• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

90cc73fc30.png

no thanks bro

Hmmm

Wild beat writer just retweeted this:

Zach Schneider @zschneiderKBJR

Former UMD captain Dominic Toninato says he won't be signing with Toronto, will become free agent on August 15

It was originally sent out more that two days ago. The implications.

Hmmmmmmm

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Even though they said he'll start at wing, if they can't make a trade, it's hard to believe AGally doesn't get a good look at C to start the season again.

I can appreciate Red's positivity towards the Habs, tbh. Doesn't seem to be Tabris-levels delusions, though I hope it doesn't get there.
I'm not even being that positive, I'm not saying they're contenders or that they've taken a huge step forward this year. Like Foggy said, it's been more lateral movement than anything, I just don't think it's all doom and gloom for the team, and that everyone needs to be fired.

yyzjohn

Banned
Even though they said he'll start at wing, if they can't make a trade, it's hard to believe AGally doesn't get a good look at C to start the season again.

I'm not even being that positive, I'm not saying they're contenders or that they've taken a huge step forward this year. Like Foggy said, it's been more lateral movement than anything, I just don't think it's all doom and gloom for the team, and that everyone needs to be fired.

A lateral movement still means they're the best team since 1993.

Red_Man

A lateral movement still means they're the best team since 1993.
They'll actually ice more talent at forward this year than last season, even with Radulov's departure.

Out : King, Desharnais, Ott, Flynn, Radulov

In : Hudon, Hemsky, Holland, McCarron, Drouin

Not a massive gap, but still improvements

imBask

Banned
I think there's a sweet spot between Solo's "we're all dead" theory and Red's "everything is fine" theory

I think we're just sick of the lateral moves, which is the only thing we've done in the past 10 years. Lamaroo is the one true neutral hero.

Socreges

Banned
I think there's a sweet spot between Solo's "we're all dead" theory and Red's "everything is fine" theory

I think we're just sick of the lateral moves, which is the only thing we've done in the past 10 years. Lamaroo is the one true neutral hero.
Yeah, pretty much. Red is deluded (sunk costs - invested so much in defending Bergevin that he needs to continue to rationalize each decision) but Solo's posts occasionally have this 'what would Forza say if he were pretending to be a Habs fan' stink.

Funny fan base. Probably the most entertaining.

Red_Man

It's definitely frustrating, bringing in Julien is the biggest reason for me having some optimism. I think he can do a lot with this roster.

zroid

Banned
CWHL making a "major announcement" in Markham on Tuesday, with the mayor in attendance.

Could it be an expansion team?! If they play their home games at Centennial Arena (which is where the CWHL playoffs used to be hosted for a while), would be amazing for me, I live a few minutes walk from there.

Solo

I guess AGally has a conference call this afternoon. What's the over/under on the number of questions it takes to get to "are you going to play centre?" 2?

Red_Man

Well my source isn't super reputable. But still, why make that up?
I see it now, weird it's not being more broadly advertised.

Edit : surprised it took 4 minutes to get to the first "winger / center" question

Lmao @ his response

Solo

So did AGally actually say anything? Or was it just your typical new contract generic answer bullshit.

I didn't see it, but according to HF Boards it was like the shortest conference call in history. Like 4 questions asked, maybe 10 minutes in total.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

😐

The NBA jersey ads start this season. Yay.

NBA jerseys are already trash so small ads aren't going to change anything.

Solo

AGally on Drouin said:
It certainly didn't hurt that Galchenyuk would get to skate alongside the newly acquired Jonathan Drouin. He said he congratulated his new teammate as soon as he found out Drouin would be making the move back home to Montreal.

"To add a player with his skill set to the team, for me, as a player, you get excited," glowed Galchenyuk, who potted 17 goals and added 27 helpers last season before adding three assists in six playoff games against the Rangers. "Having the chance to play with a skilled forward like that is always a plus."

UNITE THEM CLOD

Top Bottom