• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which member had the best exit on GAF Or: A Very Happy GAF History Lesson

Status
Not open for further replies.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
In a thread Dragona revealed the existence of a Mod thread where the mods talk about policy/bans and stuff. Basically every thread has them, but apparently you're not supposed to tell GAFfers or something, or she mentioned something from the mod thread to a GAFfer. One of the higherups got pissed and de-modded her. Dragona was pissed, stating that she was de-modded due to her quick trigger finger for bans. She decided to walk out, Red Scarlet found out and left also.

Nope.

Scarlet's removal and Dragona's removal are unrelated.

Scarlet gave private information about a member to Costanza, which Costanza then used to try to manipulate that member (by pretending to have full access to mod information, and using that one piece of info as proof). This member knew Kagari and when she found out about it and investigated it got back to me, and Scarlet allegedly called her a snitch for telling me (that bit is second hand though since I wasn't present). Regardless, I removed her for providing Costanza with private information about a GAF member.

Dragona and I seemed to stop getting along around the time she started permanently banning anyone having any sort of discussion about transsexualism. I am 100% pro LBGT presence on GAF and against discrimination, and the policies and hopefully the moderation of the site reflect that, however when someone is having a purely scientific discussion about transsexualism and says something like "the scientific evidence for gender reassignment surgery isn't necessarily entirely conclusive in favor of it, here's why," and you perm them just for saying that, that's just having an agenda that's destructive to discussion. There's a long history of situations like that, and Dragona had the best intentions but they weren't the right decisions for a GAF mod to be making.

There were also scenarios like when Dragona would issue ultimatums in the middle of huge exploding gaming forum threads, where she would say something like "if you say anything about X after this post I will ban you for three months," and maybe five people out of a thousand would actually see the ultimatum and then she would ban dozens of people for three months, many of whom were good posters. This happened several times over the years.

On top of that, it turned out that she had been letting her partner use her admin account and he had apparently been banning people himself for years, and when she finally decided to mention that this was taking place I had to either demod her or give him his own mod account. At the time I made the very wrong decision to go with the latter, because Dragona was an OG and I wanted to keep her around, and Lyre turned out to be one of the worst mods we've ever had (don't worry, Mike Works, you're still #1 in my heart). And then I noticed they *still* used their accounts interchangeably so there was no way to have accountability for their respective mod actions, so if I wanted to get rid of Lyre it would be pointless unless I got rid of both of them. I let them both go.

ampere

Borgnine said:
Haha, Evilore killed the thread. Oh shit, dad's here, everyone shuffle off quietly...
I remember that time he said he was embarrassed for his e-children in the NeoGAF party thread

Hehe

Holy cow. I never knew there was a connection between lyre and Dragona. I enjoyed lyre for his irreverent attitude to stupid Pokemon threads too. *munches popcorn*

Hey EvilLore when can I be nominated for mod? I've been here for awhile and am well respected, plus my track record has been clean for like two years

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Interesting, thanks for setting the record straight. It's nice when us blue names know whats happening over the red side of life.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
EviLore said:

icPA4.jpg

hmmmm... so if I said that Dragona is a sonofabitch and I would like to punch her in the chest for what she did, that would be ok?

EDIT: I really hope it's not IP stuff with Red Scarlet, because I think I may have had a hand with that...

Tacitus_

EviLore said:
Scarlet gave private information about a member to Costanza, which Costanza then used to try to manipulate that member (by pretending to have full access to mod information, and using that one piece of info as proof). This member knew Kagari and when she found out about it and investigated it got back to me, and Scarlet allegedly called her a snitch for telling me (that bit is second hand though since I wasn't present). Regardless, I removed her for providing Costanza with private information about a GAF member.

Any chance you could tell what kind of private information there is for mods to see? I'd guess IPs and geographical locations, but I have no experience admining anything big.

Thanks for the insight EviLore, if there's a possibility you can shed some light on other members who were mentioned like Mr. AngryFace, Himuro, Wrath, etc. much would be appreciated.

ampere

Green Scar said:
Holy cow. I never knew there was a connection between lyre and Dragona. I enjoyed lyre for his irreverent attitude to stupid Pokemon threads too. *munches popcorn*
Yeah holy shit, I always wondered who lyre was

salva said:
Only because he wasn't there. The party was fun.
The thread was embarrassing at times, I didn't go so I can't criticize the party

Leunam

EviLore said:

Wow.

D4Danger said:
I love it when people take this place so seriously

I think it was Evilore who said in one of the recent threads that PR fims have threatened to blacklist gaf before.

from what exactly? nobody knows. It's like these people have never used the internet before.

Haha. "That's the last time we send our viral marketers to your forum!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom