• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn Patch 1.30 adds New Game+, Ultra Hard difficulty and lots more

Wollan

https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...ace-paint-options-ultra-hard-difficulty-more/

We were so excited to be able to announce the upcoming Horizon Zero Dawn expansion, The Frozen Wilds, at E3 last month. As we were wrapping Horizon Zero Dawn, we had a lot of ideas for new characters, quests, and places for Aloy to discover, so we started to develop The Frozen Wilds. We can't wait for you to experience the dangerous frigid lands to the north!

While we're hard at work on The Frozen Wilds, we have also been working on something else...
As of today, you can download patch 1.30 which includes additional fixes to progression issues which some of you may have encountered. However, it also includes the highly anticipated New Game+ option.

With New Game+ you will be able to relive the adventures of Aloy without losing your character progression and your collected inventory. You won't be able to progress beyond the level cap of 50, but you can still collect XP during your adventure.

We have also added updated versions of existing weapons and outfits with an extra modification slot at your disposal. These will not come cheap and will set you back some extra shards.
Before embarking on a new quest you can manually adjust the difficulty level to your liking. For players who seek an extra challenge, we are also introducing an ‘Ultra Hard' difficulty. This new setting will enhance machine senses and behavior and will limit player health regen and other additional smaller tweaks. Players who decide to embark on the Ultra Hard path will not have the option to switch it to a less difficult setting.

New Game+ also comes with two new Trophies and extra unlockable content that gives players the ability to add facepaint or change Aloy's Focus.

JsLIxCk.png

Facepaint
34907081634_1565d4a9e5_b.jpg

New high level 'Adept' gear
34907079484_07da8bff8f_b.jpg

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
New Game+ also comes with 2 new Trophies and extra unlockables like the ability to add facepaint or change Aloy's Focus.
LATEST PATCH: 1.30
We're pleased to announce that Patch 1.30 for Horizon Zero Dawn will be released today.
In addition to fixing a number of progression issues, technical issues and crashes, as outlined below.
This patch will also introduce New Game+ and a new difficulty level: Ultra Hard Mode

If you encounter an issue while playing Horizon Zero Dawn, please try reloading a recent manual save, quicksave or autosave from the ”Load" menu option. If the issue persists, please take screenshots of the area where it occurred and your location on the map, and forward them to us for further investigation.

Patch Summary
New game+ added for players who want to play through the game with their existing gear.
Ultra Hard mode is added for the players that are up for another challenge!
Added two new trophies to the game: One for completing New game+ and one for completing New game+ in ultra-hard mode.
Added support for all EU and US text Languages on EU and US games.

General Fixes
Fixed an issue for some players in ”The Looming Shadow" where two guards would disappear after Blameless Marad speaks to them.
Fixed an issue for certain players with the Lodge Ropecaster where the ropecaster's anchors that are automatically shot in the ground would not stick to the terrain while shooting from a crouched position.
Fixed an issue for some players where bandit camps would incorrectly display as ‘Undiscovered' within the world map if the player had cleared all bandit camps.
Fixed an issue with ”Cauldron Zeta" where for some players the quest log would disappear after completing the quest.
Fixed an issue that some players encountered with the animations of Aloy. When the player would perform a melee attack and use the Focus almost simultaneously, it would cause Aloy's upper body to twist unnatural for a moment.
Fixed an issue with the humanoid scream and attack indicators.
Fixed an issue in ”Deep Secrets of the Earth" where for some players the data points in Sobeck's office were not obtainable if the player wanted to pick them after the explosion caused by Helis, as they had disappeared.
Fixed an issue with the Tearblaster statistics being incorrectly displayed in the weapon wheel.

Progression Issues Fixes
Fixed an issue in ”Field of the Fallen" where for some players Erend would not appear and thus blocked progression of this quest.
Fixed an issue in ”The City of the Sun" where some players might teleport through the protester scene, blocking progression as Erend would not open the door to Olin's apartment.

Crash Fixes
Fixed miscellaneous crashes.
Miscellaneous Fixes
Minor text fixes.

Trailer.

NEW FUCKING GAME+

I wonder if this will be enticing enough without being able to gain more levels and capacites, though, but what a great news nonetheless.

wapplew

More slot on current gear or have to buy 3 slot version?
Four slot? Sticky bomb will one shot everything.

One thing GG have always done exceptionally well is supporting their games.
New game plus will definitely make me jump back in, for the 4th time. 😂

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Been looking for any excuse to dive back into this masterpiece. It's early days yet but GG seem to be looking after this game as much as CDPR did with TW3.

I wonder if I can start NG+ in Ultra Hard mode after finishing it on normal, or do I have to go back and finish the base game on Ultra Hard first.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Good that they're adding features, although I'm not sure how much value a New Game + adds. It'll make the earlier parts of the game pretty trivial, and I don't see people getting anything new out of the game because of it. Having said that, if you're interested in revisiting the game and running through it relatively quickly then this will definitely appeal.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Damn, just traded mine 2 days ago because I had 100% completion. With the Frozen Wilds dlc, is it standalone or do I need to have the game to access it?

RocknRola

Damn, GG is knocking it out of the park on how to support a game that even at launch had very few technical issues with it to begin with.

This + Rocket League support from Psyonix make me believe in an all digital future for games more than anything else.

If only the level of care and dedication of these two devs was the general standard!

Damn, just traded mine 2 days ago because I had 100% completion. With the Frozen Wilds dlc, is it standalone or do I need to have the game to access it?

You need the game, it's not a standalone.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death

I don't think they have said, but I think it's safe to assume you will need the base game. It will likely be on sale at some point before the DLC lands.

Lamptramp

Great addition, I'll happily dive in for a second run closer to the DLC launch.

Excellent support for one of the only games in recent times which was practically perfect (from a technical PoV) at launch. Kudos.

Santiako

Well, fuck. I platinumed it a week ago but I'm ready to go back and beat this again in NG+ Ultra Hard.

Love this game.

Good that they're adding features, although I'm not sure how much value a New Game + adds. It'll make the earlier parts of the game pretty trivial, and I don't see people getting anything new out of the game because of it. Having said that, if you're interested in revisiting the game and running through it relatively quickly then this will definitely appeal.

Yeah, if only the game provides multiple path and/or endings (at least two), it'll be much more compelling.

I'll give the new game+ a shot sometime later nonetheless.

Kinyou

Really fantastic support by GG. They don't just pay attention to the big technical stuff, but also those smaller things like face paint or adding new language options which is greatly appreciated.

Kolx

So if I'm yet to get the platinum (only have 3 trophies left) will I need to get these trophies as well, or will they be same as dlc trophies?

Drencrom

They're adding NG+ and an extra hard mode for free?

Nicely done, I'm really impressed by Guerilla's post-launch support, still improving and adding things to the base game so many months after release.

xrnzaaas

2 new trophies?

oh, for completing the entire game again? Pass. But I guess trophy hunters will be very pleased with the very hard mode trophy. :)

Quonny

So if I'm yet to get the platinum (only have 3 trophies left) will I need to get these trophies as well, or will they be same as dlc trophies?
It should be in a separate tier, so if you get all the base trophies you'll still get the platinum. The percentage won't be 100%, but the Platinum will unlock even without completing the DLC trophies, even if you download it before you get the plat.

Incredible.

Guerrilla is officially at ND level where I'm day one on anything they make.

This kind of support four months post release should be the gold standard. They deserve every bit of success.

Not sure I'll do another play through with frozen wilds coming soon, but awesome to know it's there when I inevitably go back.

alt27

Dont think this will be dlc trophies, but added to existing list, so you might need those extras, although im not sure. I have seen this on other games before when they add in trophies

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Dont think this will be dlc trophies, but added to existing list, so you might need those extras, although im not sure. I have seen this on other games before when they add in trophies

New trophies are added to games all the time. They'll go in a separate list and you won't need them to get the Platinum.

Top Bottom