• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cabal me excited - Destiny 2 Gameplay today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

What does cross save mean if not cross play? You can use the same characters, but PC players and ps4 players do not see each other?

Sounds like cross-platform characters. So you can play the same characters on PC/PS4/Xbox (or not Xbox according to this). A lot of people have been asking for it as it's nice to play with folks on different platforms. A few dedicated folks have been running 6 characters across PS4 and Xbox for most of Destiny's life.

It makes sense if you're Sony to push for this, as it would allow Xbox players to jump ship throughout the game's life (incentive being strong exclusive content with each expansion and a larger playerbase, just like we have now) without feeling tied to their progress/gear/characters. One of the reasons I prefer to play on my Xbox over my PS4 is because I've put the time in there. In that light, it makes sense for MS to not want to allow that for the same reason. All with a grain of salt, of course. We'll see in 43 hours or so.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I feel like there's no chance of any of this stuff aside from the PS4 exclusive content. Devs ignore the Pro all day and there's no way this is hitting 60, despite how awesome that would be.
Given how much Sony promotes Destiny and how well the CoD games have supported the Pro, I think that's a given. Sony may even have been willing to help out on it if needed.

EL CUCO

I've heard a few things from a few folks who have played the game.

- 60fps (from multiple first hand sources)
- PS4 and PC Cross-Save (not Cross-Play), and Microsoft is holding back the Cross Save for XBox
- Optimized for PS4 Pro, the next PS4, and Scorpio
- More exclusive PS4 content, again. Ugh.

Can't reveal my sources, so feel free to disregard all of that as conjecture. I'm personally hoping that we get Cross-Save for all three platforms.
Welp. Looks like im on board and ready for the disappointment train. Lets go!

60 fps would assuredly mean 900/some variation of 720 p for ps4 and xbox one correct? I could see 1440 or 1800 on ps4 pro and scorpio.

H3xum

I wish Scorpio launch lined up with D2. I want it day one so bad but I might wait to experience it on the new box

This is Bungie's chance to make up for Destiny AND Halo 2. Come on Bungie- give us a sequel that actually fulfills the potential of the series.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul

- PS4 and PC Cross-Save (not Cross-Play), and Microsoft is holding back the Cross Save for XBox

Can't reveal my sources, so feel free to disregard all of that as conjecture. I'm personally hoping that we get Cross-Save for all three platforms.
you're not CBOAT.....

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
60 fps would assuredly mean 900/some variation of 720 p for ps4 and xbox one correct? I could see 1440 or 1800 on ps4 pro and scorpio.
If it's 60, I would expect dynamic res. It's helped a lot of FPS games hit that performance target and works with checkerboarding on the Pro. Would allow for quiet moments looking over the environment to be sharp and combat to flow well even with tons of effects and enemies.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Totally agreed. Even when he told me the codename, I called bullshit, but he assured me it was legit.

I'm not in the market for another PS4 this year. I just picked up the Pro. I'm gonna be real unhappy if there's another one in 2017.
I'll be super angry if there's a new PS4 unless it's just adding a 4k drive or some other non gaming update. I bought a Pro at launch.

jeffc919

Totally agreed. Even when he told me the codename, I called bullshit, but he assured me it was legit.

I'm not in the market for another PS4 this year. I just picked up the Pro. I'm gonna be real unhappy if there's another one in 2017.

Could mean anything though. PS4 Pro slim, etc. It did stick out to me as one of the less plausible things on that list though.

lt519

Destiny 2 is the most hyped I'll have ever been for a game. Missing opening weekend but I'm going blackout on all preview until the beta.

Hunters.

Nauren

but.. but.... I don't wanna..... and I probably will.....

Boke1879

Really can't wait to see gameplay of this thing.

Also don't you guys think something like the "next PS4" would have been leaked by now?

Really hope its not as boring as the last game.

Needs more variety gameplay and visually.

Give me actually lively planets and not dead boring wastelands.

Tales from your ass except exclusive content which is already known. Why on earth would ms hold back cross save when windows is more important to them than xbox? Maybe some of this shit is true but I think your source is your backside.

Wadiwasi

Banned
I played the beta of Destiny 1, thinking that it wasn't anything like they promised, and the finished product wasn't. I didn't end up buying the game until TTK came out because I had some friends pressuring me to play with them.

And I'm glad that I did. I'm not a fan of repetitive grinding of MMO's so I bailed after the first couple of times we beat the main raid but I had fun with what I played. Hopefully they flesh out more of a single player story wrapped in a multiplayer world. That would be fantastic, but again I'll be a wait and see.

Excited to see the gameplay they provide

Gator86

If it's 60, I would expect dynamic res. It's helped a lot of FPS games hit that performance target and works with checkerboarding on the Pro. Would allow for quiet moments looking over the environment to be sharp and combat to flow well even with tons of effects and enemies.

Would absolutely love this. It's a good way of keeping the framerate in a good place and freeing the Pro to do more. Would be great for Scorpio too. Didn't immediately think of this as an option, but it would absolutely work.

I've kept my expectations in the trashcan because of how disappointed I was with D1's launch but now I'm excited about this possibility. Ready to be let down again haha.

Tales from your ass except exclusive content which is already known. Why on earth would ms hold back cross save when windows is more important to them than xbox? Maybe some of this shit is true but I think your source is your backside.

I can see Microsoft wanting crossave for W10 store only, and not Steam/Activision launcher.

FinKL

Why would Microsoft hold back cross save? That makes no sense as they need every reason to get people to get an Xbox copy...

If there actually is a new PS4 I wouldn't even be remotely mad and I got a PS4 Pro at launch. A PS4 in line with Scorpio is interesting. I'm in the minority though and the internet will raise hell so I doubt it will be a thing.

Perhaps the source misunderstood what he heard?

Carn82

Maybe it's just designed to be very scalable.
If they want to support Destiny 2 for a couple years it might also run on a next gen system.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Maybe it's just designed to be very scalable.
If they want to support Destiny 2 for a couple years it might also run on a next gen system.
This is what I'm thinking. Destiny 2 is going to be a major service game supported for years and since there's a PC version coming, they may be able to start preparing now. I doubt it's anything coming this year. If Sony is moving more toward PlayStation as a unified platform with a continuous library, it would make sense that they would work with some of their partners to make sure some stuff is future proofed.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
So does anyone think they mightt have a new class or two? Or will just be additional specs for existing classes like bladedancer or vpidwalker?
I think it'll remain the same basic three classes and they'll tweak the abilities of the previous subclasses and maybe add some additional ones. I'm not expecting a huge change up to the classes at all (although I would love it if we warlocks could get a better jump)

I think it'll remain the same basic three classes and they'll tweak the abilities of the previous subclasses and maybe add some additional ones. I'm not expecting a huge change up to the classes at all (although I would love it if we warlocks could get a better jump)

The floaty good jump is amazing. Don't you dare slander it

It's a big time for Bungie to prove themselves. Destiny was really struggled against it's own engine, and it's been the open secret why content is so slow to come out.

This is a chance to overcome those problems.

I love Destiny as my go to shooter fix alone but I hope they can really come out and blow me away.

I'm hoping we would get 1 new class and new subclasses but I realize that's probably incredibly unlikely haha. At the very least though I imagine we will get 1 new subclass for each class. Really curious to see what they've come up with.

The floaty good jump is amazing. Don't you dare slander it

Nah son. Nah. This isn't little big planet we don't need no floaty jumps here. If your backpack don't got jets I ain't interested.

ViciousDS

Banned

oh.....my.........god

shit got real

even cross saving is fucking huge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom