• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wipeout Omega Collection for PS4

missile

I can't imagine ...
There is a thread on WOZ discussing the order to death.

I am pretty sure it won't be that way. But I guess we have to wait and see.
Will be three different games, I'm cocksure about it. The collision, parameters
for the HD crafts, etc. need to be adapted to the 2048 tracks. I don't think
these three games (two to say the least) will be combined into one. That would
require to bring these games onto a common ground which needs way more
programming and testing. If that would be the case, it would had been
announced, because it would be an improvement you want the fans to know about.
And, it's called "WipEout Omega Collection". It's a collection of separated
things. Merging all three together into one wouldn't be any collection.

I would be please to be wrong about, mind you!

Used to love Wipeout but after playing Redout and seeing the trailer for this collection, it just looks limp by comparison.

Redout is just a relentless assault on the senses, it's so damn good.

Never heard of Redout before your post, thank you, looks excellent

I was lucky enough to stumble across a facebook advert just before it's release. I too had not heard of it before then. They've done an amazing job giving the controls a feel that is unique to the game and not just a copy of wipeout or f-zero.

I was lucky enough to stumble across a facebook advert just before it's release. I too had not heard of it before then. They've done an amazing job giving the controls a feel that is unique to the game and not just a copy of wipeout or f-zero.

Is it coming to consoles? I will be buying Wipeout Collection and this too if it is

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Next question, who is rocking Transcendence?

hgzQDzC.gif

Malakai

Is it sad that it takes a Wipeout Collection, Gravity Push, Horizon: Zero Dawn and a Digimon game to convince me that I want a PS4?

JamboGT

Good to see!

I had the "pleasure" of finishing the platinum during the patch that made the AI crazy with bombs and mines.... getting all golds on hardest AI on all tracks was the one of the toughest things I have ever done in games. Seemed so easy afterwards in comparison!

psilva

Damn, if I was still into PS4 gaming I would buy this immediately. 2048 on my old OLED Vita was one of the best gaming experiences I've had, going to be tough to forget. Glad to see my favourite Wipeout live on.

88random

Transcendence achieved and I can't wait to do it again :) I got it thanks to WOZ, where I finally found people for the Bling Brigade trophy.

It's a shame I couldn't get Platinum in 2048, the online campaign is too long and there's no people playing it anyway. Online trophies are the worst.

notacat

I really hope this gets a Vr patch. Looks good, but for some reason it just looks like it would really work well this way.

Planet

Why not just ask, I thought...

At least we now know, but I'd have preferred all mixed into one game, even interpreted the blog post that way.

amanset

I could reopen the OT from 2008, but it might be better to ask here.

Excitement from this got me to fire up the PS3 again and have a blast on Wipeout HD. Awesomes. But then I tried the custom soundtrack and, well, it is the first time I have tried this and I just can't get any music.

I've copied the MP3s over (soundtrack to Wipeout 3). I've created a playlist. I've selected that playlist in the options. In the pause menu I can also see the playlist and I can see the track names.

But no music.

I know the PS3 can play the files as they play from the XMB.

Has anyone any ideas what might be wrong?

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Why not just ask, I thought...

At least we now know, but I'd have preferred all mixed into one game, even interpreted the blog post that way.
Well, that's annoying. I just hope this doesn't mean that there won't be an online component for HD Fury. I wasn't too keen on 2048's set up.

Dont know if it has been discussed.

Is the music from the original Wipeout HD going to be included, mixed in 5.1 and all??? So many good tracks

5taquitos

Dont know if it has been discussed.

Is the music from the original Wipeout HD going to be included, mixed in 5.1 and all??? So many good tracks

The blog post mentions that only a limited number of original music will be returning, with new songs making up the bulk of the soundtrack.

Vally

So I'm doing the OT and would love to do something special for the game's release... I really like m0dus' idea of making another G.A.M.E. Wipeout soundtrack, it would be awesome if we could do something like that again.

I'll ask in the music production threads to see if anyone is interested; also if any of you would like to take part let me know, or if you know of any other gaffer who might be interested spread the word please :)

So I'm doing the OT and would love to do something special for the game's release... I really like m0dus' idea of making another G.A.M.E. Wipeout soundtrack, it would be awesome if we could do something like that again.

I'll ask in the music production threads to see if anyone is interested; also if any of you would like to take part let me know, or if you know of any other gaffer who might be interested spread the word please :)

Cool, I might be interested.

Nyx

I'd definitely be interested in making a track for it!

Top Bottom