• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Reveal Livestream [Over]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLCKATK

In-game Sherpa system? Bungie really has a desire to make this stuff not super simple.

At Least LFG is in the game. This has been a long time coming.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Will need to see this new feature in motion to judge it. It sounds good.

(But Nightfall should just have normal matchmaking. No reason not to.)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Guided Games, great solution. I approve.

But I wonder if non-clanned folks can join the clan fights of another clan?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Well I'll be a Guided Player for GAF, I'll show you how to farm Destination Materials and Glimmer

GAF's #1 Resource Accumulator

Guided Games sounds promising.

She didn't really explain how GG battles toxicity (which was one of her leading points as to why in D1 they didn't do public matchmaking for end game content).

I am intrigued.

psyfi

Banned
All the new social features are really amazing. And I really appreciate them speaking frankly about creating positive communities.

jviggy43

You could say the exact same about every sequel.

Cop on guys.

Did ye really expect a sequel to be different? The gameplay in the first was perfect so no need to change it.

Last time Bungie unveiled gameplay of a first sequel (Halo 1 to 2), the differences were incredible. This is literally, heres more of what was in destiny 1. Thats fine if thats what you wanted, but obviously people expected more.

And oh my god, theyre doing a segment on clans. Welcome to 2017 Bungle.

Hasney

Guided Games sounds promising.

She didn't really explain how GG battles toxicity (which was one of her leading points as to why in D1 they didn't do public matchmaking for end game content).

I am intrigued.

Think she was saying that clans with a good rep will be allowed to do it while other clans can't?

absolutely baffled at the exclusion of normal fucking matchmaking. Now I can only get paired up with dedicated tryhards. They talk about how toxic people can get, but are unaware that clans can be some of the worst lol. Gotta be fucking kidding me

Joeku

If they make good on their plans, it should be the game that Destiny 1 should have been. Kinda don't trust Bungies ability to do this but we will see.

Kind of with you here, but after how much shit they took, I expect them to actually do it.

Lgndryhr

Looks like fun, but I will wait on a collection like Take King. I admit buying Destiny on day 1, buying all the DLC and season pass was a mistake. I will wait a year before I jump in. I enjoyed my time with Destiny 1 during first 6-9 months, but after that I was burnt out and many of my friends moved on from Destiny.

akileese

It's not just that. This game is fully real-time combat. There isn't any kind of the usual FFXIV or WoW like combat here.

Hate to break it to you but WoW and FFXIV are real time combat and not turn based. I think I know what you mean in saying you can't directly dodge or parry in WoW without abilities.

As someone who got burnt out by Destiny after TTK, there's not really a lot here that makes me want to come back aside from the story.

Seems like a lot of great improvements, but not enough to win me back yet.

MaKTaiL

4 planets only, check

One of the locations on Earth is exactly the same as one that was supposed to come out on Destiny 1, check

New guardian supers are completely copies from old ones, check

Graphics look basically the same, check

New planets look a lot like Venus, from Vex to the Guarden, lots of reused textures from Destiny 1, check

DLCs planned with content that was cut out from the original game, check

It's like I'm back on 2014 again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom