

I ordered another on Wednesday night, still says preparing for shipment. If it takes the same amount of time as the first one, it should be in transit already, so I'm hoping for delivery tomorrow. *fingers crossed*

Setzer

Is this a KS8000? Seems like a really good price for the 60" model:

http://www.costco.com/Samsung-60"-C...-LCD-TV-UN60KS800DFXZA.product.100295213.html

Edit: actually Amazon has this for around the same price as well. Did the price on the KS8000 come down recently? I looked a few days ago and it was a few hundred more expensive.

Yeah, when I got it from Costco right before Halloween it was $1479.99 and they just went on sale on 11/13. If you can get in on the EPP discount then I would order it through Samsung direct and you can get it for $854.95. There were some people here offering invites but you can also check slickdeals and see if you can get an invite there. Of course you lose the 90 day return window and extra year warranty but you save over $300.

Yeah, when I got it from Costco right before Halloween it was $1479.99 and they just went on sale on 11/13. If you can get in on the EPP discount then I would order it through Samsung direct and you can get it for $854.95. There were some people here offering invites but you can also check slickdeals and see if you can get an invite there. Of course you lose the 90 day return window and extra year warranty but you save over $300.

Holy crap if I could get it for $854 I would be so in. Even at 1179 I'm seriously considering it. I will check around for the EPP discount, thanks for the tip. And if anyone has an invite, I would be very grateful! Thank you!

Edit: I can't find any EPP deals on slickdeals at the moment, it looks like they have all expired. If anyone knows of a way to get that EPP discount I would be so thankful!

I ask because on the 55KS8000, the top holes are shallow, so I don't need spacers for those (the bolts provided with the stand are the right length), but do for the bottom holes. If I put the spacers in between TV and mount for those holes, I now have a TV that's tilted upward a bit on the stand. I suppose I can add spacers and longer bolts to the top as well.

The top holes are shallow because, when spacers are put into all 4, the TV will consequently point a bit downward, which is intentional.

I just set mine up on a floating mount a couple days ago. I used all four spacers and needed to buy M8 50mm pan-head bolts. The 40mm that came with the stand weren't long enough.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Those in the uk looking for a deal - currys have £100 off all TVs over £1000, plus quidco have 10% off currys. Both expire on Sunday I think.

So eg an LG 55" C6 OLED is £1999. £1899 after discount, and £1700 after quidco cashback. Plus 12 months free sky Q with ultraHD sub. Or the Sony 55" XD93 £1599 retail, £1499 after discount, £1349 after cashback

Although no free sound bar from currys..

julrik

Help...

The 55" B6 will be ~ $1735 on Black Friday (Norway).

The 55" KS8000 will probably not get a discount and will most likely still be ~ $1560 on BF.

What to do, Gaf? Input lag is important to me, but so is PQ.. And I will most likely sell the new TV in a couple of years, and buy a new OLED. Just waiting for those "perfect" OLEDs with higher nits and low input lag.

Setzer

Help...

The 55" KS8000 will probably not get a discount and will most likely still be ~ $1560 on BF.

What to do, Gaf? Input lag is important to me, but so is PQ.. And I will most likely sell the new TV in a couple of years, and buy a new OLED. Just waiting for those "perfect" OLEDs with higher nits and low input lag.

The PQ on the KS8000 is outstanding and you'll have low input lag. Personally, I would go for the KS8000 and wait a couple years for OLED. They're only going to get better and cheaper!

aparisi2274

I know this is more about TV purchases for the Pro, but does anyone have any good recommendations on a soundbar?

I have the TV picked out (either Sony XBR-55X700D or Sony XBR-55X850D), and I was originally going to connect it to a Sony 4k receiver (DH770), but I had an issue with it fitting into my TV stand and the issues that the Pro was having with HDR not working with that receiver, so I returned it and am now looking at soundbars.

Does anyone in here have knowledge on some good soundbars? I saw a 4k soundbar from Sony, but not really looking to spend $430 on a soundbar. I was hoping that I get away with a nice 2.1 soundbar for like mid $200 range and just leave my XBOs and Pro connected to the HDMI Ports on the TV and the Soundbar connected to the TV in its own HDMI port.

If anyone has any info or suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

Madness

Help...

Normally I would tell you KS8000 in a heartbeat but a difference of only $175 between the televisions... the B6 is a much better 4K and HDR television and is Dolby Vision certified. Even the sizes are same. Unless gaming is THE most important thing here and you need super low input lag, I would take the OLED.

Don't get me wrong in a thread asking about which tv is the best for a PS4 Pro and gaming, the KS8000 gives you full hdr10 and 22 ms gaming, but at an almost same price, the OLED is a better 4K and HDR tv.

julrik

The PQ on the KS8000 is outstanding and you'll have low input lag. Personally, I would go for the KS8000 and wait a couple years for OLED. They're only going to get better and cheaper!
I was actually planning to buy the KS8000, but that BF deal on the B6 is very tempting. They're basically the same price now..

I haven't seen the KS8000 except in-store, so I'm a little worried about backlight bleed, clouding, excessive motion blur, etc, in a dark living room. Do you own a KS8000 yourself? How is the motion blur?

Went to PC Richard yesterday so I could stare at the Sony X930 and X850 and see if theres any difference to my old tired eyes. Maybe save a few hundred bucks if things like "local dimming" are something I even notice.

Both TVs are connected up with component cables and some splitter box where this demo fruit video is stored. Walked right out of the store.

My 49 inch Samsung KS8000 apparently shipped yesterday..noticed it on AGS..so I called this morning and gave them my cell phone number..they said someone will call me once its ready for delivery to schedule a delivery time..Im in SoCal it apparently shipped from Mira Loma..once I receive it since this is the first time Ive ever ordered anything from Samsung, I check the box to make sure its OK..then once Im ready open the box and see if I notice any cracks or anything like that? Not sure how to check for a screen bleed
I also want to get a good wall mount..something thin maybe an inch and a half at the most away from the wall..but also something that tilts from left to right..anyone have any good recommondations

Top Bottom