• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you get crushes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm often interested in girls, rarely get crushes on them. I think I've had two crushes this year, both had the same name. I went for one of them and failed, the other I kinda just got over and I now think she is into me.

On the other hand, just took a girl I'm interested in on a date tonight. :D

Rayis

I do but very slight crushes, like I see the guy and I'm like "I want a piece of that" but I forget about them as soon as I get away from them, never fallen head over heels for someone, my personality doesn't allow it LOL

Wubby

I had my first crush when I was 4 in preschool and at 32 I still get crushes all the time. I don't think it will ever end. Problem is I'm married now which makes having a crush extra hard since I can't do anything about them anymore.

Noema

I used to crush pretty hard on certain girls, and worse, I used to really idealize certain types of girls.

Until I met a girl who also happened to be my biggest crush ever and whom I ended up almost marrying after a 3 year relationship. That pretty much sobered me up and I don't see myself crushing on anyone ever again. Not because I became jaded or cynical; rather because I finally grew up and matured after such a relationship with someone whom I'd originally had such a crush on.

It's just healthier that way.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I used to, but I very rarely do anymore. I'm not intimidated by people who I'm attracted to, and if someone rejects me, I generally deal with it pretty well. So, I don't find myself in very many situations in which I'm attracted to someone and can't do anything about it.

I sometimes have minor celebrity crushes, but I don't really think about them outside of instances in which the celebrity is on screen or mentioned in conversation or whatever.

Ikael

Sometimes, usually with people I have zero chances with, hence the need to forcefully remove feelings as if they were a cancerous growth.

cdyhybrid

I try to suppress any and all feelings even remotely related to romance because nothing good will ever come from them and I'd rather be numb than sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDoQ2wGT6-k

Nowadays I probably don't have the naievity/optimism for it to last.

But back in school there was a girl I sat next to in math that I let mooch off my A average when she didn't have her homework finished. And another who said she missed playing that when I had Super Mario Kart running in typing class.
Both nice, smart, playful, and pretty. Damn... thanks for bumming me out...

jaxword

I had a crush on this girl, but she told me she only liked sensitive guys. So I started crying in front of her and she called me a total pussy. I don't get it, friendzoned again.

Keikaku

The last time I had a crush on a girl was 3 years ago. Came out of nowhere because I was convinced that I was past that phase of my life.

I've long since moved on, of course, but it was funny and a bit scary to feel like that again. The last time before that was way back in college, so maybe another 4-5 years before that.

I do. Right now, with my best friend.

It sucks.

i-know-that-feel.jpg

me too friend, me too.

NinjaBoiX

kinda, but it's not like when I was a kid where it's just painfully obvious and I cant hide it
Basically this.

I get crushes as in, finding a girl really attractive, and noticing all the cute little things she does.

I don't get crushes where I'm knotted up inside, and think I've fallen in love anymore.

I think once you've been in love, you can discern a crush from love. As a kid, if you fancy a girl, that's it, she's your everything!

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/005/393/i-know-that-feel.jpg[IMG]

me too friend, me too.[/QUOTE]
The worst part is that she actually likes me and like to spend time/going out with me, but she's with one of my friends, who treats her like crap. And she's fine with it.

I just have to wait now, and that makes everything worse.

It depends. If I get emotionally invested in someone, yeah, of course. It sucks when you think you have a connection with someone, on some emotional level, but only to find out that they were just stringing you along. Especially when you have life changing events that happen where you are in need of that person. Shit sucks and sometimes I don't know how to deal with it.

Am I a robot

Yes, you are.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I do. Last friday we kissed, tore some clothes off and... well, it was fun. I haven't had that much fun with someone I had a crush on since school. It was... very fun. :)

TUROK

Most of them are. Usually people with a lot of self-confidence wouldn't even classify them as a "crush," but just another girl they like. There's exceptions though.
Aren't they one in the same? I always assumed a crush is when you like someone.

A few years ago, I noticed a pattern with the girls I was interested in. They were often dating douchey guys that loved being cocky and whatnot. I decided I must be getting attracted to the wrong kind of personalities. Ever since then, I haven't really had any of those "unattainable crushes".

Natetan

Yeah it's weird because we became pretty good friends and then i randomly started letting some of those feelings of attraction get to me, and this person is pretty secretive and vague about their life so leads me to believe some times there is a chance of it going somewhere. I feel like a moron about it too.

Things will iron out eventually, just wish it would be sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom