• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cabal me excited - Destiny 2 Gameplay today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

everyer

Totally agreed. Even when he told me the codename, I called bullshit, but he assured me it was legit.

I'm not in the market for another PS4 this year. I just picked up the Pro. I'm gonna be real unhappy if there's another one in 2017.

Yeah, tell that to games like Rainbow Six Siege and Titanfall 2. Oh, and did you read about EA's upcoming Star Wars Battlefront 2? How about Rocket League or Uncharted 4? It's absolutely false that one must pay extra to receive new content for a game they already paid for.

That aside, I'm not complaining about new content costing money. I'm pointing out that Bungie removed the ability to choose individual previously-existing Crucible game types if you didn't buy their first DLC, instead replacing it with one option that mixed all game modes into one playlist until you paid for the DLC. It's a shitty practice that will probably return for the second game.

I'm glad you're ready to pay $60 for the privilege of accessing the game, then $30 for the first "expansion pass," then another $30 to $40 in 2018 to keep up, then another $30-40 in 2019. Not to mention the content that will inevitably get locked behind pre-orders for the 2018 and 2019 re-releases. Oh and don't forget the emotes you won't get unless you cough up extra through microtransactions.

And as an aside: if you're playing on console, make sure you keep that $60 online subscription renewed while you're at it.

Edit: added more successful game examples.

Destiny is MMO. Considering WOW,ESO,FFXIV, asking to pay for new raid/pvp content is reasonable.

The new features deserve the money.

Tentatively excited. D1 showed great promise and was fun in short bursts, but expansions were pretty hit or miss and it never really reached any kind of it's potential. Fascinated to see how much they've improved on the formula.

Really wish they weren't pulling the exclusive content BS again though. I have a PC and a Pro and it was BS for Xbox players last time, felt bad for them.

Drewboy64

Yep

IMO, They should equalize movement stats across all classes and find better ways to individualize characters. Allow for alternative jump types still i.e. Blink but let us all be nimble.

Yeah, ironically that was the one thing that probably should've been similar across the classes, but that feels the most different. I'd love for the classes to feel really different in other ways, though. But the hunter jump is how they should all jump by default

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
I've heard a few things from a few folks who have played the game.

- 60fps (from multiple first hand sources)
- PS4 and PC Cross-Save (not Cross-Play), and Microsoft is holding back the Cross Save for XBox
- Optimized for PS4 Pro, the next PS4, and Scorpio
- More exclusive PS4 content, again. Ugh.

Can't reveal my sources, so feel free to disregard all of that as conjecture. I'm personally hoping that we get Cross-Save for all three platforms.

wait, another PS4? MEGATON?

GhaleonEB

"Hey Cindy, take messages for all my calls.......Thursday starting at noon. Thanks!"

I got a sub for the first part of my shift on Thursday so I could watch this live. It was originally starting half an hour before my shift.

Me too. I've set my schedule so that I'm out of the building in time to watch the reveal. I'll work the rest of my day from home.

I have a "very important meeting" blocking my 10-11 now. I have an actual important meeting at 11, so I will probably miss the tail of it, but I'll catch it later. Gonna hide in the corner of the cafe for an hour. :lol

Lakitu

st5fu
I hope they have much bigger environments with NPCs and outposts like the rumours seems to suggest. I want larger scale combat with vehicles too.

Also end-game matchmaking would be nice.

psyfi

Banned
Tentatively excited. D1 showed great promise and was fun in short bursts, but expansions were pretty hit or miss and it never really reached any kind of it's potential.
That's a big part of why I'm so hard on Destiny: I know it can be so much better. Like you, it's why I'm so excited for the sequel.

Hesemonni

Banned

- PS4 and PC Cross-Save (not Cross-Play), and Microsoft is holding back the Cross Save for XBox

Can't reveal my sources, so feel free to disregard all of that as conjecture. I'm personally hoping that we get Cross-Save for all three platforms.
Erm. Mod verification?

El_Chino

Can't reveal my sources
, so feel free to disregard all of that as conjecture. I'm personally hoping that we get Cross-Save for all three platforms.
These kinds of things need verification.

If it can't be verified,then it's hard to take it at face value.

Hunters have a double jump, Titans have a jetpack, and Warlocks have a useless float thing.

The Warlock jump is all about when you press A the third time and cancel out of it. The first solo Aksis kills were done using the warlock-sword skate method...It's a perfectly good jump, and better for general platforming :)

Hunter jump is useful for shiny PvP kills where you drop off the map and then jump back on...but you can quickly run out of range and/or height, and don't have fine control.

Nielm

Although I ended up quitting Destiny because it got too repetitive, I'm still hyped for Destiny 2.

I enjoyed the time I spent with Destiny, and there aren't many games around like it. With certain improvements, Destiny 2 could be incredible.

I'll be playing this on the OG PS4 (as will most of the playerbase I think) so I hope the performance isn't too bad.

Still don't know if I'll have time to find groups of people to do raids with. It's the only thing kind of holding me back for being really excited for Destiny 2.

Midas

I'll be playing this on the OG PS4 (as will most of the playerbase I think) so I hope the performance isn't too bad.

Still don't know if I'll have time to find groups of people to do raids with. It's the only thing kind of holding me back for being really excited for Destiny 2.

Use the community thread here, have time to post on GAF? You have time for that. Or use the possible in-game LFG tools? (I have no idea if there will be any, but you never know)

DieH@rd

Banned
wait, another PS4? MEGATON?

Nah, it's probably just hype of the feature set of their new engine. The fact that they will not have to bother with the creation of new engine when PS5 arrives.

These kinds of things need verification.

If it can't be verified,then it's hard to take it at face value.
Verification only verifies that he might know those people, and not the validity of said things.

So, verification is kinda pointless anyway. ;) Just enjoy and board the E3 hype train™. 😁

Anyone else think the hype levels are so immensely big and Luke Smtih is clever enough and the team now experienced enough that Destiny 2 might provide an open world on par wit BoTW and/or be some really next gen co-op experience that causs numerous heart attack inducing play sessions ala Asian MMOs or is this just Activision promoting the fuck out of the game?

Midas

Anyone else think the hype levels are so immensely big and Luke Smtih is clever enough and the team now experienced enough that Destiny 2 might provide an open world on par wit BoTW and/or be some really next gen co-op experience that causs numerous heart attack inducing play sessions ala Asian MMOs or is this just Activision promoting the fuck out of the game?

Something in between.

Schwabe

Use the community thread here, have time to post on GAF? You have time for that. Or use the possible in-game LFG tools? (I have no idea if there will be any, but you never know)

there are no ingame tools, but there are a shitton of other websites. Even through the official companion app I had some decent experiences with PUGs

GlamFM

Banned

Listening to the latest bungie podcast you can tell that they are suuuuper confident.

Jesus, no cross-play? Damnit I want to play with my PC buddies also.

It's 2017, at the least in PvE even if not in PvP..

Gudji

Please let this be true.

Listening to the latest bungie podcast you can tell that they are suuuuper confident.

Indeed. It sounds like they've had a really healthy development process where they are actually smarter about what makes Destiny tick, both in terms of content and technology. Will be cool to see them on stage talking about it.

Also that podcast is really good, it's great they aren't focusing on breaking news in it but instead just talking about stuff.

KOHIPEET

What if it's some kind of PS4 portable? (If PS4 is handled as a brand in itself, it would make sense to create a portable version of it. Same games, same everything. Just not as pretty.)

EDIT:

On topic:

My hype level is slowly rising. (Even after being disappointed in the first one). Also. PVE cross play with PC would be sweet

GlamFM

Banned
What if it's some kind of PS4 portable? (If PS4 is handled as a brand in itself, it would make sense to create a portable version of it. Same games, same everything. Just not as pretty.)

EDIT:

On topic:

My hype level is slowly rising. (Even after being disappointed in the first one). Also. PVE cross play with PC would be sweet

I firmly believe that consoles are on a 2 to 3 year cycle now. Like Apple products.

I would not entirely rule out a new PlayStation iteration in late 2018.

Waldini

I firmly believe that consoles are on a 2 to 3 year cycle now. Like Apple products.

I would not entirely rule out a new PlayStation iteration in late 2018.

The jump from PS4 to PS4Pro is a nice one. But not as big as the jump from XBOX One to XBOX Scorpio.

I really do hope that we are still going for a 5 year lifespan for current consoles. Sure as hell aint gonna spend 400 euro's every 2 years :(

... but those graphic updates sure make me want to.

GlamFM

Banned
The jump from PS4 to PS4Pro is a nice one. But not as big as the jump from XBOX One to XBOX Scorpio.

I really do hope that we are still going for a 5 year lifespan for current consoles. Sure as hell aint gonna spend 400 euro's every 2 years :(

... but those graphic updates sure make me want to.

I traded my PS4 for a PRO and only had to pay 100€.

;)

Polygonal_Sprite

Gold Member
I'm really looking forward to seeing this. I hope it's closer to what I envisioned the original to be (Borderlands style hubs on several different open Worlds instead of small instances quest areas).

I'd also love far more strikes at end game as I have interest in raids.

GlamFM

Banned
I'm really looking forward to seeing this. I hope it's closer to what I envisioned the original to be (Borderlands style hubs on several different open Worlds instead of small instances quest areas).

I'd also love far more strikes at end game as I have interest in raids.

Don´t understand the last sentence unless you meant to say you have NO interest in raids.

If so - why?

ZeoVGM

Banned

There will be no "next PS4." So that kind of makes the whole thing pretty clear nonsense.

And we already knew about exclusive PS4 content a month ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom