• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild "OMG I didn't know you could do that!" thread [SPOILERS]

C_NVQa7UIAA8R4L.jpg

C_NVfAoUQAAXUzC.jpg

Oh my god, I need to try this.

Have you not been to Korok Forest where you get one during a shrine quest and get told about this?
I did that quest, but don't remember being told about it.

Actually not sure if it's the same quest, but I did one where you're given a bow and a sword and you're forced to use them and nothing else.

Edit: Actually not sure if that trial gave me the bow, might have been only Sword and sheild? But I did have the x3 Korok bow at some point.

That was my first multi bow. The Korok tells you, iirc. Either he or the tool tip.

I guess I didn't read the tip when you first pick it up... I thought that was always the same as the description. Strange to put that info on a message that only appears once and you can't see it again for that weapon.

TheMoon

I guess I didn't read the tip when you first pick it up... I thought that was always the same as the description. Strange to put that info on a message that only appears once and you can't see it again for that weapon.

Leaning more towards the Korok telling you, would make more sense. I just remember "something" informed me about that bit and I was all "whaaa???" :)

These 2 posts has been updated with most non repeated contributions up untill page 20:

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=235641214
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=235864375

This one has been updated with some details:

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=234939046

Here's the new ones:
  • Giant Horse. Raming enemies with this horse does more damage than a normal one. The Horse Gear doesn't work on this mount so is not possible to customize it.
  • First Time Animations. This are some animations that happen 1 time in the game: 1) Opening the Sheika Map. 2) Using the Sheika Scope. 3) Link getting spooked when using a Shrine Elevator.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_0115uo3.jpg
  • Link's Eating Animations: There's various animations depending of food type: 1) Ingredients, 2) Fairies, 3) Drinks, 4) Cooked Food, 4) Food Skewers, 5) Dubious Food and 6) Rock Hard Food.
  • Cryonis. Some subtle details programmed into these pillars: Some objects skid on top of it's surface for example chests or boxes. Most enemy projectiles can be blocked with an ice pillar from a Guardian Laser to a Lynel Fire Breath attack. A Cryonis Pillar can shield the wind but not the rain.

If the player trains itself to quickly lay and jump between pillars it can be close to swiming in terms of speed but with the advanatage minimal stamina consumtion and there's no speed lost when going against a water cuarrent, which heavily affects normal swiming..
  • Quiver. The max ammount of visible arrows inside a quiver is 7. A nice attention to detail is that when the amount of arrows goes down 6 the quiver will visibly reflect the remaining number in the inventory.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_012ibeb.jpg
  • Chikaloo Nuts. This rare item can be found in some trees. However, the sure way to get them is to kill an sparrow, those small little birds that spook easily and tend to gather in groups. The most efficient way to quickly gather these nuts is to fire a bomb arrow or flinging a bomb with the deku leaf to a group or enter bow concentration mode to pick them up 1 by 1.
  • Resting Birds. A bird perching of a tree is a good indicator that eggs might on top of it.
  • Wizrobes.Within the same element the apperance of this creature changes depending of the level of rod it uses. They can summon elemental Kesses and Chus, high level Wizrobes are able to summon big Chus.

With a dance they can summon Fire Storms, Thunder Storms and Blizards, when this happens it generates a micro weather causing the climate to change in the nearby area and it even cancels the "natural" weather before the summon. For example, a Fire storm will cancel rain. During a Fire Storm temperatures raises upto 121 F envolving the area in a heat haze. During a Blizzard it goes to -17F and the visibility around drops. Getting out of the micro Blizzard will make it raining briefly due to the sudden temperature change. In all cases Link takes enviromental damage if not clothed properly.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01mdbje.jpg
  • Wooden Elevators. Not very useful but interesting. Instead of dragging a counter weight to the opposite platform to gain lift is possible to use an Octo Ballon to ascend.
  • Anche. Start a campfire, use a Fire Rod or enter the Gerudo Ice House with a torch.
  • Olkin the hypocrite. At night when he wife is not around to watch over the Plum garden he will call Link's attention if he sees him runing over there. Like with Mellie you can destroy the Plums and have a reaction from him. If you keep following him during his training, one can see Olkin stepping all over Steen carrots, if you catch him doing this there's an extra conversation to witness.
  • Sheika the waterproof people. Maybe not so obvious? Upon entering this village during a rainy day, one can notice they are the only people that stay outside in the rain instead of runing for cover like in other towns. The reason for this is learned through NPC conversations.
  • Revali's Gale Fun. This is like having a portable turbine at all times since you can activate it by pressing and holding the jump button (X) but can abort it's use by pressing B. Only limitation is that the wind always goes up so it can't be used in the sail boat. One can float small objects way up like: Apples in trees, bombs, pots, flags or any dangling object like cloths. It works for heavier objects by attaching an Octo ballon and using the wind to quickly propel it up.
  • Lighting Ore. Is possible to light a fire by throwing the wood near an ore deposit and hitting it with a metal weapon. Not for everyday use but it saves some flint.
  • Meeting Zidon. There's an alternate way to meet Zidon. If one avoids talking to him near Lanayru Tower and goes straight to King Doraphen and alternate cutscene will play. Nintendo taught this one out thoroughly.

The kids in hateno love the blue flame and will follow you around if you have your torch lit with it
Really nice one.

The entire Hateno village reacts to the Blue flame. They all have new lines of dialogue making reference to it.

jnWake

I'm sure this has been mentioned several times before but you can use the camera to tell if a Guardian is alive from afar or to tell if a pile of rocks is a Talus without triggering the fights.

Insaniac

Holy shit, my brother found something new I think. Throwing a hot pepper (or a Sunshroom) into a campfire will create an updraft when it burns!

edit: don't even need the campfire, one burning hot pepper or sunshroom will create an updraft!

Holy shit, my brother found something new I think. Throwing a hot pepper (or a Sunshroom) into a campfire will create an updraft when it burns!

edit: don't even need the campfire, one burning hot pepper or sunshroom will create an updraft!
Actually this was brought up before. It even sparkled a conversation about updrafts creation. The person that mentioned this before used Fire Jelly and a peper much quicker this way instead of using a camp fire. Other person mentioned using 3 stacks of wood to create the updraft, but more accuratly without any other burning material 4 stacks of wood are needed. The cool thing is that those 4 stacks create a permanent updraft as long as the fire is alive.

Something that hasn't been brought up in the thread but is probably known. The dialog of the village elders changes to some extent depending if Link has the Master Sword or not at that point. It was interesting to see how the NPCs kept talking about it since i never bothered to take it from the pedestal after i found it. Know noticing the changes after doing another run with it.

Seems like this was found but it's new to me! Very cool.

Hitting flint/wood with your weapon doesn't affect its durability. For the longest time I didn't want to start fires with my weapons for that reason until I noticed lighting flint doesn't degrade your weapon.

I'm guessing it's the same with chuchu jelly, but it's probably not smart to hit that with a melee weapon.

Anustart

Hitting flint/wood with your weapon doesn't affect its durability. For the longest time I didn't want to start fires with my weapons for that reason until I noticed lighting flint doesn't degrade your weapon.

I'm guessing it's the same with chuchu jelly, but it's probably not smart to hit that with a melee weapon.

I learned early on not to hit my red chu jelly with melee.

Pardon me if this has been posted already. But this blew my mind.

Yesterday I realised I could deal with those big heavy slabs over holes and secrets a different way than I had been.

Previously I would use Stasis and wail on them until they budged off. That was, until I realised I could just place a few Octo Balloons on it and watch it float peacefully away.

Until they pop that is, so watch out!

If you shoot the Master Sword laser over grass it cuts it even without contact. So if you shoot it in a straight line you get a nice long "landing strip" with one shot. Might be the fastest way to mow the lawn.

Jarsonot

If you somehow manage to drop the master sword, the sword will float back to the forest and a special message is displayed
The player here basically does it via memory overloading and confusing the game which weapon is currently held.
I know failsaves are done everywhere by developers, but having a unique animation and text is quite amazing.

Will getting shocked cause you to drop the master sword? That would suck if it floated away and you couldn't pick it up again, =). (Haven't watched the video yet to see the animation)

Caelus

Will getting shocked cause you to drop the master sword? That would suck if it floated away and you couldn't pick it up again, =). (Haven't watched the video yet to see the animation)

The Master Sword can't be dropped whatsoever, attempting to throw it just shoots sword beams. The person in the video glitched the game to access unused code where the sword would've returned to the forest - thankfully Nintendo chose not to use that.

Smellycat

Ride the Lord of The Mountain all the way to The Horse God and see what happens :)

nothing :( I was hoping for a cutscene or something

What's that big golden thing on the mountain up in the snow mountains?

Maybe that's a star fragment?

Also, I just noticed that enemies avoid bodies of water when there is a thunderstorm. Oktorocs will float over the water and will not attack and lizalfos will stay on the shore but will not go in the water. Lizalfos will still attack though.

Also, I just noticed that enemies avoid bodies of water when there is a thunderstorm. Oktorocs will float over the water and will not attack and lizalfos will stay on the shore but will not go in the water. Lizalfos will still attack though.
Is there a place to see this or a way to replicate?

i' ve seen Octoroks floating but i can't recall right now if it was thunderstorm related.

TheMoon

Is there a place to see this or a way to replicate?

i' ve seen Octoroks floating but i can't recall right now if it was thunderstorm related.

they sometimes randomly float above the water because they're bored as hell waiting for some random fallen hero to shoot at.

they sometimes randomly float above the water because they're bored as hell waiting for some random fallen hero to shoot at.
Haha... Like i said i' ve seen Octos doing that. At first i thought this was at noon because of the raising temperature making the inner guts fill with hot air, but then i saw this behavior at other times of day.

im particullary curious about the "enemies avoiding the water during a thunderstorm" claim. i mean Bokos and Mobs will always do so since they can't swim. So that would leave only non electric Lizalfos avoiding the water because although all varieties of them can swim only the elctric ones are resistant to shock.

So i wonder if it's indeed a game feature or the player is seen things that aren't there in this case. ???

On a some what related note, serious props to the game on how good it is at taking the enviromental conditions and making them part of emergent gameplay. An electric lizalfos is a completely different type of enemy near shallow puddles of water and the same i would say about an electric Keeze during a thunderstorm.

We talked about shield surfing in the thread previously but have confirmed something more or less interesting.

i took a Royal Shield one hit away from braking and then proceeded to shield surf hundreds of times in snow or sand only, and the shield doesn't brake. So i guess we can conclude that these 2 surfaces has 0 shield degradation.

Finally, i ended up trying another "soft" surface i can think of and that was wet grass. The shield instantly broke. So maybe the assertion is correct after all.

Looks like the red moon doesn't work when you are in the Castle area. When you see the red moon fast travel to the shrine inside the castle area and wait the until 12:00 am.

TheMoon

We talked about shield surfing in the thread previously but have confirmed something more or less interesting.

i took a Royal Shield one hit away from braking and then proceeded to shield surf hundreds of times in snow or sand only, and the shield doesn't brake. So i guess we can conclude that these 2 surfaces has 0 shield degradation.

Finally, i ended up trying another "soft" surface i can think of and that was wet grass. The shield instantly broke. So maybe the assertion is correct after all.

I thought that was officially known about snow and sand not damaging your shield? I'm imagining an NPC or tooltip telling me? Maybe?

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Holy crap, I never considered double stacking items and lifting the bottom one to lift myself real high. This thread rules.

I'm not sure if it works with every item or just the minecarts. All the videos I've seen involving flying have used minecarts, and I seem to remember all the exploits involving Magnesis originating with the minecarts.

Koren

Looks like the red moon doesn't work when you are in the Castle area. When you see the red moon fast travel to the shrine inside the castle area and wait the until 12:00 am.
You don't get the animation, but what about the effect? I felt like it triggered when I was in the Castle, but I haven't checked.

In any case, it may not be the best idea to avoid the Blood Moon for too long. I mean, it's basically a cleaning for the game: the game need to track what you have done (who you've killed, what you've destroyed, etc.), and the list only gets bigger with time. Without the Blood Moon to empty the list, you'll have memory and possibly performances issues.

Koren

Holy crap, I never considered double stacking items and lifting the bottom one to lift myself real high. This thread rules.

I'm not sure if it works with every item or just the minecarts. All the videos I've seen involving flying have used minecarts, and I seem to remember all the exploits involving Magnesis originating with the minecarts.
There's definitively a bug with the carts.

If you stack items, and try to use magnesis on one, it fails as soon as you stand on one of the items that are on one you use magnesis on. I've tried this as soon as the first shrine, and was surprised to see it working with carts. I haven't been able to find another combination.

I'm not sure of the reason, the physical simulation probably returns a wrong dependency tree when there's a cart involved, somehow...

TheMoon

If you stack items, and try to use magnesis on one, it fails as soon as you stand on one of the items that are on one you use magnesis on. I've tried this as soon as the first shrine, and was surprised to see it working with carts. I haven't been able to find another combination.

I'm not sure of the reason, the physical simulation probably returns a wrong dependency tree when there's a cart involved, somehow...

Wouldn't this more likely be because you are supposed to be able to use force to propel mine carts forward on the tracks?

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

I'm wondering if perhaps the team encountered a legitimate use case for the carts that required some unusual physics property that in turn broke the typical way they prevented people from exploiting this. That's just a total (likely nonsensical) guess because I'm really surprised Nintendo hasn't patched this yet. There are a lot of very popular videos about this on the internet, and it definitely looks like something that could break the game and how it was designed to be explored.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the carts are already weird with how they work, since it makes no sense that they A) move how they do and B) protect you from the bomb blast. The carts are just one big physics anomaly.

This post has been updated:

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=234939046

COMPILATION OF CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE THREAD:

PAGE 1 - 8:
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=235641214

PAGE 8 - 20:
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=235864375

PAGE 21

when you throw the windcleaver the weapons float a little more than normal weapons because of its wind based element

A Stalnox's eye floats when thrown to the water. I thought it would sink and the Stalnox will die.

This got me too, what happens when you do naked selfies when it's cold?
https://twitter.com/TristanACooper/status/847536313943371779

So if you make Red Chuchu Jelly, then the game describes it as "A jiggly substance that normally comes from a Fire Chuchu." If you get it from a Fire Chuchu it removes "normally".

PAGE 22

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but if you aim the camera at the sky while under attack from horse-riding Bokoblins, all of their arrows miss you, no matter what. If you are low on arrows you can just aim the camera at the sky and run in circles, blindly grabbing the arrows on the ground.

PAGE 23

Well, you can farm an unlimited amount of arrows from archers on horseback that way. If they aren't on a horse, they start breaking after 5.

But besides that, another way to get more arrows out of normal archers is if you have a wooden shield, you can get a few more arrows from normal archers if they hit your shield because you can put them in your inventory when you put your shield away. I think you might be able to farm an unlimited amount of arrows this way as well, but due to the low durability of wooden shields they break after a few arrows anyways so it's not the most efficient way to farm since you are likely only gaining an extra 5 arrows or so before your shield breaks, but early game if you have wooden shields to sacrifice, it's worthwhile.

Also if you land a headshot on an archer, they will drop an addition bundle of 5 arrows. Again, more useful early game than later.
Nothing mind blowing but it's possible to cancel out lynel fire balls with ice arrows or an ice rod.

Diamonds are easy to come by. Just gather tons of luminous stones. A particular green Zora working on the railings at Zora's Domain will trade you 10 luminous stones for 1 diamond as often as you like.
PAGE 24

I found this neat trick that will trivialize many encounters (singular enemy encounters)

So, as anybody who played this game would know, sneaking up on an enemy from behind will allow you to preform a "sneak strike" which does 4x (I think) the damage as a normal attack. However when you preform a sneak strike on an enemy and it doesn't kill them, it then alerts them to your presence, right? Wrong. Once you use the sneak strike on an enemy, it will fall down, and then stand up, and turn to face the direction where the sneak strike happened, however it only alerts the foe of your presence if you still standing in its view. So, if you were to, say, run (or walk) to the other side of the foe, it will jump up and turn around, and not notice you, there by allowing you to sneak strike it once again. Rinse and repeat until enemy is dead. Should probably be noted that I was wearing the Shieka Ninja stuff when I did all this.

Here is a little picture (drawn in mspaint) to show what I mean.
YNpztlX.png

Never seen this one yet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zegzLczwB5w

It's seems to be some kind of achievement thing?

You can also revive horses? it seems so.
I used a meteor rod in Hateno Village and one of the gossiping ladies fell down and tripped when she was trying to run away from the fire.

Go totally Mario Kart in Zelda BotW? Oh boy, you can:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAx5aWxvw8M
A couple of other very interesting discoveries.

1. What lies beyond the boundaries of Hyrule's limits? Well turns out there's a huge amount of valleys, mountains, rivers...

>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7SaVsP4OQQ

2. You can actually get out the Beast Ganon final fight area and enter normally a Divine Beast dungeon you haven't still beaten (in this case, Vah Rudania):

>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kQeoK5Nqfc

It has some unexpected consequences, though, as many elements of the game are missing once you enter the game's boss.
PAGE 25

Hilarious video. The journey to throw a cucco into death mountain:

http://kotaku.com/the-incredible-journey-to-throw-a-breath-of-the-wild-cu-1794255417

More physics madness from the community. Shrine skips with Cryonis/Shield/Bomb jumps:

>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jlC_V1e_Tg

I'm sure this will be quite useful for speedruns in certain areas.
Shrine treasures apparently get better if you come back to get them later. I was watching a colleague play with his 100% file, going back to some early shrines, where he skipped the treasure boxes. He was pulling out Royal weapons and stuff out of, like, the shrine where you get Magnesis.

That's some Chrono Trigger shit.
And youtube's recommendation after that was even more bizarre:
Flying a guardian on a raft.
I don't even understand the (virtual) physics involved...
PAGE 26

This deals with the shrouded shrine in the northern part of Great Hyrule Forest.

Easy way to complete it:

You are supposed to enter from the west end of the island. I had just completed the Eldin region and the Divine beast of that region. I had been working my way through the map going counter-clockwise so I came upon this area from the east. I used Cryonis to cross the sludge and get into the shrouded area to start the shrine quest. Coming in the area from the east puts you only a few steps away from the Hinox and the orb pedestal. I equipped a fire rod or flame blade, can't remember which one. Then I just held ZL with Daruk's protection active to illuminate a wide area around me. From there I snuck up on the hinox, climbed into his hand, and stole the orb when he put me on his belly. I later found the real entrance to this area and saw that you were supposed to use fire/torches to find your way. I guess I unintentionally cheeses my way through
This person continues to do amazing work.

Shield surfing mini game cheat using the flying machine.

https://youtu.be/rXadlIqQK9I

Smash Link amiibo will spawn Epona the first time.
Ok so I'm hearing people still talking on podcasts about patting horses being the only way to raise affinity. Are apples really not widely known?

Hold 5 apples, stand in front of a tamed horse, and they'll eat from your hands. Massive affinity boost.

Repear 2-3 times to max affinity with any horse.
PAGE 27

Apparently it's actually possible to get two Lynels to fight you at the same time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTX-mTPVGiI

I just saw something new I've never seen before

I am just north east of Deplian Badlands it is 9PM and I am just looking down the cliffside
and Fire Keese start to fly towards me but then it started raining, never seen rain up here before. But the Fire Keese lost their fire they started smoking and then they just died. Rain Kills Fire Keese! :O
PAGE 28
For the stealth section I just brute forced it. Didn't really feel like being stealthy at the time and I'm glad the game allows you fight your way through it. (Even if it might be the more difficult option)
"Stealth"

Someone bashed a lynel to death with a bookshelf.

https://gfycat.com/HeartfeltLoathsomeClam
Hmm didn't know this but if you use an electric type weapon in rain you will get a circular radius of damage when it connects with an enemy, looks simlar to Urbosa's Fury but not that strong.
PAGE 29
When you grab the little stone golems you can press the A-button to put them back down... on their "heads."

So what? Well, they can't right themselves again. Oh, they'll kick their little stone feet in the air all right. Then they explode.
... But I had a nice chuckle when I went collecting some honeycombs. Soon I had at least 3 swarms of bees buzzing after me and, as I was running, I ran past some npcs... who then joined me in running away or tripping over from the bees, screaming! haha Did not expect that.

You may know if you have like 4 or 5 fairies in your bag then the fairy will not respawn any more

But if you hold them like holding foods, the fairy in your hand will not go away and will make wild fairy respawn again
Sidon (Σιδών) is a deeply sea-related town, now in Lebanon, founded in the Bible by a great-grandson of Noah, and the meaning is apparently related to "full of fish" and the like...

Seems a more likely candidate than a approximate wordplay on Poseidon to me, unless it's more obvious in some languages.

Nah, it's music notes:
Do Rephan
Mi Pha
Zo La (Zora)
Si Don
PAGE 30

Is it known that you can leave switches pressed with a bunch of apples? (7 to be exact I believe, and I assume other items would work as well). I was really shocked when a friend of mine tried this very early in the game when he didn't see a steel barrel and it worked.

Not sure if it's OMG, but the guy from the archery game usually sells you bomb arrows unless it's raining and then they are shock arrows.
PAGE 31

Riju will fawn over her sand stuffed seals once she thinks you arent looking

18076688_1478818832191781_1726840781209480272_o.jpg
Make sure you do all KASS songs because the last one is a really nice insight about Princess Zelda

The Song Spoiler: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbvUfHlG8uA

I really think they should have made it clearer that it was
Her Love for him that finally released her power
using more hints and cutscenes not hidden in one KASS song
Heh, while Im sure some of you know this I just found this out today when talking to paya. The whereabouts of her birthmark are eventually revealed.

18192668_1480825855324412_3952396881010501851_o.jpg

18192649_1480826121991052_7526652626876731569_o.jpg
An interesting thing I know must be in here but the Korok puzzles that involve diving or throwing rocks into circular formations can be done easier with the Cryonis Rune. For the diving ones just build a block near the circle formation and dive off the block. For the rock throwing use Cryonis to build blocks to make it easier to do.
PAGE 32

You can carry bokoblin heads into towns where enemies don't normally appear to scare villagers.

PAGE 33
The kids in hateno love the blue flame and will follow you around if you have your torch lit with it
C_NVQa7UIAA8R4L.jpg

C_NVfAoUQAAXUzC.jpg

PAGE 34
If you somehow manage to drop the master sword, the sword will float back to the forest and a special message is displayed
The player here basically does it via memory overloading and confusing the game which weapon is currently held.
I know failsaves are done everywhere by developers, but having a unique animation and text is quite amazing.

Each of the themes for the Divine Beasts contains Morse Code that spells out S-O-S. I collected some examples here.

There's some other Morse in there but no one is sure what it means. Reddit is trying to figure it out.
Do not know if posted before but today made the Rudania mission. Found that if you turn 90 degrees Rudania you can go through the hole on the door ( eye shaped hole). You just need to crouch on the hole and will go inside the room without the need to use a blue flame arrow.

Once inside turn on the terminal and again turn Rudania 90 degrees and go outside, never needed the blue flame.

Vah_Rudania_Terminal_2_1.jpg

PAGE 35:

I found something neat courtesy of TVtropes.org:

"When you find a memory, Link will get the Sheikah Slate out and look at its associated photo, but the final memory's photo is on the wall of Impa's house, so when Link finds that memory, he just stands there looking around for a few seconds instead... but if you take a photo of the photo on Impa's wall, Link will get out the Slate and look at the photo of the photo, like he does for the other memories."

Not something you the player directly due, but more insane attention to detail.

Protip: statis the acorn before shooting it. *refreshment.01 Note: kennah speaks of the Korok shooting puzzles.

PAGE 36:
How to kill Silver Lynels in under 60 seconds consuming only 8 normal arrows, no dodging or parrying and zero weapon durability:

https://youtu.be/Okl8KlcRMUc

Lynel-mounted attacks don't degrade your weapon.

Interesting interaction,

Early on in the Zora plotline they mention that Zora skin is highly shockprone and thus Zoras are afraid to touch shock arrows.

Now as for the special interaction, if you swing a weapon at any Zora they will be mad/surprised and the guards will try to knock you back. A thunder weapon on the other hand will cause the Zora to cower in fear. Works even on Sidon. Funny how they took every Zora and coded in that special shock interaction.

PAGE 37:
I found the shrine quest in the desert that took me back to Gerudo Town to the local bar. The barkeep told me she needed some ice to make the Noble Pursuit drink. I went out of town to the ice house to fetch the ice, and swapped out my vai clothes (since the defense is terrible) for my standard voe getup. At the point where I met up with the barkeep at the end of the ruins with the ice, she actually commented that I wasn't the person she was expecting to meet (since I was no longer dressed as a girl), but no matter; she wanted the ice anyway.

I rode a bear to Dueling Peaks Stable and notice that if you ride the bear near a chicken it will run away in the opposite direction with fear.

Some of the characters at the stable also react with fear.

PAGE 38:
Prior to Vah Ruta, the Zora girl who sends the canister downstream stays in her parents' inn at Zora's Domain.

At one point, she wasn't in the inn while the canister was. It wouldn't be a Zelda game without going into people's properties and destroying their belongings, so I smashed it and went to speak to her father about staying at the inn. Before I could book, she came in and interrupted the conversation, shouting at me about destroying her love letters.

Very cool attention to detail given there's a good chance you wouldn't even speak to her prior to the dungeon.

I did some tests right now to properly answer your question

So, to explain further what i meant.

- As soon as you leave the plateau, there are NO yiga clan members (either the ones that attack you, or the npcs disguised).

- if you talk to impa without defeating master kohga, diguised npcs will start to appear, the first one will talk to you as soon as you approach him, without any button prompt.

- If you defeat master kohga, this will prompt both npcs diguised and attacking ones. Disguised NPCs will talk about how you killed their master in this case.

If you play the shrine quest about the missing heirloom, you will discover that one of the guards was giving information to the yiga clan about link, so that's why they start to papear after link visits impa, since that's the first moment of the guard getting notice of link.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Some "new" details:
  • Dalia. In Gerudo Town, after completing the "water polution Quest" destroy the wild berry bushes when Dalia is present. See what happens.
  • Meeting Zidon. There's an alternate way to meet Zidon. If one avoids talking to him near Lanayru Tower and goes straight to King Doraphen and alternate cutscene will play. Nintendo taught this one out thoroughly.
  • Raised in a barn. In any of the busyness that have a counter, if Link is able to climb on top, it would probably elicit a reaction when talking to the NPC. For example, Tarry Town, Hateno Hotel, Hateno's Tech Lab.
  • Gerudo Shopping. There are various NPC reactions snd extra lines of dialogue both from sellers and on lookers when buying all the items in a given store.
    wiiu_screenshot_tv_01s5jj4.jpg
  • Cooking under the spicy moon. While i was compiling the details saw this one mentioned more than once but no one said how one can learn about cooking upgrades. In Gerudo town, inside the coocking school lays 2 recipe books, one of those out of Link's reach. If the player waits for nightfall Ashai finishes her Voe Class and return to this place to impart cooking class. If Link examines the book again at this time, one of the Gerudo students (since Gerudos are tall) offers to read him the book. Among various advices is the red moon tip.
  • We don't know cameras but we love Selfies. Kind of puzzling to see people into the "Selfie Culture" in a world were cameras are mostly unknown. When entering the Sheika Slate Selfie Mode NPCs nearby will focus it's attention on the camera. More over, some characters will briefly stop what they are doing to focus on the camera: If casually walking by stop for a brief moment, if leaning the NPC will briefly stand up or in other cases stop an animation.
  • When i was checking out about doing the Korok trial without touching the Master Sword. For the stealth mision shrine, i noticed that you can use the paraglider to float above the little Korok and if you know the path you don't have to tail him around and instead go straight to the shrine. This is made easier since the path is sort of marked by the pink flowers but most noticibly a path of Silent Princess set around.
  • For the trial of Iron, you don't even need to talk to the Korok. Just navigate with magnesis until you reach the shrine.
  • Was fooling around the flying beast and noticed that all switches are reachable without manipulating the beast with the map, there are ways to use the wind drafts in the default beast position. So i guess you can complete it without downloading the map.
  • Withouth activating the Towers is possible to populate the map to some degree. Stables, Shrines, Towns and captured Korok seeds are marked when activated. Couple this with the 105 custom stamps and it makes extra playthrougs more interesting to navigate.
  • The idle character animation when Link is on top of a horse chanches depending on the numerical value of afinity. One animation for <50 and a more subtle peaceful one for >50.

Alebrije

Do not know if posted before but today made the Rudania mission. Found that if you turn 90 degrees Rudania you can go through the hole on the door ( eye shaped hole). You just need to crouch on the hole and will go inside the room without the need to use a blue flame arrow.

Once inside turn on the terminal and again turn Rudania 90 degrees and go outside, never needed the blue flame.

Vah_Rudania_Terminal_2_1.jpg

I thought that was officially known about snow and sand not damaging your shield? I'm imagining an NPC or tooltip telling me? Maybe?
Hmmm... i think a tooltip is out of the question. Since we know the game detects player behavior to suggest tips when loading i think that after expending close to 2 hours shield surfing and loading multiple times would have caused the specific tooltip to appear.
The shield surf master on mount Hebra mentions this.
Can you be more specific?

When i was testing Selmie with the dialogs for the different shields and messing around with the ones hanging in her cabin (magnetizing or setting them on fire) i never seen her saying that the the shields take 0 damage from sand or snow. im pretty sure i have explored her dialogues trees thoroughly.

At least is not common knowledge for what i' ve seen. i remember in the " suggest a tweak" thread some people wanting for shields to take even less damage when surfing or none at all. And i didn't see anyone making the observation that they don't take damage in these 2 surfaces.

So excuse me if i was mistaken. But i will surely like to see when or where is this specificaly pointed out in the hame if anyone knows.

Top Bottom