• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The state of NeoGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pbae

Re: PM, I will contact you directly on discord, not GAF PM (because of the 10-min per message limit)

How do I find people and PM them on Discord. I made an acct just to try and get a code but have no idea how Discord works.

Shucks man, I feel old.

The ship is sinking guys... at this point NeoGAF is just like the Titanic shortly after hitting the iceberg. You can use pumps, but the water flow is too much...

It will sink....

Let's hope my old E-Mail still works...

weehomer

Been a member since 2004, Jebus! 2004? Where has the time gone? Haven't been active here in awhile, stop in now and again to see what's up and who's still here, will miss this.......Enjoy!

Xtyle

I think at this point it's safe to say NeoGAF is beyond recovery. The allegations were bad enough, but Evilore screwed this up every step of the way after that causing all of the mods and user base to leave. The great posters that made this community fun have already left for greener pastures. In their place are junior members calling people SJW cucks, declaring war on other forums, and other extremely hostile shitty behavior. This is the new NeoGAF.

Won't disagree that this whole thing could be handled better but people are talking shit about the other site because they are provoked either by suicide threads here or people who left or leaving staying here talking about how bad it is here and how anyone should be ashamed to be here. Everybody could behave better honestly.

Won't disagree that this whole thing could be handled better but people are talking shit about the other site because they are provoked either by suicide threads here or people who left or leaving staying here talking about how bad it is here and how anyone should be ashamed to be here. Everybody could behave better honestly.

Yes, even those who plan to leave like myself should tone things down a bit.

Give your reasons if asked, don't judge those who remain, don't leave behind NSFW garbage to commit account suicide.

We can part ways amicably. No need to spark friction.

Risto

Banned
Yes, even those who plan to leave like myself should tone things down a bit.

Give your reasons if asked, don't judge those who remain, don't leave behind NSFW garbage to commit account suicide.

We can part ways amicably. No need to spark friction.

It’s not really account suicide when the whole site is already dead

R0ckman

How do I find people and PM them on Discord. I made an acct just to try and get a code but have no idea how Discord works.

Shucks man, I feel old.

Well you can either use the site or app but in the top left with the people icon you click that and the top menu will show add friend, all, online, pending, blocked. You would have a pending invite, and also a list of direct messages in the friends list.

AR15mex

I agree with the whole account suicide thing, people should leave peacefully. Eventually I'll move on to resetera (when they open the sign in thingy I dont know how ppl are doing it), and keep Neogaf account open here just in case.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Been a member since 2004, Jebus! 2004? Where has the time gone? Haven't been active here in awhile, stop in now and again to see what's up and who's still here, will miss this.......Enjoy!

Your join date suggests that you were on GAF before NeoGAF, so you were probably around before 2004.
My join date is a couple days after yours but I joined GAF in 2001.

Pesmerga00

Evilore is literally the owner and the person setting the rules. He's the sole person accruing the revenue from the site.

Then employs what is basically unpaid interns in the form of mods. Let them do 99% of the work then reap the benefits.

Can't forget the, (not so stealth) brag threads about his money/travel.

Denkoyugo

Neo Member
FYI discord ID also requires the # number. It is important in order to have a proper discussion on various topics.

Thnx, no worries for the day, can imagine you're getting swamped. Btw, if people don't immediately respond: some of us are just going to bed ;)

The great exodus of Gaf continues. This will become biblical in the future.

crazy

In the past few hours, we have sent more than 2.7K emails, with most of them being authentication emails. If this rate continues, even if we stop adding any new member from now on the total number of emails we sent in a month would exceed 200K. It is a heavy burden on both our system and our budget. We are working on a solution that may allow us to send emails faster, safer and more reliably, and we feel that it might be best for us to disable two-step authentication via email for now until the new solution is ready.

R0ckman

FYI discord ID also requires the # number. It is important in order to have a proper discussion on various topics.

I took out my battle.NET number if it was causing confusion. I had that just to make overwatch invites easier. Now its my username and the last 4 digits that I originally had.

zert

I would also like a code for the new one please. Didn’t post often but I want to be more active over there. Member since 2009.

Thanks!

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
What's the site like? Ask as I am definitely a right of center guy (not deep right though, I dispise trump but certainly conservative) and often felt like NeoGAF, which was hugely left leaning, would attack and vilify me for just for thinking differently. So much so, I rarely posted in somethings i was interested in. Will this be permitted there?

Honest question, as I really enjoyed most of my time here but want to go to a place with the best info and is open to different viewpoints.

Axass

1. Denial:

So ResetEra is based on Discord and is not a standalone forum? If that's the case, I will pass. I don't have a discord account and I don't want one..

2. Anger:

Agreed. I couldn't care less about what the administrator is doing in his life, people should seperate a entire video game forum and a guy's life. You don't even have to support him, use adblock.

GAF is my number 1 source for videogames and allows for deep discussions, so I will stay here.

3. Bargaining:

Wow, really amazed how ResetEra shaped up. Wouldn't mind joining as long as it does not require a Discord ID.

4. Depression:

The ship is sinking guys... at this point NeoGAF is just like the Titanic shortly after hitting the iceberg. You can use pumps, but the water flow is too much...

It will sink....

5. Acceptance:

Let's hope my old E-Mail still works...

Joking, everybody's welcome.

Raptomex

What's the site like? Ask as I am definitely a right of center guy (not deep right though, I dispise trump but certainly conservative) and often felt like NeoGAF, which was hugely left leaning, would attack and vilify me for just for thinking differently. So much so, I rarely posted in somethings i was interested in. Will this be permitted there?

Honest question, as I really enjoyed most of my time here but want to go to a place with the best info and is open to different viewpoints.
That was definitely a problem. You have to be extreme one way or the other apparently. But that applied to many issues that were discussed here, not just political. I avoided posting in political threads here like the plague and if it's all the same people over there now, I would imagine if you lean right, you're immediately a Nazi sexist. No debates on the issue. I haven't checked the political threads but my guess is that's still the mindset.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I registered on the other forum, but my verification email isn't working. Can someone tell the admins/mods over there please? <3

geomon

That was definitely a problem. You have to be extreme one way or the other apparently. But that applied to many issues that were discussed here, not just political. I avoided posting in political threads here like the plague and if it's all the same people over there now, I would imagine if you lean right, you're immediately a Nazi sexist. No debates on the issue. I haven't checked the political threads but my guess is that's still the mindset.

Well nobody has yet to jump in and say, "Hey Trump's doing a great job". So we'll see.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
There's some problem with that. Try changing your mail to a gmail account and checking your spam.

So re-register with a different username and email?

Did you check the spam folder? Also heard Yahoo accounts have problems, don't know why.

Yeah, I did. The thing is, I got two emails in both my inbox and spam folder (cause I sent multiple re-send requests), but neither of them work.

edit: and yes, this is a yahoo account

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom