• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you get crushes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was listening to TAL earlier today and there was a story about this guy who was crushing hard on this other dude. Thought about him all the time, made up excuses to get a shirtless photo of him, was always finding excuses to visit him at work, guy was head over heels. I didn't find it creepy or anything but I did find it unrelatable. Got me to realize that I never get worked up like that. Like, dating for me is "huh I wouldn't mind having sex with her" and then asking the girl in question out and having sex until I get bored of her. But I never even approach the level of "omg this person is the most amazing person ever blah blah blah". Is this just a maturity thing (not that I recall feeling like that when I was younger either) or am I just not as emotional as some people?

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Last time I had a "crush" was a little over four years ago. A few months on the job and this new 24 year old girl shows up, and I have to train her and work by her every day. She was a really amazing girl. Gorgeous, super smart, worldly, fun. I couldn't believe my luck. She had no idea (at least I don't think) how much I wanted her. We got off well at first and flirted a little bit, but nothing came of it. She really was legitimately out of my league. My second real crush in at least a decade.

Once in a while. Really annoying as I'm quite happily in an eleven year monogamous relationship. Find keeping my s/o informed keeps me honest.

Am I a robot

tumblr_m79r2umVRH1qzuqjzo1_250.gif

oneils

I hate having a crush. Last one I had was over 4 years ago. I was about 29/30. I was pretty embarrassed with myself. I hadn't had one in years. It had been so long that I cannot remember the last one.

My relationships with my girlfriends never really start as a crush. The relationships just start from a few dates and yadda yadda yadda, I'm in love.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
shanshan, if we ever dated I'd take you for a nice dinner and then put my coat on the puddle in front of the restaurant when we got out then take you home and just hug you good night.

You probably just haven't come across the girl that makes you feel that way. It's not a matter of being unemotional, it just takes the right person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom