• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding Discussion (12/2016 trailer)

Compsiox

Banned
I showed my parents this trailer and they thought it was so fucking weird.

Good stuff. I'm glad we get to see more from Kojima than MGS

Fuck.

Cyoyx_MWQAENSLL.jpg

CyozJOUXEAAUF5B.jpg

via

So kojima old baby no longer

and del toro holding his new one

damn the deep thought put into that one

What upsets me is seeing that maternity will probably be a big theme and we didn't see a single woman. From the creator of Quiet.

The post you quoted is more about how Kojima is one of the only devs whose people give this blind trust ... not even Miyamoto manages this level of hype without a single gameplay.
So it is more of a anthropological curiosity about how is that

We've seen three full adult faces in total, I believe. Let's maybe wait a bit before crying sexism.

People mostly seem to be excited because they expect crazy shit from Kojima and this looks like some really crazy shit. You appear to be a Nintendo fan. Did you gush over the Switch reveal, despite it showing nothing about specs, price, or titles available at launch? If yes, I'm guessing it's because you're a fan of Nintendo's previous output and don't really need the finer details in order to get your blood pumping a little bit.

Same thing here.

What upsets me is seeing that maternity will probably be a big theme and we didn't see a single woman. From the creator of Quiet.

The post you quoted is more about how Kojima is one of the only devs whose people give this blind trust ... not even Miyamoto manages this level of hype without a single gameplay.
So it is more of a anthropological curiosity about how is that

Sorry for being excited about something I'm well within my right to be excited about? But what's your point about Quiet? He made Quiet. He also made Meryl, Emma Emmerich, The Boss, and created a game in Peace Walker which featured a female-heavy cast. It's not blind trust, it's trust, period. He's made games for thirty years, I don't see what makes the excitement people have for his games, regardless of what he shows, so hard to wrap one's head around, yet every time Kojima does anything, people have to be outraged by others being excited. You have fun with that, while we enjoy the ride.

AAMARMO

Banned
There was a 4Chan leak a while back suggesting that Guillermo del Toro is involved and other actors like Idris Elba,Lindsay Wagner and Kevin Durand.

i have no idea what this game is ... but i'm freaking excited to find out more that's for sure.

Card-based strategy game with VN elements

Fro all the talk of weirdness with this game, is there anything weirder than that tank? What the hell is going on with it?

Oh god I didn't even notice the bones on the sides, I was too enamoured with the cow guts mashed in

And the planes have black strands on them too

Fro all the talk of weirdness with this game, is there anything weirder than that tank? What the hell is going on with it?

vlcsnap-2016-12-01-22h8s8a.png

vlcsnap-2016-12-01-22bos7s.png

vlcsnap-2016-12-01-22vmsf9.png

Dying to see those in game and learn what the story behind them is. It's probably just stuff cooked up for the teaser, but that is one of the more bizarre things the trailer offered. It was in the top-10 for sure!

Did anyone notice that Guillermo Del Toro has scars of surgery stitches and cross section on his forehad (a detail that can only be seen in 4K)? Maybe because of brain surgery or lobotomy.

VEEcjMh.jpg

I saw it during the reveal, which was streamed over my shitty Internet. So I wouldn't say so.

Faustek

I noticed that in the crappy 1080p stream reupload version.

Looks interesting. I want to know more about the WW2ish soldiers mixed with modern tech.

Saw it first on my mobile and noticed nothing, then 4k on TV and I saw it all, I saw the world for what it truly is. We're doomed I tell ya, doooomed!!

Qvoth

There was a 4Chan leak a while back suggesting that Guillermo del Toro is involved and other actors like Idris Elba,Lindsay Wagner and Kevin Durand.

kevin durand? basketball player? the fuck?
anyway watching the 4k trailer makes a huuuuuuge difference
and i think i agree with the theory del toro's a decoy for an announced character, that's why his name's not on the credits

Betty

Banned
You missed an ever more unusual detail in the third image. The fuck is up with that upside down rainbow?

Totally didn't even occur to me how weird that is.

And I didn't realise those tentacle things are actually coming out of the tank, like it's bursting with lovecraftian craziness

Faustek

Don't really care or think anything of the 4chan leak but whatever it is its going to be great :D

Also I got a say I do love how yall in analysing mode, pointing out Shit some of us missed. Awesome

Compsiox

Banned
The strands provide energy from alternate universes. The energy was being used worldwide when suddenly the worlds collided due to overload.

Keep in mind that the OG PS4 ran Uncharted 4's reveal trailer in real-time @ 60fps...

No doubt, and i don't suspect the final games visuals will be this level outside of cut scenes, but its still phenomenal. These are the best character models I believe I've ever seen

Top Bottom