• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Impressions: Mark All Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one and perhaps only hilarious glitch I experienced. Gladious is multi-talented.

Yw4fe1c.gif

I get it. I've loved this series for 20+ years and I don't want it to die. Review scores are minor in my book, but they're one potential sign of series of health.

If nothing else, it'd be nice to be able to recommend it to people without having to preface it with "Now, I know the reviews weren't great..."

Gbraga

IMO I think the best part about this game is all the secrets you will find along the way.

I really hope the part about only being able to find stuff via the flying car is true.

I'm starting to really doubt that, unfortunately. Hope I'm wrong.

Ha ha, PressSneak doing his thing. Psyched for super bosses but at the rate I play going to take me at least a few weeks to get to them :-(

I feel you. I'll be there to discuss it with you after everyone already freaked out about it and moved on. I'm also really slow :C

theofficefan99

I get it. I've loved this series for 20+ years and I don't want it to die. Review scores are minor in my book, but they're one potential sign of series of health.

Plus tbh a few people have been like "lol it's gonna bomb" to me whenever I've talked about it on Snapchat or other social media, would be nice to prove all the naysayers wrong. I want the series to be taken seriously rather than for it to be taken as a joke after the XIII trilogy and XIV 1.0 era (coming from someone that loves XIII despite its faults). Also IMO Type-0 HD didn't help FF's image at all.

As a Final Fantasy fan I want a review average I could be proud of, y'know? Like "hey, this is my favorite franchise"

The series means a lot to me, as silly as it sounds.
I just want to be able to talk about this game online after release lol. If it bombs in reviews whoooo boy Internet will be a rough place

The only opinion I care about regarding this game is my own. FF games are too divisive to put any stock into what other people think about each entry in the series.

"VIII is my favorite"
"Junction system sucks story is fucking stupid lol orphanage TIME KOMPRESSION"

"IX is my favorite"
"Slow battle system! Visual design regression! ZIDANE HAS A FUCKING TAIL"

"X is my favorite"
b1Ixk1ocCrlO8.gif

"XII is my favorite"
"Incomplete! Plays itself!"

"XIII is my f---"
Vg0JstydL8HCg.gif

"VII is my favorite"
"Yeah"

If a game is great then it'll get good review scores and in turn a good score on Metacritic and vice versa. It all comes down to the game bring truly good. We'll have a good idea about it on Monday.

Why use a chocobo when you have a car?
Off-road exploration. Also I sometimes keep the car parked at key locations as means of fast travel because some of the quests require day time or night time to trigger. The Photo Ops one definitely require day which means if we reach there by Night, we have to wait until day.

So I will park the car there while I ride Chocobo to a nearby outpost and sleep. Next morning, I simply fast travel to car and presto!

The only opinion I care about regarding this game is my own. FF games are too divisive to put any stock into what other people think about each entry in the series.

People will have their opinions, and that's great, but absolutely nothing you say can convince me that I should trust a review to tell me if I'm going to enjoy a Final Fantasy game or not.
True enough because Vii for example isn't in my top 5

Don't kill me plz I've only played Seven of them

"VIII is my favorite"

"IX is my favorite"

"X is my favorite"
b1Ixk1ocCrlO8.gif

"XII is my favorite"

"XIII is my f---"
Vg0JstydL8HCg.gif

"VII is my favorite"
"Yeah"
"You only like VII because it was the first one you played! Bandwagoner"

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Review scores are dumb anyway, like Jason said. So many games get high scores that I really don't care for while games that get lower scores have been some of my favorites. Same goes for movies.

In the end, it only matters what you think.

theofficefan99

"VIII is my favorite"

"IX is my favorite"

"X is my favorite"
b1Ixk1ocCrlO8.gif

"XII is my favorite"

"XIII is my f---"
Vg0JstydL8HCg.gif

"VII is my favorite"
"Yeah"

Wow... Extremely accurate lol. Actually tho shockingly in real life every time I've said that I like XIII other people have said "I like it a lot too actually", which was shocking. XII was the FF everyone was like "I dropped it early on it was boring".

Also, to people who have played Fallout 4, did it deserve the 87 aggregate score?

R3birthFl4me

Neo Member
I will seriously start laughing like Tidus if after all the crazyness that happened in the 40 hour Edge preview thread, they give it an 8/10.

Halabane

Numbered reviews are silly.

Having said, expect 9s.

The conversation the guys at game informer had about their early impressions just made me feel there is enough difference in opinion between those who have played it that getting consistent high marks is going to be challenging. With the length of this game I really wonder if some won't get some fatigue in that combat system which I think could lower scores. But as you say...it's silly...but since I can't play it I may as well pontificate like I know something (which I don't). I do hope it does well.

I'm the last guy to care about reviews themselves but it's undeniable they hold value for many gamers.

So, I hope it reviews well so as to not detract sales from the title.

HeelPower

Tbf. My dad sucks so I was very much in Tidus position and loved Auron as a basically better father.

Probably why FFX resonated with me so much, even with bad writing and voice acting, it kinda felt real.

You might say it was a fantasy based on realtiy.
Same.

Religious issues and cultural repression in FFX also resonated with me.

Dawg

Review scores are dumb anyway, like Jason said. So many games get high scores that I really don't care for while games that get lower scores have been some of my favorites. Same goes for movies.

I disagree. I'm playing XV right now and I am enjoying it but when the reviews go online and they're under 90... well, it just wouldn't be the same. I don't think I'd be able to enjoy the game as much anymore.

If it goes below 80, then I'm not sure I'll be able to finish it.

Say it with me
I'm warp strikeing a rhino in the butt so I can get to leide!

Louder!

I AM WARP StrIkInG a RHiNo in the butt so I can gey to leide!

WHAT AM I ding oh please the 29th already, Im going insane!

Lagari, koozek , some help me im going omen dragonzdogma!!!!!

Ishida!!!!!

The one and perhaps only hilarious glitch I experienced. Gladious is multi-talented.

Yw4fe1c.gif

Gladio is indeed a box of surprises.

I disagree. I'm playing XV right now and I am enjoying it but when the reviews go online and they're under 90... well, it just wouldn't be the same. I don't think I'd be able to enjoy the game as much anymore.

Sarcasm I hope.

"VIII is my favorite"

"IX is my favorite"

"X is my favorite"
b1Ixk1ocCrlO8.gif

"XII is my favorite"

"XIII is my f---"
Vg0JstydL8HCg.gif

"VII is my favorite"
"Yeah"

That is hilariously accurate, lawd.

Shredderi

So what's the verdict on environmental variety? Huge streches of two to three types of land like I fear, or does it surprise you with many different visually distinctive regions?

Say it with me

Louder!

Ishida!!!!!
Someone's been smoking that Phoenix down again i see lol

Gbraga

Say it with me

Louder!

Ishida!!!!!

image.php

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Wow... Extremely accurate lol. Actually tho shockingly in real life every time I've said that I like XIII other people have said "I like it a lot too actually", which was shocking. XII was the FF everyone was like "I dropped it early on it was boring".

Also, to people who have played Fallout 4, did it deserve the 87 aggregate score?
YaoIqon.png

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

Oh come on.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

WORDS THAT KILL. WOULD YOU SPEAK THEM TO ME.

R3birthFl4me

Neo Member
『Inaba Resident』;225457411 said:
Didn't the writer of that preview say on twitter that, overall, he liked the game?

He said that he liked it, but some people thought that the game was going to be terrible from his impressions.

jschreier

Unrelated: I am so excited to finish writing this fucking book so I have free time to go back to FFXIV and play through Heavensward. Last time I played, I had JUST finished all the post-MSQ stuff. Hearing you and everyone else rave about HW makes me want to play it so badly.

theofficefan99

I just want to be able to talk about this game online after release lol. If it bombs in reviews whoooo boy Internet will be a rough place

Oh yeah. FF is already an easy target. Which is why I'm hoping for a score of 90...

I don't think it'll achieve it, but oh well. I honestly won't even be able to look at the review scores TBH.

amazing

I know this is a joke

Ran rp

Same. I consider Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance a masterpiece and the best film of the Vengeance Trilogy yet it's the lowest rated on RT by far at 54%. If I put too much stock in a few reviewers' scores I would've skipped it and miss out on a phenomenal film.

HeelPower

I cant agree.

Yes,review scores shouldn't matter but the bitter fact is they do matter hugley with the general public.

You wont get as many casuals/new fans into the gamr if it tanks below 8.

The opinion of the press matters a lot when it comes to buyability/perception of a game.

You're part of the press,so you know that better than I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom