• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn Patch 1.30 adds New Game+, Ultra Hard difficulty and lots more

renzolama

7u6mKcK.png

GG, GG

6XUeX4v.png

Thanks a lot for ruining my mental image of Aloy forever

Snow levels never really impressed me in games and because of that I'm not really looking forward to the dlc. Horizon looks best when it's showing off it's greenery

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Look guys look!!!

Hard mode is not locked behind dlc.

Dutch people are the best

Shin-Ra

Ultra-Hard can't be as hard as KZSF Elite, even if you save-scummed that!

Snow levels never really impressed me in games and because of that I'm not really looking forward to the dlc. Horizon looks best when it's showing off it's greenery
The stuff in the trailer looked better than the snow areas in the original game.

2ahnZsS.gif

^ especially if that's realtime, not a pre rendered intro.

Shock32

This is amazing, I had no idea a new game + was being added. On top of that a new difficulty! GG continues to impress me, time for a new playthrough!!

RcBFNBT.gif

X-Frame

Oh baby yes! I can't wait to jump back in with Ultra Hard -- it sounds perfect.

Plus since I beat the game within about 2 weeks of release I'll be able to experience all the new updates since then. Thank you GG!

HardRojo

Not looking forward to fighting Rockbreakers on Ultra Hard lol, but I'll definitely come back to the game when the DLC drops.

Fliesen

So without picking ultra-hard difficulty, NG+ isn't any harder, correct?

I might just bee-line the story on ultra hard for those two trophies, i guess. ... if i find the time.

So you can get that super armor, and start ultra hard, right?

That would help out a lot, wouldn't it?

yup. That armor made the entire last mission utterly trivial.

Tratorn

Ha!, I just started this, I'll never buy another PS4 game on Launch day.

Wat? Saying something like this in a Horizon-Thread is kinda funny...
Not many AAA games were so polished on launch day.

And your comment means you're punishing the devs for supporting their game.
It means you would feel better paying full price on day 1, if GG would not give additional support for the game after launch...

StarPhlox

I'm of the opinion that HZD never needed a skill tree in the first place, so having nearly everything unlocked at the beginning (irrespective of the difficulty) should make the game a lot more enjoyable for me.

Might actually go back to it just for this!

Kuldar

So you can get that super armor, and start ultra hard, right?

That would help out a lot, wouldn't it?
Since one or two patch, in higher difficulties the super armor doesn't absorb all the damage from an attack. I suppose that in ultra high difficulty it'll absorb even less.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I like how they adding customization options now.

I think the Photo mode was a huge sucess (Kudos to SunhiLegend for this too) so that's why they're adding more customization stuff.

I was waiting for NG+ to go for the Platinum and to play with my maxed out Aloy, probably gonna try Hard Mode.

Luigiv

NG+ seems kinda pointless. The game barely has any RPG elements as it is and you can max out Aloy pretty easily (and quite early on in the main quest) by doing the side content. Extra ammo types early on is nice I guess but really being marginally more powerful in the early parts of the game doesn't really sound all that enticing to me. I guess if you just want to play through the story again with the least resistance.

Edit: Actually, I guess not having to grind again for pouch upgrades would be nice on a replay.

Juraash

This is awesome, I've been hoping they would do this since I finished the game. Debating jumping back in immediately or waiting until the dlc I'd closer. Either way, a very welcome set of additions.

Anyone fire up NG+ yet? Can you confirm if you can start off with the Heavy Stalwart armor? I can't rememember if it was tied in with story or not, and you got it really late game, but it's hands down the best looking armor, so I'd love to play my entire NG+ with that...

E: Also, if you burn through a NG+, I wonder if you'll be way over leveled for Frozen Wilds?

Top Bottom