• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

silva1991

The game gives you a preview of stat gains after leveling up when using the "Strengthen Persona" feature. You can manipulate a Persona's stats by repeatedly cancelling and entering. It's the best way to optimize Persona stats.

It sounds less annoying than save scumming that's for sure :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Haru rank 6 and shes just not showing up now... so annoying :(

I know it doesnt matter in the end if you get all maxed confidants (hell I dont even care about trophies) but im so close :/

Zephyx

10/27 question

Do i keep akechi as a fixed party member til the end of the game? Planning to invest in him quite a bit.

Mina-san

persona-5-official-toranosuke-yoshida-trailer_8q9y.640.jpg

I love this guy so much ._.

Jisgsaw

Dear Atlus,
While I really appreciate that you proposed a japanese dub with english subs, I'll let you in in a little secret:
YOU ALSO HAVE TO SUB THE FUCKING SPEECHES FROM THE TV IF THEY ARE RELEVANT TO WHAT IS HAPPENING IN YOUR ANIME CUTSCENES.

My god, has no one playtested 11/20 or what?

nOoblet16

Dear Atlus,
While I really appreciate that you proposed a japanese dub with english subs, I'll let you in in a little secret:
YOU ALSO HAVE TO SUB THE FUCKING SPEECHES FROM THE TV IF THEY ARE RELEVANT TO WHAT IS HAPPENING IN YOUR ANIME CUTSCENES.

You can turn subtitles on from options.

Szadek

Haru rank 6 and shes just not showing up now... so annoying :(

I know it doesnt matter in the end if you get all maxed confidants (hell I dont even care about trophies) but im so close :/
You can't spent time with her own sundays and when it's raining.

The God

I'm kinda confused about the Treasure Room route for the first Palace. Is that a separate objective or will I trigger the whole thing by going there?

Vorheez

Say what you want about me, but I love the pervy aspects in the game. I think it's great. Watching
sojiro creep on Ann
is hilarious and being able to
call my teacher late at night on the weekends to show up in a maid outfit and call me "master"
satisfies so many longterm fantasies I've had since adolescence that I finally understand the waifu warnings. I hope they don't get rid of it in future titles.

Dear Atlus,

Haha yeah, 11/20 confirmed my worst fears regarding the subs. You'll see the problem in one of the earliest animated cutscenes, and it only gets worse from there. (Every movie/DVD and animated cutscene has missing subtitles. For some inexplicable reason.)

If you want to hear everything, there's no choice but to go with the English dub.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So is the
memento stuff
with morgana after palace 7?

gun_haver

I did it. I did the thing.

7.5/10. Probably will not play NG+. Legitimately do not understand the near-universal 10/10 praise this game gets. Not to say that it's bad by any means, but it's far from 10/10. Joker is my favorite Persona protagonist by far. Dungeons felt padded to all fuck. Game was paced like ass. Yusuke and Akechi are both bae. And yaaas @ that soundtrack.

That was my very well-articulated and lovingly crafted review of Persona 5. I hope you all enjoyed and found it informative.

I'm only about 2/3rds of the way through the game I figure (start of October, waiting on 6th dungeon) but yeah overall this game is kind of disappointing. Maybe some of it is that once I really got into it, I just wasn't as up for another 100 hours of Persona as I thougth I was, but I also think alot of the game is just kind of boring.

About 7/10 seems right. There are good moments and I'm gonna finish the game off cos I think the story will at least pick up a bit towards the end, but I'm barely even reading the dialogue anymore because all the characters sound the same and I don't really care what they have to say anymore.

Could've been a lot better, really. Looks nice, though.

New to the Persona games, having only played a few hours of 4 on the Vita.
Loving 5 so far, but one question which I'm sure is obvious but I dont know.

Why do the enemies transform when you fight them? like, from a default Knight looking character to suddenly a floating girl with wings.

Are they Personas for the enemies as well or...?

Thud

Why do the enemies transform when you fight them? like, from a default Knight looking character to suddenly a floating girl with wings.

You rip the masks of shadows, revealing their true form.

Still their cognition makes them under control of the Palace's ruler. After you convince them to join you, they become Personas. They get a will of their own so to speak.

gun_haver

All of the enemies are obtainable Personas in this game, basically. They transform cos the dungeons have their own set of map enemy models which have slightly different behaviour (faster, slower, can see further or shorter).

It's kind of corner cutting to do this cos if I remember right Persona 4 at least had unique enemies for battle and then Personas as well which were obtained separately, but in this one it's all melded into one. You can talk to the enemies when you knock them all down and convince them to join you as a Persona - which you've probably figured out.

Kevinroc

Finally finished it just shy of 80 hours. That last dungeon and the final boss battle were something else.

I almost thought they were gonna pull a P4 on us and have yet another boss hidden at the end when I went around talking to everyone whose social link I maxed out.

I really enjoyed my time with this game. But I'm not feeling a NG+ playthrough at this time. The only thing I missed were a few social links that I didn't max out.

The Empress (I was already invested in a ton of other social links when this one became available, and I hadn't maxed out my proficiency until later still.)

The Hanged Man (Didn't raise my Guts to the level to start this until quite late)

The Sun (I was so close to finishing this one, too.)

Strength (I never bother with this kind of SL.)

I'm definitely curious what the seemingly inevitable P5 spin-off(s) will look like. And I'm really curious where they take this series in Persona 6.

Jisgsaw

You can turn subtitles on from options.

I have them on.
The TV reporters are NOT subtitled, while the rest are.

Haha yeah, 11/20 confirmed my worst fears regarding the subs. You'll see the problem in one of the earliest animated cutscenes, and it only gets worse from there. (Every movie/DVD and animated cutscene has missing subtitles. For some inexplicable reason.)

If you want to hear everything, there's no choice but to go with the English dub.

Yeah I noticed it in one of the first cutscene, but it wasn't that dramatic there.
The whole 11/20 cutscene however relies on the news report, not subbing them makes no sense whatsoever.

You rip the masks of shadows, revealing their true form.

Still their cognition makes them under control of the Palace's ruler. After you convince them to join you, they become Personas. They get a will of their own so to speak.

All of the enemies are obtainable Personas in this game, basically. They transform cos the dungeons have their own set of map enemy models which have slightly different behaviour (faster, slower, can see further or shorter).

It's kind of corner cutting to do this cos if I remember right Persona 4 at least had unique enemies for battle and then Personas as well which were obtained separately, but in this one it's all melded into one. You can talk to the enemies when you knock them all down and convince them to join you as a Persona - which you've probably figured out.

That all makes sense! Thank you both! :)

Jintor

The animation work in this game is amazingly superb. The scene in 04/10? or so (
the jump
) is really great, especially with Ann, but there's so much cool little animation work...

...that you can't share easily because Atlus's bullshit dumbshit restrictions

Agree about the animations. I've been noticing the different character's postures the entire time I've played--some sitting straight, others slouching in class, etc; it's all really impressive--made me realise how few games even try to capture that aspect of life.

Also everything Morgana does in cat form is gold. Everything!

Jisgsaw

So what is the easiest way to raise my charm?

Bathhouse Monday and... Wednesday I think? evening gives you +3.
Devil confident also gives you +3 (only thing this confident is good for...)
Working at Crossroads in Shinjuku on evenings can give you +2, depending on who you talk to.

Dugna

I noticed this as well. The idle team animations. Makoto is studying. Ryuuji is reading mannga, Haru takes a cup of tea, Ann is watching her phone, Yusuke is eating some Pocky, Futuba is playing with Morgana and protag does his moves.

Akechi
is probably just standing around like billboard.

Actually if you look at Akechi's face in the idle screen when they are having their meeting, his face is covered by the upper right timer for days left. Its kinda like hinting at his double mask...that or I'm overthinking it lol.

Damn, I really like Haru.
I hope I'll be able to complete her social link. I just reached rank 7 and it's 12/5. Fingers crossed.

So you can use a Persona that's a higher level than you, but you can't fuse to create one that's higher level than you?

Correct.
But you'll be able to circumvent that eventually.

MTC100

Banned
Movies, crosswords and gifts don't have a trophy attached to it. The only trophy that's a pain in the ass is the craft tools one.

Oh alright then, shouldn't be a big problem then and I can concentrate on the games and books. The crafting trophy is weird I could swear I crafted everything at least once but I didn't get it, is there something secret hidden I have to craft?

Sciel

Oh alright then, shouldn't be a big problem then and I can concentrate on the games and books. The crafting trophy is weird I could swear I crafted everything at least once but I didn't get it, is there something secret hidden I have to craft?
You have to craft everything yourself. Anything by
Kawakami
doesn't count.

MTC100

Banned
Actually if you look at Akechi's face in the idle screen when they are having their meeting, his face is covered by the upper right timer for days left. Its kinda like hinting at his double mask...that or I'm overthinking it lol.

I don't think they did it unintentionally... also the way he is standing far away from the others and also the way he is addressed in conversations give a hint or two too I think, he was never really trusted to begin with.

You have to craft everything yourself. Anything by Kawakami doesn't count.

I didn't let her craft anything, I think... oh damn wait... I think I let her make the
Eternal
lockpick out of curiosity if she can handle that...

-Well it doesn't really matter though, with enough profeciency you can craft everything within 2 sessions anyway I think.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

No but the eternal lockpick is a pain in the ass to make, and YOU have to make it. If you use the Temperance bond to make something like that it doesn't count.

RalchAC

Damn, I really like Haru.
I hope I'll be able to complete her social link. I just reached rank 7 and it's 12/5. Fingers crossed.

Correct.
But you'll be able to circumvent that eventually.

Yeah, me too. But I have to recognise that some of my best memories of youth were hanging out at a Café, whose owner was a friend of mine. The coffee he made was amazing and I used to hang out there with a friend of mine that really helped me overcome some struggles and become a more realised person. She is a person I hold really close to my heart.

The Café was always half empty and it closed after two years because the owner couldn't profit it.

So basically any Confidant
that is related to coffee
hits me harder than those who don't.

Young Magus

11/20 Spoilers

First Set of Events:
ohhh.png
gucci3.png
dwill.png
ooh.png
lupe1.png
wtf.png

The Breakdown of What Happened:
wow.png
patrice.png
banderas.png

Your maxed out Links messaging you to see if the reports were false
mjcry1.png
aqDwC.png

Ryujis Reaction, "We got em`" Alongside MCs smirk in the cutscene
banderas.png
mjgrin.png
50KS8.png
mynicca1.png

MSMrRound

Bathhouse Monday and... Wednesday I think? evening gives you +3.
Devil confident also gives you +3 (only thing this confident is good for...)
Working at Crossroads in Shinjuku on evenings can give you +2, depending on who you talk to.

Monday and Thursday.

Other than Devil, the Sun confident can give +3 charm as well.

Yeah, me too. But I have to recognise that some of my best memories of youth were hanging out at a Café, whose owner was a friend of mine. The coffee he made was amazing and I used to hang out there with a friend of mine that really helped me overcome some struggles and become a more realised person. She is a person I hold really close to my heart.

The Café was always half empty and it closed after two years because the owner couldn't profit it.

So basically any Confidant
that is related to coffee
hits me harder than those who don't.

Sounds like the Sojiro and Haru Confidants were written especially for you =)

11/20 Spoilers

Congratulations on winning the thread.

Canti

Thought I was just going to be reading spoilers on
Akechi
idle animations but ended up screwing myself over on the plot after 60+ hours in the dark on mid-palace
. I know it was marked spoiler but given the context... damnit GAF! ;_;

Top Bottom