• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cabal me excited - Destiny 2 Gameplay today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D1 was also a cross-gen game that was designed first and foremost for PS3 and Xbox 360. Back then all competitive shooters were 30fps.

This gen even Battlefield is 60fps and it racketed up the player count and complexity from the previous gen. It's not out of the question that Bungie would adopt the modern standard for competitive shooters.

If they don't, they'll literally be the only developer with a competitive shooter who isn't.

They're the only FPS this generation that isn't 60fps. The first game was held back by last gen parity, I think they know it's important.

And the amount of people that will actually care its 30 vs 60 will be minuscule.

If you go up to your average Joe playing Destiny they don't even know the difference. They know when a game feels "smooth". And due to lots of things Bungie has done in regard to aiming and shooting Destiny is a very "smooth" feeling 30fps.

It is obviously not as responsive as 60fps would be but it also doesn't feel jank. That's really all that matters in regards to selling their game to 15+ million who already bought Destiny 1

LastChance2Frag

Neo Member
Not sure if I believe the Cross save rumour, wouldn't Sony be a bit worried about people jumping ship to play on PC. Obviously DLC first gets will hold some but must be a few people on gaf that have a PS4 for Destiny but mainly play PC for other games.

I actually got a Couchmaster (basic) from my wife for Christmas a few years ago. It works in theory, but it's still a huge hassle and tangle of wires. The base cushions also shift around a bunch which makes the mouse surface unreliable. All in all it was far too much hassle and it made me not want to play the games that required a mouse.

Wow that thing is a monster lol.

203747_screenshot_02_l.jpg

What about the wires? Where in the hell is your PC in relation to the couch?

Nestunt

It's interesting to see Sony push the "Pro" brand so strongly with this 3rd party deal. I guessed that Sony would not mention tech during their E3 conference, and only focus on software, because that's their biggest strength right now. But with this coupling I am know rethinking how they could re-market the Pro in a different way than that NY reveal.

Since I really like marketing techniques, I am really curious to see if and how they will do it.

molnizzle

Wow that thing is a monster lol.

Yeah. It's also a pain in the ass if you need to get up to take a piss, or you just want to shift to a different position on your couch. Also unless your couch is made of solid wood with no cushions, the weight of your body is gonna create indentions that shift the cushions and fuck with your board. At the end of the day it was more trouble than it was worth.

eh, right next to the consoles in my case. Not a huge deal—it's just still a lot more trouble than picking up my controller and pressing the home button.

Any youtube link for the stream?

They stream it on Twitch. I don't know if they simultaneously stream from YT or not, but if they do, you would likely find it here: https://www.youtube.com/user/Bungie

As for other people streaming on their own YT channels... I don't know if that happens either because I don't watch YT streams. But most of the big Youtubers are going to be at the event and won't be able to stream it from there. They can capture and release their videos afterwards but I suspect it will take time for them to edit and all that.

My PC is in my tv stand, and i just plug one USB into the front of it going to the couch. You could also go all wireless if you aren't super hung up on mouse latency and whatnot.

Yeah. It's also a pain in the ass if you need to get up to take a piss, or you just want to shift to a different position on your couch. Also unless your couch is made of solid wood with no cushions, the weight of your body is gonna create indentions that shift the cushions and fuck with your board. At the end of the day it was more trouble than it was worth.

Yeah like I said I just use a ghetto version with a board and a couple pillows, but I don't find it that much of a hassle. But I know it's not going to work for everyone.

sense

Bungie always streams during my drive to work. Gah im so excited!

Edit: Do you guys think there will be a ps4 pro bundle? The gf and I have the last 2 white ps4 Destiny bundles. It be a shame not to have another one (preferably pro)
There will absolutely be a PS4 pro bundle and it will most likely be a special edition white bundle.

I love destiny, but I stopped playing because I spent way too much time waiting and trying to form groups for the endgame content. I hope the sequel addresses this.

To be clear in regards to the whole 30 vs 60 debate I think it would be great if the game is 60. I'm not against it, and I'm not saying its impossible. Bungie very well may walk on stage and announce 60 and it would be great.

I'm just commenting on, I don't know where the expectation its 60 is coming from. In terms of a business move in regards to Destiny it doesn't seem to be necessary and in terms of marketing there seems to be better ways to spend that power in relation to what Destiny is most at its heart, a PvE loot based shooter where the goal is fight lots of enemies in massive large scale locations.

Stoze

If I were playing on consoles this time around, I'd probably prefer an FoV increase rather than going from 30-60fps honestly.

If I were playing on consoles this time around, I'd probably prefer an FoV increase rather than going from 30-60fps honestly.

Now THAT is something I can really get behind. A FoV increase would be a godsend in a lot of ways. Its not a deal breaker or anything but given the choice I'd pick larger FoV here over 60fps

Paragon

The main thing I care about is whether or not the game supports cross-play.
Since everyone that I know who already played the original Destiny did so on PS4 and intends on sticking with it, I have zero incentive to buy the game as a PC player if the multiplayer is platform-locked.

Nothing like getting absolutely destroyed by kb/mouse players using my shitty Xbox One controller.

There's a solution for that too:

Mozendo

Same.
By far the thing that bothers me the most in console games is the FoV. I don't really play shooters that much on consoles, but I'm always bothered by Destiny's low FoV.

nowai

Not sure if I believe the Cross save rumour, wouldn't Sony be a bit worried about people jumping ship to play on PC. Obviously DLC first gets will hold some but must be a few people on gaf that have a PS4 for Destiny but mainly play PC for other games.

Virtually all of my Destiny pals are remaining on PS4. I have a nice PC and would much rather play the majority of my time at 60fps and use a mouse/keyboard. I would absolutely love the ability to go back to PS4 and play with my friends and not have to start over.

I already have my PC copy pre-ordered, but if they announced cross-platform account support, I would go and preorder a PS4 copy as well today.

CryptiK

Would be super odd to have Destiny on a client called Blizzard. I don't believe that part, it would be incredibly stupid of them.

ultrazilla

Gold Member
Talking with my son(kaijuseijin) today about Destiny today, the biggest problem
I told him was that Bungie put all the cool back story in the Grimore cards that
many, many people did not read(the Grimore were on the Destiny phone/pad apps that you could read).

There's such a cool lore and backstory to almost every piece of gear and character in Destiny, yet most people don't know about it because it was in the grimore cards that mostly went unnoticed.

Of course, we know there were development issues with the first game, content cut, etc and the grimore cards basically were decided to be the way to tell the backstory but imho failed miserably getting to the massive sea of fans playing the game.

As long as Destiny 2 actually isn't afraid to tell the story to you and doesn't hide it in some collectible app related cards you have to flip to read, we should be ok.

And the 30fps/60fps debate. Big deal. I'll take either one and nice looking art assets to go along with them. That said, *it should* be IMHO a "flagship" title for the PS4 Pro and I'm expecting a TON of awesome support for us owners.

That cross save thing if true will be huge. I don't see how MS doesn't allow that.

If true (and that's a big if) the only thing I could conclude from this is that Destiny 2 is not going to be or they don't yet have a deal in place for it to be on the Windows 10 Store (Sony's deal could block this, I guess). I mean what else could it be given that Microsoft already has the Play Anywhere/Cross-Save infrastructure in place?

ornery

The main thing I care about is whether or not the game supports cross-play.
Since everyone that I know who already played the original Destiny did so on PS4 and intends on sticking with it, I have zero incentive to buy the game as a PC player if the multiplayer is platform-locked.

There's a solution for that too:

Don't think that would be considered a solution because the original problem remains, kb/mouse is TONS more accurate than any controller without auto-aim enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom